Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols Schols Schols, information and venting thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Ibid wrote: »
    Not really. A friend of mine was so sure she'd not succeeded, she was in the airport for Trinity Monday.

...had she succeeded?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

paperclip wrote: »
    Is your gut usually right in telling you how you did?

Depends. They're exams like any other really, do you normally have a rough idea of how you did in exams? Some people always wildly underestimate how they did, some will generally be spot on.
    Mind you, if you get exemptions you'll know you were at least within 10%, so I imagine even most of those convinced they didn't get them will be nervous on Trinity Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

HoboJesus wrote: »
    ...had she succeeded?

She had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

*Waiting patiently for exemptions....* Regular trips to the BESS noticeboards on the third floor are fast becoming the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*Waiting patiently for exemptions....* Regular trips to the BESS noticeboards on the third floor are fast becoming the norm

I wouldn't expect anything before Wednesday if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Dropped into the Law School - the secretary said that they were having the secret meeting tomorrow night (well not so secret now) and we might hear by the end of the week...

Hehe same for myself and some fellow science people. I stopped by the board three times today. I'd say the good of the reward makes such obsessiveness compeltely okay :p.

Haven't said it yet so good luck to everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Sign went up on the noticeboard: they're posting them up on Monday 12th April. At 9.15am. So, another week to go. I'm oscillating wildly between feeling pessimistic and optimistic. Good luck to the rest of ye, particularly those who need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Good luck everyone. But I feel like I'm one of those who really needs it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

paperclip wrote:
    Is your gut usually right in telling you how you did?

Definitely not. Our resident foundation scholar spent most of the post-Schols period last year bitching about how he wasn't going to get them. Most people who sit them are so mentally fried at this point in the year that they can't tell left from right, so don't give up hope yet - you could just be psyching yourself out. But do remember (and I mean this in the most encouraging tone possible) that they may not go your way, and that if they don't, the universe will not spontaneously implode. You'll feel really **** for a while, then you'll get back to enjoying a term where, at the barest minimum, you've already covered all the work you need to cover, and can therefore drink the days away.

On which note, good luck to you all!

• Advertisement

That's a really nice post, shay. It won't be a big deal when things don't go my way, I'll be embarrassed and kinda sad for a while, then life will go on....
    Not looking forward to having to do a second round of exams though. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

Just wanted to clarify. Does anyone ever find out if they got Schols before Trinity Monday? Wish my Dept. would get on with exemptions so I can step out of limbo. (Not that I couldn't now, it would just make it easier!)

Unofficially yes. Depends on the dept. You don't ask, you'll find out!

The pharmacy dept in their all knowing wisdom has decided not to tell us abou t exemptions until the 12th of MAY.

MAY.
    The first summer exam begins on the 19th.

I'm going to have to do all the study for the summer exams anyway.

Damn it. >:(

paperclip wrote: »
    The pharmacy dept in their all knowing wisdom has decided not to tell us abou t exemptions until the 12th of MAY.

Some departments were getting pissed off with people with exemptions skipping all the lectures in Trinity Term. This is obviously how they've decided to counteract it. Its a bit bloody stupid methinks, but not a lot anyone can do about it.

What, they were worried about 3 people skipping lectures? Out of a whole class? People who'd already proven that they worked hard at the material?

Lectures are mandatory in my course ANYWAY.

Back to the library it is then. >(

*For anyone who sat Maths and Physics Schols*

So I emailed Olivia and she told me that the results are out tomorrow. Any confirms?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Who's Olivia now?

By results you mean exemption notices right?

yes, I suppose I do.

Olivia = 2S1 lecturer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

Zoodlebop wrote: »

So I emailed Olivia and she told me that the results are out tomorrow. Any confirms?

Oh not looking foreward to that

• Advertisement

Aww, c'mon. At least we'll know where we stand! I personally can't wait.

Zoodlebop wrote: »

If you mean exemption thingys (which I assume you do but secretly hope you mean we're actually getting our marks), then yeah, lady in the Science faculty office says the same. "Friday afternoon", to be accurate. Not specific to our course but I think it's the same for all of natural science. Good luck :)

edit - erm, didn't see ApeXaviour's reply for some reason >.>

Aidan = HoboJesus ?

Yeah. I'm doubting they will post full results. Can't wait to get out of limbo though! Good luck to you too.

They won't post full results. You only get them on Trinity Monday irrespective of what course you're doing. It'll just be a list of people who are exempt from summer exams.

In the unlikely case that any science students read this before checking the notice board, the exemptions are out!

Good luck (again).

Aye indeed, or anyone looking to get exemptions/schols for that matter

Sorry to drag up a somewhat old thread but though it was better than making a whole new one.

Just wanted to say a huge good luck to anyone eligible to be hearing their name tomorrow. Take lots and lots of deep breaths, and if you don't get what you're hoping for, at least the summer's pretty much here already for you :p

Indeed, and seconded. Might see you at the provost's lunch garden party thingy...

Indeed, good luck to everyone tomorrow. I shall be in attendance anyway. Its not the nicest way to find out your results, but its certainly a memorable occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Well done to everyone who got them and commiserations to those who didn't. I think there were a few boardsies who got them just can't for the life of me remember their boards names.

Advertisement