Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mark of the beast

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What failed ones :confused:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

These ones for a start.

Could you point out a single correct prediction from the bible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

King Mob wrote: »
    http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

These ones for a start.

Could you point out a single correct prediction from the bible?
    There are no dates mentioned in Revelation for the "end of the world" or any other major event such as the tribulation, people have been mistakingly placing dates, they being incorrect, not the Bible. However Scripture gives us guidelines of what to look out for before the tribulation and return of Christ.

There are no dates mentioned in Revelation for the "end of the world" or any other major event such as the tribulation, people have been mistakingly placing dates, they being incorrect, not the Bible. However Scripture gives us guidelines of what to look out for before the tribulation and return of Christ.

Ah so you don't actually predict anything at all. Very convient.

Can you show a single other sign or is your interpretation about the mark of the beast being RFID chips.

But how come the seven head dragon has to be interpreted but the mark of the beast are RFID chips because it very specifically (according to you) says "in the hand and forehead". Kinda a double standard there.

Ah so you don't actually predict anything at all. Very convient.Can you show a single other sign or is your interpretation about the mark of the beast being RFID chips.
    Yes as I have explainesd heaps of times already, IN the right hand or IN the Forehead in order to buy or sell.(KJV & Greek translation) If it wasn't so specific I would have expected the mark of the beast to be some kind of a printed barcode tattoo.

Can you show a single other sign or is your interpretation about the mark of the beast being RFID chips.
    Yes as I have explainesd heaps of times already, IN the right hand or IN the Forehead in order to buy or sell.(KJV & Greek translation) If it wasn't so specific I would have expected the mark of the beast to be some kind of a printed barcode tattoo.[/QUOTE]

But it also specifically says seven headed dragon.

How about any of these other signs that are meant to signify the end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Yes as I have explainesd heaps of times already, IN the right hand or IN the Forehead in order to buy or sell.(KJV & Greek translation) If it wasn't so specific I would have expected the mark of the beast to be some kind of a printed barcode tattoo.

But it also specifically says seven headed dragon.

How about any of these other signs that are meant to signify the end?[/quote]

William Smith prophecised the end, twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So if people have been mistakenly reading the signs and - as a result - mistakenly placing dates, I assume you also accept that you may be misreading signs, and that RFID is, in fact, not the mark of the beast at all?

Incidentally, lets not forget that that part of your connection of RFID and biblical prophecy equates RFID with barcodes, then misreads barcode "guard bars" as 6s...thus leading to the conclusion that barcodes contain 666 (which they don't) and therefore RFID (which doesn't have guard bars) contains 666 as well.

bonkey wrote: »
    So if people have been mistakenly reading the signs and - as a result - mistakenly placing dates, I assume you also accept that you may be misreading signs, and that RFID is, in fact, not the mark of the beast at all?

Incidentally, lets not forget that that part of your connection of RFID and biblical prophecy equates RFID with barcodes, then misreads barcode "guard bars" as 6s...thus leading to the conclusion that barcodes contain 666 (which they don't) and therefore RFID (which doesn't have guard bars) contains 666 as well.
    I would consider the Barcode a follow up to RFID, one only has to go to a Tesco self service desk pr carry out stock taking in a large warehouse to see how unreliable and slow these things are. It is only a matter of time when consumer bar codes will be replaced by powder chips. I consider the 666 bit in barcodes as a wake up call whether it can be read by computer scanner in binary formation or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

simplistic wrote: »
    Ok this is the simplest explanation I have found so far on the subject.

I will do the best I can to answer with the limited time I am allotted….

Good luck and God Speed

TL;DR

I would consider the Barcode a follow up to RFID, one only has to go to a Tesco self service desk pr carry out stock taking in a large warehouse to see how unreliable and slow these things are. It is only a matter of time when consumer bar codes will be replaced by powder chips. I consider the 666 bit in barcodes as a wake up call whether it can be read by computer scanner in binary formation or not.
    You kinda missed the point of Bonkey's post.
    If people have misread the signs before and can produce false predictions,how do you know you're not doing the same?

• Advertisement

You kinda missed the point of Bonkey's post.
    If people have misread the signs before and can produce false predictions,how do you know you're not doing the same?
    I would never place times and dates on Biblical prophecy.With regards to the Mark of the Beast, It will only happen when there is a Global authority. No sooner.

I would never place times and dates on Biblical prophecy.With regards to the Mark of the Beast, It will only happen when there is a Global authority. No sooner.

Again missed the point entirely.

How do you know that your interpretation that the mark of the beast is right when similar interpretations are wrong?

Can you point to and other signs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

What will happen when the beast arrives? Does Ted Haaggard still have nay credibility on this stuff?

DTrotter wrote: »
    What will happen when the beast arrives?
    All this wonderful technology, IE CCTV surveylance cams, ANPR, transit smart cards, cashless cards, E Borders, E tags,IP, E mails, text messages, GSM, and any other form of digiital information will be stored in a central atabase and used against you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

All this wonderful technology, IE CCTV surveylance cams, ANPR, transit smart cards, cashless cards, E Borders, E tags,IP, E mails, text messages, GSM, and any other form of digiital information will be stored in a central atabase and used against you

Thought you said that was already happening?

All this wonderful technology, IE CCTV surveylance cams, ANPR, transit smart cards, cashless cards, E Borders, E tags,IP, E mails, text messages, GSM, and any other form of digiital information will be stored in a central atabase and used against you :eek:

And where in the bible is that?

Thought you said that was already happening?
    Happening but lacking integration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Can something be done about it ?
    Is there anything can we do to prevent this .

espinolman wrote: »
    Can something be done about it ?
    Is there anything can we do to prevent this .

It is virtually impossible, people don't listen, they are gullible and so intrigued by modern technology that they oversee the potential of privacy invasion.

They look at electronic toll plazas, transit smart cards, cash cards RFID, even surgical implants etc as "convenient, time saving devices", similarly high tech CCTV & ANPR is considered a valuable tool against crime and are welcomed in most neighborhoods. People are also facinated in the latest mobile phone and even more so when soon you will be able to purchase anything with them using NFC technology.

The best way to explain the potential dangers of such technology would be to imagine if Stalin or Hitler had access to it, they could pinpoint and track down dissidents minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

RTdH wrote:
    PAll this wonderful technology, IE CCTV surveylance cams, ANPR, transit smart cards, cashless cards, E Borders, E tags,IP, E mails, text messages, GSM, and any other form of digiital information will be stored in a central atabase and used against you :eek:

And where in the bible is that?

What? Your king james bible didn't include the sharper image fold out section? I'd call the publisher.

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    What? Your king james bible didn't include the sharper image fold out section? I'd call the publisher.
    He would also find it written in the amplified version. :D

The best way to explain the potential dangers of such technology would be to imagine if Stalin or Hitler had access to it, they could pinpoint and track down dissidents minutes.

Funnily enough, I'd see that as the potential danger of allowing a Stalin or Hitler to take power in a nation.

Modern medicine has a horrific potential for misuse, but I don't think it should be banned or avoided in case some crazy dictator decides to misuse it.

Modern medicine has a horrific potential for misuse, but I don't think it should be banned or avoided in case some crazy dictator decides to misuse it.
    Such as a Swine flu vaccine. :pac:

Exactly. I think it would be irresponsibility of the highest order for such vaccines to be opposed or not to be produced for fear that someone could misuse a vaccination program at some time in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

Exactly. I think it would be irresponsibility of the highest order for such vaccines to be opposed or not to be produced for fear that someone could misuse a vaccination program at some time in the future.

Yep. I think RTDH and yourself will find a common ground on regulating the authority behind the technology rather than the technology itself. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that.

I'd have serious grievances however if my government were to dictate that an item of technology becomes mandatory when it is not essential to my day-today living. Furthermore my grievances would only be amplified when an item of technology impedes my civil liberties and freedoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I love the irony of someone using the Bible to prove a conspiracy.

Using the probably the Biggest Conspiracy of all time to prove all the smaller ones. If you want to see a real conspiracy look at the history of that very KJV you're quoting from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

studiorat wrote: »
    I love the irony of someone using the Bible to prove a conspiracy.

Using the probably the Biggest Conspiracy of all time to prove all the smaller ones. If you want to see a real conspiracy look at the history of that very KJV you're quoting from.

If I believed every theory that out there then they each would perhaps cancel each other out.

Advertisement