Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

mansize wrote: »
    Two things I didnt like about AS2, Visage critique- unwarranted - it was a talent show and Adore showed far more talent than most, and that bit at the end, I mean... ¬¬

Hi Mansize - Are up to speed on the rumoured T as to why this may have been shoehorned in? I think I heard rumours as to why, but not sure if this has been confirmed :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The autotune editing was really ****ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Hunchback wrote: »
    Hi Mansize - Are up to speed on the rumoured T as to why this may have been shoehorned in? I think I heard rumours as to why, but not sure if this has been confirmed :cool:

Spill the T bitch lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Hunchback wrote: »

Rumour has it!

I wouldn't blame her for it either! (If we're on the same page)

Spill the T bitch lol

But it'd ruin the season for you :D:D

I though Visage had already done that! Lol

Ah I think I know. Is this from the rumoured T that Alaska's ex boyfriend spilled?

Aye

I though Visage had already done that! Lol

Ah I still love ol' vinegar t*ts to be fair. Was prolly just a bit reactionary on my part earlier in the thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Some of the T spilled by Alaska's ex doesn't match the information from other people.
    His top 3 is different to what someone else has reported by one queen, he said that Alaska would be the one making the decision on who goes home in episode one, which didn't happen - she didn't want to send Coco home as she didn't want to see racist. The Adore T is looking likely.

I have never been a massive fan of Michelle as her critiques are always so flip floppy and what she applies to one queen doesn't apply to all of them. What she said to Adore though was so uncalled for. I get that this is All Stars but the critique was so personal.

• Advertisement

Visage blows hot and cold and is more inconsistent than my shower!

And Ru Paul was always bsing about drag being more than just dressing up in women's high fashion

Visage just wants attention IMHO

No sign of Mz Delano at the VMA's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It wouldn't be much good if the judges were all kind and sweet. Visage is just doing her job.

Great first episode, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Goodshape wrote: »
    It wouldn't be much good if the judges were all kind and sweet. Visage is just doing her job.
    Nothing she said was constructive, though. "Your hair is okay but I hate everything else" isn't critique, it's just a dumb insult.

I thought the episode was, although I would've put Detox in the bottom over Adore. Roxxxy really slayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

tbh great points in this thread. Ru started off drag where Adore is now. To insult it or say it's not high end is really an ignorant thing. I'm not Adore's biggest fan but she was committed in that challenge and as Roxy has come out on Twitter to say, should have been top/winner of it.

Also weird considering Michelle and her would have done tonnes of gigs/BOTS together. To bring that all up on television? A bit...tasteless.

Detox also brought it up on the show and the amount of queens that defended Adore on twitter after it aired is quite telling. I can't remember which queen it was but one of them said it was a lot worse in person than what they actually ended up airing. This was all filmed a year ago and Adore says she and Michelle are fine but even at that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Even if there were any personal issues at that time it shouldn't have impacted on her judging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

I can understand Michelle being harsher as this is All Stars, so the bar is set a hell of a lot higher than a normal season, but I do think she was very tough on Adore. A lot of the queens have tweeted support for Adore and I think it was PhiPhi who said recently that it was a lot more harsh than what we saw, hence why she turned to another queen and whispered "oh my God!".

Anyway, Adore has tweeted that her and Michelle are fine. It's a TV show famous for it's drama and bitchyness, so let's not get too carried away!

Anyway, new episode tomorrow night in the US so I will be having my usual viewing party with some friends Friday night over some drinks, nibbles and plenty of shade! Bring it on!

Yeah at the end of the day it is a tv show 90% staged but Visage is as consistant as cottage cheese!

My problem is that she critiqued Adore as if it was a sewing challenge. Todrick just got it and his critique made the most sense; Adore could not have come out in a glam gown for that song or else Visage would have said that it didn't fit - she couldn't win.
    Todrick said it best when he said that the voice was on point and the dress was Adores style.

• Advertisement

You know it's bad when Todrick Hall is the voice of reason :D

Can't wait for tonight's episode, looks like **** is going to hit the fan. Logo posted only a two minute preview rather than the usual 10ish minute one. Now to find some way to keep busy for the next 5 hours...

Reiketsu wrote: »

Can't wait for tonight's episode, looks like **** is going to hit the fan. Logo posted only a two minute preview rather than the usual 10ish minute one. Now to find some way to keep busy for the next 5 hours...

They have to hide the elephant in the room

They have to hide the elephant in the room
    Oh yeah, definitely. The shorter preview just adds fuel to fire!

https://www.facebook.com/letsbesickening/videos/516331118557825/

For your consideration. Category is...***ing hilarious!

Ash885 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/letsbesickening/videos/516331118557825/

For your consideration. Category is...***ing hilarious!

The bit with Coco's entrance is so cruel but gave me the biggest laugh

Nyeh, why do I watch this? Insomnia I guess!

• Advertisement

Anyone looking this weeks episode, it is available to watch/download from here -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ozY32MvDV8WldMTnNQV2hLSlE/view

Phi Phi going back to being classic Phi Phi it seems...!

Ash885 wrote:
    Phi Phi going back to being classic Phi Phi it seems...!

Yeah she was a shady elephant getting in Roxxees head like that. Who was the other qween PhiPhi talked to again? Was it Alyssa? Cuz girl, Alyssa is not that qween and pageant mind games be like nothing to huh

Alyssa indeed.

I didn't like the whole thing about who decides to eliminate other queens. "I could never do that..." Yes Phi Phi, no need to worry I doubt you'll get the chance to. Very weird mind games at work for someone who specifcally re-entered to show a different side to themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm not a fan of the new elimination process. So far the right people have gone but I know when someone kicks out a strong competitor it's going to annoy me. I much preferred it when Ru made the final call.

Kayta ftw

• Advertisement

I am sad for Tatianna that she didn't get to stay longer, but she will be back.

Also, whilst I enjoy a good PhiPhi bash, turns out Roxxxy and Alyssa both asked PhiPhi for her opinion on their characters. It didn't show you that in the show, but the girls have said publicly on Twitter that her thoughts were asked for and it wasn't her just playing mind games as per the producers editing.

Oh I know that the girls have come out on Twitter to say that. But still, I really don't see much of a change in her. Sure the drag has improved ten fold but it wasn't in any way constructive critism.

Gutted for Tatianna. After such a strong first week to this. The right call was made as she was the worst in the Snatch Game.

This is Alaska's crown to lose and it's so obvious. Not that she doesn't deserve it but you can tell she is getting the winners edit already.

I do see a change in Phi Phi. You can see she's very concious of not being a bitch this time around and I'm wondering if she's deliberately holding back so she doesn't have to eliminate any fan favourites.

Adore quitting was bs. I get that she wanted to protect her brand but surely she knew that going in that Michelle would read her look. Michelle likes glamour and pageant style drag and doesn't appreciate grunge and goth. This is not news to Drag Race fans. She should have stuck it out. I'm thinking someone like Laganja or Trinity could have taken her place and made the most of it

Holy crap, Detox's look was probably one of the strongest in all of Drag Race. Absolutely iconic.

Alaska's Mae West was perfect. I was in bits laughing.

I thought Alyssa was great too and expected her to be in the top. Not as fully formed as Alaska's character but her mannerisms were hilarious. Surprised Katya rated so highly, couldn't really see much of Bjork in what she was doing.

Roxxy's Alaska 5000 was just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I thought Alyssa was great too and expected her to be in the top. Not as fully formed as Alaska's character but her mannerisms were hilarious. Surprised Katya rated so highly, couldn't really see much of Bjork in what she was doing.

Tbf Alyssa literally just played herself saying some famous lines. At least you could see where Katya was going with Bjork.

It's Alaska's season to lose, but I'm perfectly happy with that!

You can start to appreciate just how brilliant Alaska's Snatch Game is when you see the real Mae West;

I thought Roxxxy was the worst

A great episode!

Adore was right to quit. She did a Periscope after this episode aired and said at that time her dad had just died, her boyfriend had broken up with her and she was going through depression. She basically wasn't in the right head space for it at all and probably took things more to heart that she would have done normally. I don't think a TV show is worth sacrificing your sanity over.

I heard a rumour that producers wanted Phi Phi to crack up and provide them with good tv and she was having none of it. She's very conscious of the fact she needs to redeem herself and being put in the villain edit upset her. Roxxxy did indeed ask for her advice and in fact Roxxxy had planned to do Alaska FIRST, then Sofia Vergara. Even Ru couldn't place Sofia. So Roxxxy went back to her original idea. If Phi Phi had really wanted to be shady she'd just say she was great and let her bomb...but she bombed on her original idea anyway. Snatch game was hilarious, I'm surprised Alyssa wasn't in the top two. Her runway was kind of weak though so maybe that's why. Katya and Alaska deserved their top spot though.

Detox was in the bottom by default I feel. Her runway look was iconic and her Nancy Grace was somewhat decent. It's a strong cast this year. I think Tatianna was the right choice to send home but Roxxxy wasn't much better overall this week.

Alaska seems to be getting the winners edit, although I am rooting for Katya personally. Alaska is coming across as sort of cold and her reaction to Adore leaving didn't impress me. I loved her in season 5 but I can't warm to her this season at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LostBoy97

Omg I did not know there was a thread for this! My absolute favourite show! I was kinda sad to see Adore go because I've always liked here but I do think it was the right thing for her to do. I have no favourites yet because they're all talented so I'm excited to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement

Alaska is probably the most talented of a very mediocre group

mansize wrote:
    Alaska is probably the most talented of a very mediocre group

I would've been tempted to put a couple less season 5 qweens in, but girl these qween is thirsty!! At first I was a bit like, Tatianna - really? But now I think she justified her spot and the only decision I would question would be the decision to include Coco Montriese. The rest of them deserve it. Don't forget, they are prolly holding back a couple of absolute crackers for All Stars 3

Why did they have Coco there? Somebody has to go home first!

I'm glad Tatianna is back for AS2. She was very underrated in S2 and so far on AS2 she has been rather fun to watch again.

It's strange though that AS1 featured queens from S1-4 but AS2 has queens from S2 and S4 in it as well as queens from 5, 6, and 7. It would have been much better if it only had queens from S5-8 in it. The competition for AS1 would have been a lot better if Mimi was replaced by Tatianna and possibly Pandora replaced by Phi Phi.

It's who is available and who would fit in with the program style.

I think the lineup is pretty great. I could watch Alaska, Alyssa, Detox, and Ginger Minj all day, and the other queens are plenty strong too.

It might be "Alaska's to win", getting the "winners edit", but it's pretty justified – her output on and off Drag Race has always been fantastic.

And Alyssa has really found her character since her season. The "Alyssa's Secret" series on YouTube is constantly hilarious.

For once I don't think there are any queens in there that I'd like to see going home.

Has anyone seen the trailer for this week's episode? Whenever a queen suddenly gets a lot of airtime I can't help but think "You're in danger".

I also feel like there's no one I want to go home. I think as time goes on it'll get harder too. I thought I wouldn't be as annoyed about the eliminations as I was on season 8....ahahahaha I was wrong.

Out of who is left, I would gladly see Ginger or PhiPhi go next. Then I would be able to say that I don't want anyone else to go so it will be harder to watch.

Remember, Coco and Tatianna (and presumably whoever else goes in the next few weeks) are all getting a chance to come back, so I'm thinking the eliminated queens up to a point get to do a secret task and the winner gets to rejoin at a later stage.
    If Alaska's ex's T is to be believed, it's Tatianna who comes back

pad e wrote: »
    Out of who is left, I would gladly see Ginger or PhiPhi go next. Then I would be able to say that I don't want anyone else to go so it will be harder to watch.

Remember, Coco and Tatianna (and presumably whoever else goes in the next few weeks) are all getting a chance to come back, so I'm thinking the eliminated queens up to a point get to do a secret task and the winner gets to rejoin at a later stage.
    If Alaska's ex's T is to be believed, it's Tatianna who comes back
    Someone else said it's Alyssa that comes back. The rumour going round is that this challenge was filmed when Alyssa was away practising and performing at the VMAs. She was given the time off for it. Unsubstantiated of course but an interesting point. The T from Alaska's ex has only been about 50% true so far.

Also some stuff on episode 5....
    It's a comedy challenge and the audience are "judgemental drag queens". Could this be the ex queens and how the revenge starts to come about?

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the trailer for this week's episode? Whenever a queen suddenly gets a lot of airtime I can't help but think "You're in danger".

I also feel like there's no one I want to go home. I think as time goes on it'll get harder too. I thought I wouldn't be as annoyed about the eliminations as I was on season 8....ahahahaha I was wrong.

Have you seen it Reiketsu? I looked on the Logo website but I didn't spot it?

Advertisement