Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My baby's wardrobe looks like barbie exploded in it, I went on a mad one after we found out the sex and bought a ridiculous amount of pink stuff, poor child!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm a red head so if if she takes after her mammy then I would've been a lot better going for red/green - pink isn't very 'redser friendly' :D

Swizzles I know what you mean about the fast forward button!
    Would pay for one now :D

Deemark I was the same at about 28 weeks because I was telling people how far along I was by weeks (so at 28 weeks I was telling people I was 7 months, 4 weeks x 7) so when I realised technically you're pregnant for 10 months I ended up being 7 months pregnant for 2 months :o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hacked you poor pet, you really have a lot on right now and so close to the birth. I don't think I could move house at that stage. As for the cabin fever while waiting I know this sounds a bit unusual but I took up knitting while on maternity leave. Reasoning was after the first week I had the house pretty much done and to keep going at that rate was gonna wreck me and I'm one of those people who hates to think that there is anything I couldn't do if I set my mind to it. When I was little at school I had zero patience and always got my nana to finish my knitting projects for me, rediculous things to ask 8-10 yr olds to knit like elephants and jumpers! She always delightedly obliged. My own mam (RIP) used to laugh and say that unless we learned to knit we'd all be fecked when my nana died cos Mam would rather eat the knitting needles and wool than make anything, same problem as me, no patience, but with the added disadvantage of being a citog and having right-handedness beaten into her at school. Made her a fab hairdresser but a lousy knitter. So if I didn't learn to knit my children wouldn't have anyone to help them to make their stupid elephants!So I downloaded a free pattern and bought some bamboo wool to make my own bamboo cellular baby blanket. It took 27 hours and was one of the most satisfying achievements of my life. It was good for me to stay out of work because I am self employed and was constantly tempted to go check up on work, but the knitting always won.

No moan today but a joke instead. I got this text a few minutes ago....

"Just driving my brand new Toyota Prius, chat later - can't stop."

Forwarded it to my (bottle) blonde older sister who didn't get it and congratulated me (warily) on my fab new car!!!:D Nearly wet myself laughing. Nite all.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Cap -- ahh it will go from being pregnancy brain to baby brain! Have you tried writing lists? That always helps me..providing I can remember to bring them with me and check them religiously. :rolleyes::o

Swizzles -- so glad to hear you got the okfor the apartment! That's brilliant. When do you get to move in? So lovely you found out a few months before the baby...I moved flat when I was 15 weeks, and it was exhausitng...but now that I'm moving again at 37 (more likely 38 or 39!!) weeks I wish I could rewind for a bit!

Dee -- Yep, I'm in the same boat!! Could be due anyday now, and dying to meet the little one. All I'll say is enjoy the pregnancy while it lasts. I'm sitting here with my friends lap top on my lap with my massive bump sticking out thinking "I would so love to go into labour today...but I am going to miss this infuriating little bump so much!" As a friend once said to me "Treasure the moments while they last, you'll never get them that close again"

Targetwindow -- ah no, don't pity me...I'm delighted. The flat I'm in now is a NIGHTMARE. IT's so tiny I can hadly move, and it's very damp, but warm, so the damp isn' extremely obvious at first. I'm looking forward to having some space.

I've also been a very blessed pregnant woman. When you get pregnant you find out who your real friends are, especialy when you are single. There haven't been too many people wo have ditched me, or who I have had to ditch. Everyone is so excited for me and excited abotu this baby. I've never felt more loved! I have more offers of help moving than I know what to do with...I've barely had to lift a finger :)

So even if daddy is a star word, and he hates us both and infuriates me with what a douche he is...this baby will hardly miss him for a good while. Theres a lot of love here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

hacked wrote: »

I've also been a very blessed pregnant woman. When you get pregnant you find out who your real friends are, especialy when you are single. There haven't been too many people wo have ditched me, or who I have had to ditch. Everyone is so excited for me and excited abotu this baby. I've never felt more loved! I have more offers of help moving than I know what to do with...I've barely had to lift a finger :)

That, and you make some very amazing new friends as I found out during this pregnancy!

That, and you make some very amazing new friends as I found out during this pregnancy!

I can think of two I've made in particular. :D;)

• Advertisement

No moan today but a joke instead. I got this text a few minutes ago....

"Just driving my brand new Toyota Prius, chat later - can't stop."

Forwarded it to my (bottle) blonde older sister who didn't get it and congratulated me (warily) on my fab new car!!!:D Nearly wet myself laughing. Nite all.

HILARIOUS! That is like something my own sister would say, I love her to bits but she can come out with the doziest of things sometimes :D

I did try crochet for a while earlier in the pregnancy but I'm useless at it, I've got myself a nice big book that I started on last night so that should keep me occupied for a bit :)

Hacked, fair play to you for having such a positive outlook. I'd say for many other people it would (understandably) be easy to let circumstances get you down but you're so positive about things. Here's hoping you'll be rewarded -with an easy going non-colicy baby that sleeps 10 hours a night :D

I've no moan for today, finally got me some pineapples! I gave up on the tonic water (gave me indigestion) so I'm trying pineapples, warm baths, birthing ball & playing horsey (though not all at once ;) )
    I'm getting seriously excited about meeting baby soon, can't believe after all the months she's going to be here soon :D

RAWWWRR!!!! I'm grumpy as hell. That's my moan. I'm tired and uncomftorable and sick of having painful, pointless contractions. And I'm sick of rude people...Dunnes Stores shoppers are seriously very inconsiderate. I almost ate a few people while picking up the last few things for my hospital bag earlier!!

I got a text from someone and didn't know who it was as i got a new phone, and lost some numbers. I text back saying thanks for the well wishes, but lalalal... they sent this text back saying "oh now you text me back when you dont know who i am...why do i bother?!"
    I thought i was this needy self centred person i know and wrote back a really snippy text, only to find out it was a joke from a friend instead...not a very funny joke at the moment obviously! That put me in my place...reign in the snips!!

Cathymoran -- any news from you? Haven't heard from you in ages, and you were on my mind today love. xx

I can think of two I've made in particular. :D;)

Really? I can't... (just kidding :pac:) :D

My moan is this stupid flu and me sleeping days away when I should be cleaning the house in prep for new baby!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Cathymoran -- any news from you? Haven't heard from you in ages, and you were on my mind today love. xx
    Sorry and thanks, Shane has been sick again, or rather we were lucky that he got checked, he had an extreme drug reaction to one of the things that he takes for his crohns, he is in the 7% that has a reaction...he had to get bone marrow tested which is very painful...worried about him.

Getting a bit tired of being pregnant but know that he is still safer in here, still besoted with our son though.

3 years since my surgery last tuesday and 25 years a diabetic tomorrow so an odd week of emotions...

This week was the first week that I felt really hormonal, but that could have been the week that is in it...baby clothes have been making me cry...

Sorry that I am quiet, the anemia and difficulty travelling is getting to me, sorry for the rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Started laughing at a funny bit in a book I was reading today and it suddenly turned into proper crying! Then I cried earlier for Scotland when they lost their rugby match to Wales. Proper hormonal madness!

• Advertisement

Vel you poor thing! I can identify although I have been fairly stable for the last few days.

All's well in bump-land today. Very huge now though for 19.5wks. Happily though about half my customers still haven't clicked and the other half are afraid to keep on about it because I told them all after I had the last one that I had to discuss the pregnancy about 80 times a day and it made me sick of it, so this time they are careful to just smile kindly at me and generally are treating me with kid gloves, which is nice because people can be.... well.... you know. But only sometimes. Mostly they are wonderful.

I just found out a class reunion is being organized for my LC class (of 89!) this summer and I am so excited by it. I was really mousy and lanky and was bullied and kinda strange. And on an absolutely justified revenge note, the guy that bullied me mercilessly for 3 years is single, loveless, childless and has a fat ass. Did I mention that in his late 30s he still lives with Mammy and Daddy, no?! All through secondary school the other guys in my class would have nothing to do with me (not even talk to me) because of this guy. I really thought when I was a teenager that I was unloved and unlovable. That no-one would ever marry me and have my babies. I was too tall for the boys and had no boobs and was skinny and had buck teeth. And I certainly never thought I would be successfully self-employed. Now look at me! I am woman - hear me roar! I have a gem of a husband with the cutest ass! One fabulous child and another on the way. I hope I am still hugely preggers when they have this shindig.(So that I will have my GLORIOUS pregnant knockers!). I always feel like a good boogie towards the end of pregnancy. I feel like a goddess! Shake the little buggers out! Roll on Summer 2010!

Targetwindow -- oh my goodness woman, i just read out your last paragraphh to my friend and we both laughed hysterically. Go you!! I hope his ass get's fatter by the summer ;)

Thought I was going into labour last night! I was having contractions, and baby was doing somesaults in screw driver fashion. I wasn't going into labour....but baby screw drvied her way into the engaged position. SO painful!!! My bump is gone now this morning...I was HUGE and now I look like I'm like 6 months gone. Seriously hoping baby comes soon....very very uncomftorable here.

Stupid Braxton Hicks, stupid braxton hicks, stupid braxton hicks. Listen, if you're going to leave me in pain all day have the decency to become regular real contractions and not just false crappy ones that every time i start moving about go away.

I agree wholeheartedly Adrieanne... I awoke to stabbing pains Friday night/morning at 4am and was convinced I was going into labour but after an hour it went away. I was wide awake at that stage :rolleyes:

Target widow - that is brilliant, so delighted that the class bully ended up such a loser.
    The best revenge is success :D

And for my daily moan....
    If one more person asks me 'have you not had baby yet' or 'so, any sign of you going into labour yet' I will smack them. Hard. :mad:
    Baby not even due til this day next week!

cap -- people are morons.

adreianne -- i feel your pain...been like that since before christmas!!!

Well made a holy show of myself in the cinema last night. Very painful contractions. Alas no baby. I know I should be preparing myself for a few weeks just in case, but she seems ready to go so it's quite hard!

Have my next hospital appointment tomorrow, so will be demanding and asking loads of questions!! I want to be tested for strep B. Also, according to my old dates I am 37 weeks, and the books say that at 37 weeks they should give you a pelvic exam...so i swear if they just check ump size and bloo pressure i will nail them to the walls. There will be a hand up my lady garden tomorrow!!!! (That sounds very wrong... )

Literally no sleep last night... was getting contractions all night from 11pm, started to get regular at around 3am but no broken waters or anything and could still walk through them. Left it, haven't had a contraction since 5am! Couldn't get comfortable in the bed at all after that and then my bright button nosed daughter awoke at 6am!

Dave got up at 9am and let me go back to bed to get some well needed sleep!

Baby, get out of my belly!!!

... the books say that at 37 weeks they should give you a pelvic exam...
    :eek:

I thought this too but I went for my 39+1 check up today and they just did the usual scan, blood pressure + blood test.
    I was surprised they didn't to one, but as I have another check-up this day next week I didn't think to query it. I'll definitely be looking for one next week + a sweep while they're at it!

Adrieanne I know the feeling. I asked the doctor today would they let me go over by much if it is the case 'ah only about 10 days' :rolleyes:
    On the upside I know that babs will be out of there March 3rd at the latest, though hoping she'll be nice and get out of there before then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

God I wish I was that far gone. I'm 25 weeks now and May doesn't seem to be getting any closer! Although, I've been hiding my pregnancy all along wearing big jumpers and coats to cover the bump but today 2 people asked when I was due.

Moan of the day for me would be that I have nothing to moan about! I've been so used to my daily rants about this and that but the OH gave me such a lovely weekend of being spoilt that I actually went to work with a smile on my face this morning! And when I came home today - had made me a big pile of Pancakes! Woohoo! He just gets me! :D:D

:eek:

I thought this too but I went for my 39+1 check up today and they just did the usual scan, blood pressure + blood test.
    I was surprised they didn't to one, but as I have another check-up this day next week I didn't think to query it. I'll definitely be looking for one next week + a sweep while they're at it!

Adrieanne I know the feeling. I asked the doctor today would they let me go over by much if it is the case 'ah only about 10 days' :rolleyes:
    On the upside I know that babs will be out of there March 3rd at the latest, though hoping she'll be nice and get out of there before then :D

The hosptials are a joke...as is their care. So many woman don't actually know what the proper care they should be getting is...so they get away with it. The people that do speak up are met with the infuriating line of "We're really busy right now..."

Well, as far as i'm conncerned they are busy with their job...i am their job....and i will be getting the treatment i should be getting!! lol Can you tell im cranky?

mmmm pancakessss

• Advertisement

Aaaaah! The wonderous feast of St Pancake. One of the few Christian festivals I celebrate with gusto.:D

No moan from me today either. Molly found a box of chocolates and took one bite out of each type before deciding they were "yeukky" (not a big fan of chocolates if they aren't in button or easter egg forms). Daddy let a very slight fart off as he bent over to retrieve her fork at dinner to which she reprimanded him "say 'scuse me, Daddy!" I never before heard her use that phrase!

Those of ye with two babbies and no family nearby, how did ye manage the going into labour/childminding dilemma?

I finalised my accounts for 09 today so that I can do my tax returns online tonight and get my tax clearance cert so that I can apply for my Maternity Benefit. Goodness I rock today!:D

ARGGHHH

Just read that the visiting restrictions in the Rotunda have been lifted from today but not at the Coombe or Holles St yet... come on!!! I want people to be able to visit me in the hospital!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AGrownUpTheySay

Can I join in? I am 14 weeks gone with my second so early days yet!
    My nausea had gone...but came back today for some reason so that's my moan for the day!

Adrieanne - with my first (now nearly 2), I was up all night on the Wednesday with contractions and then, on the Friday, I went into labour so I hope you have a similar pattern!

Welcome GrownUp! I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow myself and I can really sympathise with the nausea that comes and goes. I had it for almost 16 weeks and just when I had had a day or two and got to thinking hurray it's gone, it would return with a vengence. But it's deffo gone now! And Adrienne I had a false labour close to when Molly was born too, on the Saturday, all day and then it didn't progress and just petered out on Sat night and on Monday I went into proper labour and it felt just the same only it progressed. Good luck and I will cross my fingers toes and eyes for you (but not my legs, too late for that now!):D

(but not my legs, too late for that now!):D

It's too late for all of us on this forum :p !!!

welcome AGUTS! (lol that shortening is funny...im going to call you aguts from now on)
    There's nothing worse! I had mine return for a bit too.

I had the most awesome of things happen today. The last week and a half I feel my stomach gurgling really far down my belly...liek just above the pubic bone. Today I got to see my baby on ultrasound. She blows raspberries!! The doctor was very excited when she saw this on the screen. They are so strong sometimes that not only can I feel them, but i can hear them. It's hysterical! :D

Welcome AGUTS, haha aguts :)

Was at hospital this morning and had a lovely (not) internal. I'm unfavourable :( back next week and consultant says that if I'm still unfavourable then they'll be booking a c section for me!

I had the most awesome of things happen today. The last week and a half I feel my stomach gurgling really far down my belly...liek just above the pubic bone. Today I got to see my baby on ultrasound. She blows raspberries!! The doctor was very excited when she saw this on the screen. They are so strong sometimes that not only can I feel them, but i can hear them. It's hysterical! :D

That is amazing :eek: there was me thinking my baby was great for having hiccups :D

That is amazing :eek: there was me thinking my baby was great for having hiccups :D

I know it's crazy!! I didn't even know it was possible. Everytime she does one (not all THAT often) I can't help but be in an amazing mood :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I have one word for you ladies: piles:eek:

Nobody warned me about this! And they made an appearance on my week off. OH has been blessed by my fairly stable hormones so far, but this week he is living with an old woman, who makes a lot of strange noises and is often on the verge of tears.... bleugh.....

Advertisement