Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Ive got a migrane thats slowly splitting me in half.... :puke:

Actually that reminds me. People confusing headaches with migraines is a trivial annoyance to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Not really my problem, but a trivial annoyance ....

My OH has appointment to see the "downstairs" doctor, so that morning, extra long shower, a bit of a tidy up "below", nice fresh undies and off to the doc. All that effort, and what does the doc do? PUTS ON A PAIR OF RUBBER GLOVES!!!

The nerve of some people.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

i get like this when im at a pedestrian crossing and there's a car coming. i'll actually stop 2-3 metres from the end of the path so they'll drive past and then I'll nip across. hate having them stop and wave me across, smug magnanimous bastards.

Or you stop and they wave you across but at the same time you're waving them on and then you both attempt to go at the same time and continue doing that dance twice more and look like eejits :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Or you stop and they wave you across but at the same time you're waving them on and then you both attempt to go at the same time and continue doing that dance twice more and look like eejits :P

exactly the nightmare I try to avoid.

My flatmate has a bad cold at the moment and instead of blowing his nose, he sniffs the snot back up every 30 seconds or so. God it is annoying. I have started passing the tissues to him and saying blow your nose ffs :D

The worst bit is I sit there all tense waiting for the next 'back-sniff'.

One of the disgusting eaters in work is now doing this. You all might see me on the news this evening if this goes on much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I HATE when people think they can skip the queue at a petrol station just because they have the exact 50e for their petrol.....you are paying for something! Queue like the rest of us!

Mothers cursing at their kids....
    People thinking kids using bad language is funny...

There, Their, They're..........

Should OF instead of Should HAVE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

When you open the DVD case and it's empty or, even worse, a different movie is in it.

:rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Clicked into the wrong damn thread, which ironically enough became the right thread, well, for this post anyway!

Now I'm off to the thread I meant to click into! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fussyonion wrote: »
    But you know what else I've noticed?
    For the magazine puzzles that are open to ROI residents, I have NEVER seen an Irish person winning anything.
    I've been buying the English magazines for 14 years and I regularly skim the Winners section and I can tell you, I've never seen one Irish winner.

I reckon if they pull a ROI resident out of the hat, they pick an English winner instead cos it's less hassle.
    I won 50 pounds in Take a Break a few years ago:D Tried to enter the Chat magazine entry online the other night and it's only set up for UK residents even though the rules state it's open to Irish entrants. Wouldn't pay for a stamp though, if I can't enter online I'm not entering:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Or the other one when you are walking along the street and someone is walking towards you, you move to the left to let them past and they move to the left also. You move to the right and they move to the right, WTF is going on with that? You both grin at each other out of embarasement and go on your way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,230 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

People that just launch dishes into the dishwasher - there is a system. Always results in it having to be rearranged before you can fit everything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Not really my problem, but a trivial annoyance ....

My OH has appointment to see the "downstairs" doctor, so that morning, extra long shower, a bit of a tidy up "below", nice fresh undies and off to the doc. All that effort, and what does the doc do? PUTS ON A PAIR OF RUBBER GLOVES!!!

The nerve of some people.....................

I was so cranky and that gave me way more of a giggle than it should have, thanks :D
    One of the disgusting eaters in work is now doing this. You all might see me on the news this evening if this goes on much longer.

Could you not pop in some earphones? Eating sounds drive me insane too, even just normal ones, if I can't leave the room when someone's being a pig I usually just crack the earphones out. You have to come up with a reason you have them in though...although depending on the person sometimes I do just say "I can't be listening to you eat". My family and close friends know it just makes life easier for everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People who blame everything that ever happens on the Government.

The recent storms are a perfect example. The Gov have, like many communities, taken a bashing with a lot of folk in the media complaining that the Gov needs to do this, do that, provide defences etc.

No Gov in the world, especially not a bust country like Ireland, will ever be able to defend its land and population against the force of nature, no matter how much is spent. Look at the way the US has ground to a standstill.

One piece on TV news stood out for me, when a house was near the edge of a cliff that had eroded back rapidly over recent years. There was someone complaining that something would need to be done about it! Here's something to remember, Gov's can't stop erosion, so DON'T BUILD HOUSES NEAR THE EDGE OF LAND MASSES !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Could you not pop in some earphones? Eating sounds drive me insane too, even just normal ones, if I can't leave the room when someone's being a pig I usually just crack the earphones out. You have to come up with a reason you have them in though...although depending on the person sometimes I do just say "I can't be listening to you eat". My family and close friends know it just makes life easier for everybody

I wear them all the time in work, open plan workplace is full of stupid sounds (A light comes up on my phone when it rings so I don't miss calls). I don't work with any disgusting eaters currently, but I don't like to hear my colleagues eating apples in work. I don't even like the sounds I make when eating apples! :D

At least your family understand. My mother makes a point of standing opposite me when eating something crunchy just to watch my face. :mad:

Aglomerado wrote: »

At least your family understand. My mother makes a point of standing opposite me when eating something crunchy just to watch my face. :mad:

:eek:

I've always had a problem with certain noises and been sensitive to noise in general since I was a kid (I think there is actually some kind of neurological condition that causes it, can't be bothered looking it up though), and when you're a kid you can get away with bursting into tears or kicking people to get your point across :D so the issue doesn't really come up that much with my family any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

People who read a f*king blog on how great paleo is and then begins immediately condemning grains and all things carbs.

Med diet - well studied and proven to reduce mortality. Includes grains.

Also the advice in the nutrition forum - 'one size fits all' paleoesque diets for all! :rolleyes:

Just eat in moderation and eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit daily. Jesus! A sandwich every couple of days isn't going to kill you!

/rant

:eek:

I've always had a problem with certain noises and been sensitive to noise in general since I was a kid (I think there is actually some kind of neurological condition that causes it, can't be bothered looking it up though), and when you're a kid you can get away with bursting into tears or kicking people to get your point across :D so the issue doesn't really come up that much with my family any more.

Misophonia. Found out about it only recently through another Boards poster. I'm delighted to know I'm not alone and that it's a recognised condition!

The funny thing is, I don't mind the sound of someone slurping their tea, but smacking lips is grounds for justifiable homicide!

I was on a packed Luas yesterday and there was a couple near me eating the faces off one another. Headphones not easily to hand, so I nearly puked. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Forgot my lunch and Im starving..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jesus, take them to task!, Tell them they are noisy and disgusting fuuckers and could they please piss off and eat somewhere else cos they are making you puke!!

By the by, I hope you are not a teacher on lunchroom duty, looking after 6 year olds:D

Misophonia. Found out about it only recently through another Boards poster. I'm delighted to know I'm not alone and that it's a recognised condition!

The funny thing is, I don't mind the sound of someone slurping their tea, but smacking lips is grounds for justifiable homicide!

I was on a packed Luas yesterday and there was a couple near me eating the faces off one another. Headphones not easily to hand, so I nearly puked. :(

Uuuuugh kissing sounds is another one, blech. Even in films it gets me. At the start of Kids there's an extended and very noisy shifting scene, I nearly had to turn it off. Turned out to be the least of the reasons to turn it off but anyways.

Yeah I was so happy when I found out about that too, turns out I'm not a narky bitch, I have a thing! People can't give me crap about it if I have a thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

So there used to be just the two of us in the house. Breakfast time was simple, 3 Weetabix and some milk. As Weetabix comes in packs of 12, mathematically everything was fine. Fastforward, and we now have a baby who eats Weetabix in the morning too, but he only has one :mad:.

This means that when I get to the end of a packet, more often than not I don't have three "bix" in my bowl, and have to open a new packet!:(

On the plus side, I now have a son.:)

Tasden wrote: »
    Like another poster from the previous thread who had their clothes dirtied by a kid with grubby hands- parents who don't control their children!. Coming home from the school and a parent was letting young kids run ahead and they ran into me, I wiped my coat off and rolled my eyes and shook my head in a "control your kids" passive aggressive manner cause I'm a bitch like that, the mam goes "wait til you have kids love, you want be so precious about looking perfect then"- eh I do have a child, she's in school on time and if she wasn't she'd be holding my hand not running around while I lag behind because I'm too lazy to be a parent.

People who say "wait until you have kids".

I was so cranky and that gave me way more of a giggle than it should have, thanks :D

Hard to believe but I had earphones in and could still hear them and anyway, I could still see them churning their food like cows in a field.

I definitely have this. An extreme case!

People who say 'don't you have kids yet? Ehm I'm 41 next week and I've successfully avoided pregnancy thus far, not going to be changing my mind. Why do people just not let it go and accept that not everyone wants to have children:confused: We have 4 cats and a foster kitten, we're happy with that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

People calling their group photos "selfies", when there's more than one person in the photo, just because they took the pic at arms length.
    It's not a selfie when there's more than one person, you knobs :pac:

People who say 'don't you have kids yet? Ehm I'm 41 next week and I've successfully avoided pregnancy thus far, not going to be changing my mind. Why do people just not let it go and accept that not everyone wants to have children:confused: We have 4 cats and a foster kitten, we're happy with that:D

Nobody ever asks men :mad:

Every once in a while my ma just says "27 is the optimal age to have a child" for no reason. More and more frequently the nearer I get to 27.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah they do, although I think men find it easier to just say "nope" and end the conversation there

Every once in a while my ma just says "27 is the optimal age to have a child" for no reason. More and more frequently the nearer I get to 27.
    I think my in laws choose to believe that my husband would love kids and that I'm just some sort of cold bitch, well they're half right, he doesn't want kids either:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You know that noise styrofoam makes when you rub it together. Yeah, I hate that noise.

• Advertisement

You know that noise styrofoam makes when you rub it together. Yeah, I hate that noise.

Urrgh. That stuff drives me nuts, puts my teeth on edge. Unpacking boxes from Argos is a nightmare. (Shudders)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement