Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Hairdryer 4.20 Goodwood
    Erik The Red 4.45 Thirsk
    Shaka Zulu 7.30 Lingfield

Good word for all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Have heard all week in Galway "first figaro" is the banker of the week

Also have been told to back legatissimo in the 3:10 at Goodwood

Doing the double my self

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

hoopyhoopy wrote: »

Doing the double my self

Fair play! Easy double lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

hoopyhoopy wrote: »

Doing the double my self

Iwas on Figaro and I have been touting Legatissimo for months,2 singles for me -got a few quid.

Sean Corby rides 3 at Ayr for Keatly,Lady Ranger 6 40 and Michael's Missile 7 10
    both are very well fancied the 3 rd one is trying a new trip so can't be sure whether it gets it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Listen dear 2.35 Downpatrick tomorrow. Horse is evens favourite but will be justified as word from yard is horse in great shape loves good ground and connections fully expect a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Listen dear 2.35 Downpatrick tomorrow. Horse is evens favourite but will be justified as word from yard is horse in great shape loves good ground and connections fully expect a win.
    Forgot to mention Paul Townend is the pilot and this is his first ride tomorrow in what should be a top day for him as I note he has great rides in nearly every rac

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Need to get up earlier, into 1/2 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im told Order of St George wont be beat tomorrow.

Source from the Bolger yard that i get the odd bit of info from.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Won well, **** price. Hopefully someone had it in a double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Slattsy wrote: »
    Won well, **** price. Hopefully someone had it in a double

It was a grand price when you posted thanks. Got on at 2.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Was told to look out for an O'brien horse called Holbart stepping up in distance a few weeks ago, cant say the person who told me is somebody who might be connected in any way to the stable or owners but he was confident and the information was quite specific about the plans for the horse.

Had forgotten about it until yesterday when ATR showed footage of him and a few other O'Brien's horses doing some racecourse work. He is entered in the last race at Bellewstown on Wednesday night. I have no clue of what price to expect but the race does look pretty decent.

I may not even bet on the horse at all but the info might be of use to somebody here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Was told to look out for an O'brien horse called Holbart stepping up in distance a few weeks ago, cant say the person who told me is somebody who might be connected in any way to the stable or owners but he was confident and the information was quite specific about the plans for the horse.

Had forgotten about it until yesterday when ATR showed footage of him and a few other O'Brien's horses doing some racecourse work. He is entered in the last race at Bellewstown on Wednesday night. I have no clue of what price to expect but the race does look pretty decent.

I may not even bet on the horse at all but the info might be of use to somebody here.

Not seeing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

dodzy wrote: »
    Not seeing it ?

Horse is called Hobart , not Holbart

It's entered in the st ledger 12the Sept , but nothing this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Was pulled out before last declarations yesterday. I got the impression from the ATR footage that soft ground might suit, though has ran below form on soft before, so who knows. I see that hes still in the UK Leger which is a stretch for sure. Ill keep an eye out in Irish 12f+ races over the next few weeks.

Casimir road is one I tipped a few times in the past runs in the 5 30 Galway.
    The trainer says he expects the horse to run well but is reluctant to advise anyone to go in too heavy as the horse has been a bit disappointing in the past.
    He has dropped a few pounds in the weights and with a 5lb claimer on board could run well.
    His best form would make him a good ew bet @16s and as PP paying 4 places (12 runners) and I will not be too shocked should this fellow win a few euro ew is advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Casimir road is one I tipped a few times in the past runs in the 5 30 Galway.
    The trainer says he expects the horse to run well but is reluctant to advise anyone to go in too heavy as the horse has been a bit disappointing in the past.
    He has dropped a few pounds in the weights and with a 5lb claimer on board could run well.
    His best form would make him a good ew bet @16s and as PP paying 4 places (12 runners) and I will not be too shocked should this fellow win a few euro ew is advised.

PP only paid 3 ! Ah well.. Nearly !

PP only paid 3 ! Ah well.. Nearly !

Spoke to two of my friends tonight who were paid out on Casimir Road in Paddy Power shops,i am hoping to be paid 1/4 odds on the 20/1 shot in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Spoke to two of my friends tonight who were paid out on Casimir Road in Paddy Power shops,i am hoping to be paid 1/4 odds on the 20/1 shot in the morning.

They paid 4 places. Nice one Zimmer.....

Nearly forgot,but as posted already here PP did pay 4 places.

Initially there were 15 runners but PPs 4 places offer applies no matter how many non-runners there are.
    There is some real value as in the case of Casimir Road- a fancied horse at a big price (20/1) if one can get 4 places ew in a 12 horse race.
    Casimir should have been 3rd at least as he was tightened up on the run in but PP paying me out made me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

They didn't pay out online unfortunately... Nice tip all the same!!

Empresario 5 05 Listowel Sun is well fancied 8s in pp less elsewhere

I posted this a couple of weeks ago.Legatissimo ran on all too late and shaped like a horse that needed further.
    I did not get word today but I backed it ew as I know it is highly regarded in the yard.Weld has a very short priced fav in the race but I am hopeful that the step up in trip will suit Legatissimo in the 4 oc.

A long range tip worth remembering.
    I was told about this filly early in the year before her first run and she should be unbeaten except for a little bad luck.
    The ground stopped me from getting stuck in yesterday but did well on the race with a little on Legatissimo and backed the 2 nd ew at 16s.

I can report that the filly is going to run at the breeders cup.She is probably the best filly in Europe up to 1 and 1/4 miles on good or faster ground so conditions should suit in the US.
    She will now be prepared for the states so I suggest we start saving now because she has incredible acceleration
    and is just the type for the breeders cup.

knockmaole boy,very strong bet today 7 to 4 now take it will go off very short,connections very confident runs 2 05 listowel.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

knockmaole boy,very strong bet today 7 to 4 now take it will go off very short,connections very confident runs 2 05 listowel.

Did you back it each way? Sp was 15/8

magicmoves wrote: »
    Did you back it each way? Sp was 15/8
    No but had a good bet win only,took the shine off what would have been a very good day and I thought Joseph OBrien would have kept up with the pace on one that stays further.
    The trouble with tips is we tend to have more on than we do when we think one has a good chance on form alone,won a good few quid on the day and I suppose I should be happy enough.

Just received word that last week's very easy winner Good Luck Charm is expected to defy top weight in the 5 30 Leicester,source very reliable from the yard.

Casimir Road is doing his best again today,if he runs as well as last time should have big chance and is well fancied.

Worlds his Oyster is fancied in a difficult handicap at Kempton,draw not helping either but the horse is trying 100% and connections think he can win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Word was flying around work here yesterday for She's No Bimbo at Kempton 9.15 tonight. Don't know the source of the tip so wouldn't advise having a whole pile on it! The money does seem to be down alright though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement