Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mark of the beast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

simplistic wrote: »
    Its your account number for your exemption account that has unlimited credit.

What does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

where did he go?
    :)

This subject was discussed in the Christianity forum almost two years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055122906&highlight=mark+beast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

:)

This subject was discussed in the Christianity forum almost two years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055122906&highlight=mark+beast

The most interesting tidbit I've come across thus far:
    Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - irrational fear of the number 666.

Anybody looking to pronounce the word go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it would be easy enough to pronounce if it wasn't for the "ioi" in it. How the hell do you pronounce "ioi"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

humanji wrote: »
    I think it would be easy enough to pronounce if it wasn't for the "ioi" in it. How the hell do you pronounce "ioi"?

Oi, in Landan accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Interesting stuff. Barcodes vs PPS Numbers vs ID Chips. It goes to show that it doesn't require much correlate the 'mark of the beast' with modern systems / technologies and their respective trajectories.

Even though I don't subscribe to biblical prophecies I'll put my money on the ID Chips. This would leverage the governments control over the individual instantaneously. From what I've read its merely a case of switching the transaction authorization off. Falling out of line and dissidence suddenly equates with starvation and the prevention of access to essential services. Again, this all seems to tie in nicely with the Book of Revelations.

Or to people in the fact based world the Book of Revelation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

DTrotter wrote: »

If we believed conspiracy theorists the book of revelations is the only book in the bible.

Diogenes wrote: »
    If we believed conspiracy theorists the book of revelations is the only book in the bible.

And the fact they can't name it correctly speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Who cares what they call it, it's still jibberish at the end of the day.

Who cares what they call it, it's still jibberish at the end of the day.
    Its all jibberish until it is eventually becomes a reality, first among repeated sex offenders, early release parole, Alzheimer's patients etc, and eventually you in order to make any financial transaction. "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Its all jibberish until it is eventually becomes a reality, first among repeated sex offenders, early release parole, Alzheimer's patients etc, and eventually you in order to make any financial transaction. "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark".
    And then a seven headed dragon will pop out and eat everyone. And then all the angels play trumpets.

Yep makes total sense.

King Mob wrote: »
    And then a seven headed dragon will pop out and eat everyone. And then all the angels play trumpets.

Yep makes total sense.
    The language of the Book of Revelation is very much symbolic and also one should also be very slow to mock scripture particularly if you don't understand it.

The seven-headed dragon is explicitly named as Satan, portrayed in other biblical passages as a ruling prince. We are also told the heads of this Dragon represent seven mountains and seven kings (ruilers).

Are you honestly calling me out on the fact that I mistakenly pluralized a theological nomenclature?

Am I a composite of the collective 'they' you just referenced or were you referring to something else? Please elaborate on what volumes this should speak? Weak and inarticulate snide comments just won't cut it in this forum (The moderators are effectively on the beat and members generally respect each other a little more even if they'll never see eye to eye). At the very least afford yourself the luxury of exercising a little academic backbone by fleshing out your insinuations with a little non-exhaustive conviction.

I'd hate to think that you've exhibited rather transparently your combined cognitive and textual linguistic limitations and that your only semblance of recent contribution to this thread are two instances of reprimand in relation to spelling.

The language of the Book of Revelation is very much symbolic and also one should also be very slow to mock scripture particularly if you don't understand it.

The seven-headed dragon is explicitly named as Satan, portrayed in other biblical passages as a ruling prince. We are also told the heads of this Dragon represent seven mountains and seven kings (ruilers).

Since when does heads = mountains = kings?
    Why doesn't the bible say that it means rules instead of using symbols?
    How do you know it doesn't mean a dragon will jump out?
    And why does the bible not give some dates for these things?

How do you know that your interpretation is right when every single person who has predicted this stuff before you has been wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Keep your snide comments to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Yep makes total sense.

Never ever knock anything you have no way to prove or disprove;)Just cause it doesn't fit in to your logic, the world was once flat :D penguins couldn't fly,(But what happened both wrong)

shqipshume wrote: »
    Directed at King Mob: Never ever knock anything you have no way to prove or disprove;)

King Mobs posts and points on this matter are fair enough but I've never come across anyone who religious or not that takes whats said in the the book in an absolute literal sense (I'm sure they exist though). Even my grandmother, a solid and traditional catholic will explain that the books of Genesis and Revelation consists of parts that are more like the romantic metaphors of a poem.

shqipshume wrote: »
    Never ever knock anything you have no way to prove or disprove;)Just cause it doesn't fit in to your logic, the world was once flat :D penguins couldn't fly,(But what happened both wrong)

But penguins can't fly.

And I was making th point that Revelations is open to a lot of interpretation.
    So that's why I'm asking how is RTDH's version any different to the thousands of failed ones.

But penguins can't fly.

Are you sure? ;)

(Mods: I'll reduce this to a link if its too intrusive)

How do you know that it's not literal and that the mark of the beast is a symbolic metaphor? How can these things be so selective?
    Isn't the beast the anti-christ?
    King Mob wrote:
    And I was making th point that Revelations is open to a lot of interpretation.

In fariness, it was written about the Romans by a junky banished to an island, so it's hardly going to be lucid. :D

• Advertisement

How do you know that it's not literal and that the mark of the beast is a symbolic metaphor?
    One cannot buy or sell without it, I would take it as literal.
    How can these things be so selective? Isn't the beast the anti-christ?
    I take the "Beast" as a system of Government that is totally opposed to God.

Agreed, we should move to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Agreed, we should move to Saudi Arabia or Iran.
    Saudi or Iran would be like a garden party compared to this up and coming totalitarian "system". All your electronic purchase and movement will be recorded digitally and will also pin point your location on this planet. Dare fall out of line and you will be totally isolated from society, you will not be able to get a job, collect benefit, travel or make commercial transactions or do anything that requires you to swipe your globally accepted ID card. Already people entering the US and UK are being questioned by the authorities over minor offenses commited in foreign countries when they touch their chipped passports. These police records have now been shared across the globe and it will only get worse..

It could be mean that buying and selling is the way of Satan and we should all give freely to others. It can be interpreted in thousands of ways, depending on what you want it to mean.

It could be mean that buying and selling is the way of Satan and we should all give freely to others. It can be interpreted in thousands of ways, depending on what you want it to mean.
    The Bible warns of tattoos or any type of cuttings in the flesh,"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD". Leviticus 19:28

I presume this would also include branded marks and surgical implants. I believe there may be a return to some kind of a barter system, but it can only go so far with it and would be only good for those living in self sufficient communes.

The Bible warns of tattoos or any type of cuttings in the flesh,"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD". Leviticus 19:28

I presume this would also include branded marks and surgical implants. I believe there may be a return to some kind of a barter system, but it can only go so far with it and would be only good for those living in self sufficient communes.
    You mean the same Leviticus that tells you to stone people for minor offenses?

You've yet to explain how your interpretation is any more likely than the thousands of ones that have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You should be okay here in that case, considering our constitution is riddled with references to god and jesus.

You mean the same Leviticus that tells you to stone people for minor offenses?

You've yet to explain how your interpretation is any more likely than the thousands of ones that have failed.

If you had some understanding of the Bible, much of the old testament was fulfilled by the new along with some of these old laws. I would still be very cautious about receiving any sort of mandatory brand or incision.

If you had some understanding of the Bible, much of the old testament was fulfilled by the new along with some of these old laws. I would still be very cautious about receiving any sort of mandatory brand or incision.

And ignoring the important part I see.

How is your prediction any different to the thousands of failed ones?

• Advertisement

How is your prediction any different to the thousands of failed ones?

What failed ones :confused:

Advertisement