Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i blame canada

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Booo i need my fix, 4 eps in and im already hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I've been clearing things from my queue and got to this show late. Just up to eppy 2 now and I have to say I'm very impressed. It's really a very strong show with a very strong start. I know there are some plot contrivances but if the overall package was of lesser quality I'd be all over that like a rash but for now, because they need to get the story set up, I'm very happy to let them get on with that. I hope the show continues with the high standards it began with. I reckon Kiera will be my vote for hottest actress in next year's TV awards as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Was expecting more from Kiera & Alec's first meeting, but great ep nonetheless. Love how the lines are starting to blur for Cameron now. What are the right & wrong choices for her future. Change one thing and change everything?

• Advertisement

Ahh i love a good grandfather paradox

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first episode yesterday and liked it... girlfriend didn't though!

Was odd to see William B Davis without a fag in hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I haven't seen any eps. since the pilot...need to catch up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I actually like this show more and more after each new episode. Latest one was really great!

Wonder if that girl was actually Kellog's grandmother or was he just trying to hide his actual ancestors from the rest of Liber8 like Alec suggested.

From the look on old Alec's face in 2077 after the time travel happened makes me think it is a single timeline and he knows whats up. And somethings clearly up with Alec and his interest in Lily.

Ockoe.jpg

Song at the end -

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Agreed, I'm thinking that isn't actually Kellog's grandmother.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Strongest episode so far I think. I agree that the girl probably wasn't Kellog's grandmother and suspect he knew that all along and was forming a relationship with her as a type of insurance for just this eventuality. Or it could turn out that his mother/father was adopted or that she already had a baby that she hadn't gotten around to mentioning to the odd man who turned up and kept giving her family money. I just hope the writers know and aren't just leaving it open so they can make it up as they go along.

I still think this series would be improved if Keira wasn't the central character. I just care about her so little compared to Kagame and Kellog. It would also be nice if some of the time spent on her was instead spent on showing some of the other Liber8 people less two dimensionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Really liking this show so far! Nice to see familar faces from Stargate too, that's three so far. Guessing that is due to Jeff King.

I would say it is definitely a single timeline. The old Alec had a very knowing smile on his face when the initial time jump happened. Should be interesting to find out the reason for his Interest in Lily.. stupid hiatus now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Pretty decent show. Enjoying it so far anyway.

Redisle wrote: »
    Really liking this show so far! Nice to see familar faces from Stargate too, that's three so far.

Place is packed with stargate alumni

Kagame was Bra'tac
    Sonya Valentine was the SGC doctor who was General Landry's daughter
    Dr. Park from SGU is the random police analyst
    The Canadian General in episode 4 was Colonel Maybourne I think.
    The tattooed Liber8 guy who died early on was a Lucian alliance guy on SGU.

Conor108 wrote: »
    Place is packed with stargate alumni

Kagame was Bra'tac
    Sonya Valentine was the SGC doctor who was General Landry's daughter
    Dr. Park from SGU is the random police analyst
    The Canadian General in episode 4 was Colonel Maybourne I think.
    The tattooed Liber8 guy who died early on was a Lucian alliance guy on SGU.

Hah im gonna out Stargate nerd you here, the chief police guy played the avatar of a spaceship terraforming a planet SG-1 had reloacted some orange eyed settlers to.
    Couldnt remember the episode name or number off hand as its been a while but after a bit of digging it turns out it was season 4 episode 9

1x06 us out.

As much as im enjoying this show im begginning to have a bit of a problem with the whole idea of the liber8 guys coming back in time then staying in one city and making trouble there as if it will affect the entire world, i know its not exactly meant to be based on fact but i wish the show creators would give us a bit of a wider angle view of how they are affecting the future instead of just having characters tell us "oh this will change everything"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Just after watching the last 6 episodes in the last week and I'm enjoying the show but I'm unsure it it will get another season. It seems to be running into a story line like Alcatraz did where the writers just make things more and more unbelievable and before the end of the series it will have nothing left. Having said that it has impressed me with certain aspects of it i.e the grandmother story didn't drag on and on or the whole will they find out she's not from Portland thing was solved quickly.

Things that are getting on my nerves a bit,
    How a kid in a hay barn can tap into any computer network and phone line with absolutely no difficulty.

How liber8 can just go totally unnoticed everywhere and pretty much gives them a cart balance with there story line.

Oscar, absolutely no chemistry with the lead actress, he's just a bit of a so called tough cop that I think is a terrible actor and only has his looks going for him.

Will definitively stick it out till the end of the season as it's only 10 but unsure about next year

This week was good, but perhaps they wrapped it up too quickly in this one episode. Obviously now that Liber8 knows about Alex he is in trouble. I can't help but think that, perhaps, Kagame is his step-brother. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I can't help but think that, perhaps, Kagame is his step-brother. :eek:
    sure they saved kagama mother a few eps back when she was pregnant with kagama,

it should be interesting to see how it plays out now that their aware of him,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'm sure kagama knows all about Alec, as in ep 1 I'm sure it was Alec(2077) was the one who sent the fugitives back in time, and Alec discovers a message from his future self in Kieras systems. So maybe the 65 year jump was all planed by Alec.

Totally forgot about the whole mothers thing!

Dymo wrote: »
    I'm sure kagama knows all about Alec, as in ep 1 I'm sure it was Alec(2077) was the one who sent the fugitives back in time, and Alec discovers a message from his future self in Kieras systems. So maybe the 65 year jump was all planed by Alec.
    yeah alec knew they were heading back in time in the future, but i dont think he arranged it he just didnt stop it,

when he saw who all the convicts were he made sure kiera was in the room as he knew her the second he met her that she traveled back in time to meet the younger him, and id say her suit lead to the building of his empire,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Any show that tries to use a time line usually mess'es it up so I hope he writers get it right. Only 2 episodes left in this season so I'm expecting a couple of cliff hangers at the end.

Damn that short season! Wonder if it'll get renewed, I'm really enjoying it so I hope it does.

Season finale next week, pretty uch 110% guaranteed to be renewed, it's Showcases highest ever rated show. I only watched the pilot...never bothered to watch past that, dunno....might pick it up sometime down the line..... :(

Synopsis 1x10
    Episode 110: “Endtimes”
    Logline:
    Kiera races the clock to stop a terrorist attack. Meanwhile, Alec and Julian’s place in history will become defined by the horrific event.
    Synopsis:
    Kiera must race against the clock when she realizes that in her timeline, today is the day that terrorists bomb a building killing hundreds of innocent people. As she tries to stop the imminent bombing, Liber8 kidnaps her trusty sidekick Alec after he realizes his stepbrother Julian is under their sway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is
    Julian
    Kagame? The tattoo at the end (and Kagame saying that the events at the farm would shape him) seem to imply that he is...

That's what I assumed too, but then we saw a random woman pregnant with Kagame a few episodes ago as Don Ramo said.

Really thought they stepped up their game this week. Renew this show!

• Advertisement

picking up a bit now near the end, kagame is gonna use julian to get to alec, it should be interesting to see how things pan out now, somehow i doubt alecs stepfather didnt die when he was younger so that should have a big affect on him when he decides what direction his future company will take,

im surprised i haven't heard of any US channels picking this up, it would be good if someone like SYFY acquired the US rights, this is the type of show they should be getting back to, they have 1 or 2 shows coming up that look good and i think this would make a good addition to their line-up,

Advertisement