Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pizza in the city?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Why so? I have heard only good things and was hoping to go myself soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Heaven Pizza, Ballincollig. Very very good.

It looks like they are opening up in Douglas St. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Takeaway only but you can take the pizza next door to The Bierhaus and eat it there in good company.

It would want to be a late lunch as the Bierhaus doesn't open till 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Oops! Didn't know they opened so late. Hope I didn't ruin your lunchtime, sunnyside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Novecento by miles. Authentic. Might suit some taste buds as the flavours are real. real italian salami and hams, real cheeses, everything in real.

Milanos: mass produced chain restaurant muck

Fast Als: not bad, too expensive though

Never been to petes or brick oven.

There used be a place beside prime time on washington street that shut down 4/5 years ago, small italian, loved the place but for the life of me cant remember its name. real italian food. it has been a few other restaurants since. at lunch time they used do whole pizza for 5 euro, oh my god that was amazing.

But yes, NOVECENTO wins hands down....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Never been to this Novecento place.

Seems to be getting a lot of praise. Do they take orders by phone or is it a proper restaurant where you have to go in & sit down. What size pizzas do they do & what are the prices like?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Seems to be getting a lot of praise. Do they take orders by phone or is it a proper restaurant where you have to go in & sit down. What size pizzas do they do & what are the prices like?

Thanks.

You can get take away or eat in there, it has a wine license as far as I remember. The menu is available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

pizza's from shops rated on today's feelgood supplement in the examiners

aldi's casa barelli stonebaked goats cheese spinach and roasted peppers €5 approx came out tops

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

+1 for Novecento

There really is no competition for authentic Italian pizza in Cork!

Obviously some people prefer the fat and sugar laced muck from McDominos and McFour Star, just don't ever go to Italy expecting to find those type of pizzas anywhere. What Novecento serves is an authentic Italian thin base pizza with proper Italian toppings. What you get in Novecento is exactly what I was eating in Rome a few weeks ago.

Must try Novocentos.

Douglas St? Which end of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It says on justeat.ie that they close at half ten everyday. Is that correct? Weird for a take away to close at 10:30 isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Tried the Unlce Pete's pizza on Friday night, it was excellent but I had to drive into town to collect it myself as they appear to only deliver to the northside and they are kind of expensive too without the buy one get one free vouchers or Dominos meal deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

What did you get, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

opus wrote: »
    You can get take away or eat in there, it has a wine license as far as I remember. The menu is available here.

Not really the type of place to go sit in, only draw back of the place. pizza defo makes up for it... can't wait to use it jazz weekend!

Also worthy of a recommendation is Bacco in Ballincollig. Closest thing to a real Italian restaurant in Ireland as far as I'm concerned.

Ate there recently and highly recommend it. Proper Italian.

kcb wrote: »
    Ate there recently and highly recommend it. Proper Italian.

+1. Ate there last week and had an excellent pizza, no problem with substituting toppings either which some places whinge about.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭crodeghin

I am Italian and Novecento in Douglas Street is ABSOLUTELY the best one, Casanova second one.

For me the best ORIGINAL Italian restaurant in Cork Area is Capri Bay in Youghal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Had a 4 star today (once a year thing for me) and it was f*cking ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Milanos or Ginos!!! :D

For pizza....

NOVECENTO

There is no competition. For proper Italian pizza that is.

The things you get in Ginos and the likes aren't proper pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

kcb wrote: »
    For pizza....

NOVECENTO

There is no competition. For proper Italian pizza that is.

The things you get in Ginos and the likes aren't proper pizza.

Gino's is and always has been f*cking terrible for pizza.

I've never forgiven them for putting Banana in the Death by Chocolate ice-cream too, horrible nasty mushy things.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Wow Novocento looks worth a try.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned La Tana on Barrack St.

Really nice authentic pizzas at around the same price as Novocento.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

chakotha wrote: »
    Wow Novocento looks worth a try.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned La Tana on Barrack St.

Really nice authentic pizzas at around the same price as Novocento.

Despite the fact that La Tana seems to be run by Italian as well, it's only ok compared to Novecento. My wife is Italian and she and her Italian friends in Cork prefer Novecento over all the others. The only improvement they could make is a wood-fired oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

Heavens pizzas in Ballincollig!

BEST PIZZA IN CORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭crodeghin

sorry if I go just a moment off topic..about Icecream..

the only real good artisan Ice cream I ate in Cork was in Blarney, at Il Gelato..but now is closed..I wonder why in Cork people go to eat italian food in fake italian places and the real one, the ones that don't use cheddar, that doesn't allow the customer to put parmisan on fish, have to close for good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 severely

There is a new small place on Barrack st further up from Barry's pub called La Tana, it beats everything else i've had in Cork hands down. The owner also has an arrangement with Barrys pub and the wine bar next door so you can order in your pizza and eat it there!

severely wrote: »
    There is a new small place on Barrack st further up from Barry's pub called La Tana, it beats everything else i've had in Cork hands down. The owner also has an arrangement with Barrys pub and the wine bar next door so you can order in your pizza and eat it there!

Have you had Novecento pizza?

Didn't know that, something that will have to be checked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭sporina

do they have a good delivery service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have had them deliver a few times and not had any problems.

Advertisement