Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macro friendly, quick, tasty meals?

• 25-10-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has any recipes that are quick to make but tasty and more importantly macro friendly. Back at the gym and are looking for meals that I can actually enjoy. I've tried the rice chicken and broccoli etc and haven't been able to sustain it. so far, burritos are my saving grace. Mince, chilli sauce, peppers, onions, wholemeal wrap and low fat mozarella, mixed beans. Eat them about 5 times a week.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's 'macro friendly'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Macro friendly sounds like one of those buzzwords a PT/nutritionist would use to peddle their wares.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has any recipes that are quick to make but tasty and more importantly macro friendly. Back at the gym and are looking for meals that I can actually enjoy. I've tried the rice chicken and broccoli etc and haven't been able to sustain it. so far, burritos are my saving grace. Mince, chilli sauce, peppers, onions, wholemeal wrap and low fat mozarella, mixed beans. Eat them about 5 times a week.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks for your time!
    Instead of chicken have turkey/lean beef/cod/tuna/prawns any meat or fish (lean cuts, things like Salmon will be higher in fat)
    Instead of rice have quinoa, pasta, potatoes/sweet potatoes, a wrap, oats, bulgur wheat... any carb
    Instead of broccoli have any other vegetable or mix of vegetables.

just keep varying it! I'll chuck a tin of tomatoes in with lean mince and one week it'll be chili con carne, the other it'll be spaghetti bolognese. Some days it'll be hard boiled eggs, some day it'll be an omelette.
    You can't live off burritos forever and look at them as a 'saving grace', learn how to experiment with vegetables and meats and cook them properly and enjoy food. Spices and seasonings would be my saving grace, plus a huuuuuge variety of vegetables and cooking methods (soups, stir fries, roast vegetables, ratatouille, sometimes plain auld boiled).
    Look up things like Lean in 15 on instagram, The Little Green Spoon, The Healthy Spoon, The Beltsander etc. if you want some ideas for simple meals. You can also look up vegetarian ideas for cool ways to combine veg and then just throw in some meat. Don't know what your macros or are what your goal is but just learn how to cook and experiment and track calories and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

By macro friendly - high in protein, low in sugar. Thanks for the detailed reply. Will look into those pages. Yea I suppose I do need to just experiment a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Star_Nupa

By macro friendly - high in protein, low in sugar. Thanks for the detailed reply. Will look into those pages. Yea I suppose I do need to just experiment a bit.

Then just say that. Macro friendly could be anything -could be high-carb , could be high fat depending on your goals/diet. :)

Throw in some sauces too and/or seasoning on your chicken - cajun spices, soy sauce, chillies that kind of thing. Makes it less bland.

I like baked cod and sweet potato fries as a healthy fish and chips alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What about carbs and fat?

Nobody can really give worthwhile macro friendly meals based on protein/sugar only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Ok I realise I should have been a bit more specific, apologies.
    Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely take them on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I think the OP is just looking for some meal ideas that are high in protein and fit in with his diet...

Here's a few examples based on what I eat that have high protein mix of carbs and fat to meet the balance and can mix and match weekto week...

Beef stronanoff with lean beef , onion , peppers and pasta/potatoes,rice

Chick or lean steak fajitas

Homemade stew with lean mince and beef

Fresh cod fillet, veg and potatoes

Homemade lean steak burger and sweet potatoe, veg

Chicken/turkey tagatelli

Pork chops, beans and home made chips

Breakfast roll (Saturday morning treat if you need it) bread roll fresh, gluten and fat free sauasages, bacon , fried egg

Just a few examples and I mix answers match all my meals, change sauces , meats get inventive and just make sure you have to base of each macro in most meals And you'll got your goals your allowed eat enjoyable on a bulk, lean bulk or cut it just takes a bit of trial and error finding what meals are fitting your plans and tasty, once you nail that everything gets easier...bar the weights !

Advertisement