Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think the Mods on Boards are too harsh?

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I <3 all you mods. Really. . you all rawk.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chewie wrote: »
    I <3 all you mods. Really. . you all rawk.
    You were always my favourite star wars character.

You were always my favourite star wars character.
    Ya that cuz i da cooooolest, man!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You're talking a bit too much like that twat jar jar for my liking.

You're talking a bit too much like that twat jar jar for my liking.
    Oh noes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They're all arseholes.

What's a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Not harsh with rules but very harsh when it comes to things like locking threads because "they have gone off topic"
    WTF let me talk about what they want to talk about

Also nearly everything that is being discussed right now has been discussed numerous times before, so locking a thread because it was discussed before is stupid and is usally done because the mod disagrees with what is being said in the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sean_K wrote: »
    my 30 day siteban for a link to meatspin was way harsh. i still stand by my assertions that it is a legend of the internet

God damnit!!

Not google searching that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

anyone who has ever been banned is going to say yes.

lol yeah, It's like if you got banned you're gonna hate that mod. get banned a few times you'll prolly hate them all! I have no issue with any. they all seem pretty cool to me imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

And anyone who has had no problems is going to say no... its a 2 way street!

I got banned from Television for something I didnt do but I dont hate the Mod.

At the end of the day, its a tough job and they are human like the rest of us....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Depends on the forum...I find some of the whole forum charter stuff rather silly to be honest. Sometimes gets to me seeing a mod 'issue a warning' to people in some thread because it goes against the forum charter. Some really need to lighten up. I know there's heavy traffic and all going through the site but if other posters are really that bothered by other peoples posts if they're constantly going against the hallowed 'forum charter' they can report them and the mod can deal with it that way without going all Hitler on peoples asses as soon as they put one wrong word in a post.

Just my take on things, I've been a modding and admining on other sites for years and this place feels like it's run by the nuns and priests at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I got banned from Television for something I didnt do but I dont hate the Mod.

You just said above that anyone who has been banned is going to vote yes... Contradicting yourself a little i think:P
    Others might be more reasoned (like you) and if they deserved to be banned then fair enough they can vote accordingly:)

Im the exception to the rule! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Well I do think that some mods abuse their power or just over-react too often, but then again....boards is the most popular forum in Ireland...so there must be something to it that just makes it work. So I'm not going to complain.

I voted yes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

In fairness, loads of posters take the piss...

Just doesn't make sense....

boards is cool, made some freinds, some enemies... argued but most importantly i have learnt a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I've been banned from a few forums and from AH twice and I would still say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Most mods I've come across are fine.
    Although I saw red for casually calling someone "a fool" one time.
    I didn't appreciate that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Never found them a problem at all to be honest...I think they're fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I've been banned from a few forums and from AH twice and I would still say no.

I was banned from a forum while I was mod of it, and I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I love moderators on boards, especially Lemming lol,

Airsoft > Advert = Lemming

So funny watching people getting banned for not reading the rules and making sutpid posts, what more do you need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

orestes wrote: »
    dude, don't you mod Nocturnals?

orestes wrote: »

Ok I'll rephrase, some people who have been banned will say yes.....happy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

MIN2511 wrote: »
    dude, don't you mod Nocturnals?

Did until recently, stepped down about a month ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

They're too harsh in that most of the funniest posters get banned or fed up with constantly getting infractions and leave, also the best threads tend to either get deleted or locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

most mods are ok but the ones on the mopeds with all the mirrors are twats
    same goes for the rockers twats
    go on off to brighton with yas

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fire me? Fire me? Sack me? Sack me? I MADE THE BBC BOARDS.IE

Fixed ya quote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Currently banned from the Limerick forum. Thought a month was a bit harsh for linking a guy to the social welfare application. I was just sick of people asking do you know of any jobs going. I admit times are tough, but do your own fecking research instead of asking others to do the work for you.

Also, that was like the 5th thread in the space of a week.

So, to answer the question, yes I think they are too harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nevr shouted at me before

yet

Advertisement