Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basing your whole life around your Boy/Girlfriend

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 peckamsprings

No you are not a cold hearted bastard. In order for a relationship to have any chance of working, you need to do your own thing. If you spend all your time together, it won't work. I lived with a guy for 7 years and he was my whole world. By the time we broke up, i had only a few friends left. I had worshipped the ground he walked on, to the detrement of most of my friendships, including my parents , and other than my children, i had nothing to show for it. Not saying we didn't have good times, but a 50/50 basis is so much better. you are not wrong so don't back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Blisterman wrote: »
    What do you people think? Is there anything wrong with spending all your time with someone? Do you do it? Would you expect a potential boy/girlfriend to do it? Am I just a cold hearted bastard?

It would drive me mad. Ive been in love and I can tell you that spending time with the person 24/7 can make you mad....because you need time apart, its essential for a relationship....ive met people who do everything together, take the boyfriend to their girlfriends house party....bring him into work and let him hang out....invite him out on work nights

truly truly not something you want to do

not saying dont love the girl, just dont spend your time with her so much that the relationship drives you nuts, because thats crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Living with OH for 3 years and love her to pieces. Thank god she has no problem with me going out with my friends anytime I want (and vice versa). Everybody needs their space be it on their own or away from their OH. That said all my buddies are now married with kids and if we do get together all they talk about is kids and mortgages :mad: One of my best friends moved about 20 miles away and I see him once a year. Tis only 20 miles ffs.

I had given up smoking but left the table to go for a smoke because they were wrecking my head. It wasn't any better when I got back :(

That said I wouldn't trade them cos when they leave all that behind we have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kiera wrote: »
    They're called weirdos.

What a particurly disgusting charming remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O this thread is brilliant, just what someone i know needs to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

445279.ie wrote: »
    You sound like a very mature, well adjusted young lady ;)

Good on ya :D

reported for being genuinely sound on AH

/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

There was a TV show a few years ago called My So Called Life......go and watch it. It is the most realistic thing I ever saw.It'll make you feel better.

If this doesn't work watch the original DeGrassi.........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

445279.ie wrote: »
    You sound like a very mature, well adjusted young lady ;)

Good on ya :D
    Kirnsy wrote: »
    reported for being genuinely sound on AH

/ :D

Banned.
    Somebody give me a cigarette now goddamnit..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If you spend all your time with your other half, what the hell do you talk about??

Boring as hell imo..

Him: Have you washed my shirt?
    Her: Yeah,
    Him: Well ,where is it?
    Her: In the wardrobe,with the rest of your clothes.
    Him : Oh,right.I didn't look there.

Him: Can't find the match of this sock.
    Her: Wear a different pair.
    Him: Oh,yeah.

Him : Can't find the car keys.
    Her :Where did you have them last?
    Him : If I knew that , I'd know where to find them ,ffs!
    Her : Is that them on the table, beside you.
    Him : Oh, right , why didn't you just say that then,fs.

Him : What's for dinner,tonight?
    Her : What would you like ?
    Him : I don't know, thats why I'm asking ," What's for dinner ".

/ just a sample ,loopy.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Him: Have you washed my shirt?
    Her: Yeah,
    Him: Well ,where is it?
    Her: In the wardrobe,with the rest of your clothes.
    Him : Oh,right.I didn't look there.

Him: Can't find the match of this sock.
    Her: Wear a different pair.
    Him: Oh,yeah.

Him : Can't find the car keys.
    Her :Where did you have them last?
    Him : If I knew that , I'd know where to find them ,ffs!
    Her : Is that them on the table, beside you.
    Him : Oh, right , why didn't you just say that then,fs.

Him : What's for dinner,tonight?
    Her : What would you like ?
    Him : I don't know, thats why I'm asking ," What's for dinner ".

/ just a sample ,loopy.:pac:

With shameless honesty I tell you that my house is the total opposite.

Wouldnt have it any other way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Abigayle wrote: »
    With shameless honesty I tell you that my house is the total opposite.

Wouldnt have it any other way. :)

So is mine, now.;)
    That was just an example of 24/7, and having no other friends or hobbies in your life,
    it becomes tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I was going out with someone for a while and we did spend far too much time on each other. When it ended twas tough for both of us.

However, I've a mate I haven't seen in 6 months, so I realised I wasn't that bad. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yeah, I've seen it happen, it's really annoying, mostly women as well, I have to say. Even if they're not spending time with the OH, they're constantly talking about him and you can't make any plans with them without them first consulting the fella. :rolleyes: Gets tiresome. I'm sure I was guilty of it in the early stages of my relationships. Right now, I do see my bf a good bit but we also do our own thing and go out separately. You'd go mad otherwise, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd normally get all worked up about this subject having seen friends basically disappear into relationships. But really it's just because I'm pissed off that I'm not in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I'd normally get all worked up about this subject having seen friends basically disappear into relationships. But really it's just because I'm pissed off that I'm not in the same situation

Yeah! What about us? :(

Nah, what I find most annoying is when they bring them out on a lads night out. Or worse again, when there's just me, I become the third wheel. :mad:

Advertisement