Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two TDs arrested at Shannon Airport

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I hope the EU fine is ten times whatever the US is paying for us to turn a blind eye to their torture and war flights. Only pity is the state, not the politicians responsible, will carry the can for this shame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think I'm getting my point across and I don't think others will adjust their view so I won't bother posting in this thread anymore, but I will say that my personal belief is that individuals have a right to appeal anything through proper channels, this stunt by 2 elected officials is nothing but a stunt for their own interests

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think I'm getting my point across and I don't think others will adjust their view so I won't bother posting in this thread anymore, but I will say that my personal belief is that individuals have a right to appeal anything through proper channels, this stunt by 2 elected officials is nothing but a stunt for their own interests

Well, the point is that an individual can post a polite letter through the proper channels, get a PFO and that is the end of the matter.
    Agree or disagree with what Daly and Wallace have done, but at least the country is talking about it and sometimes a big, public spotlight will change attitudes of the authorities more than a single letter.
    Of course people should use the proper channels, but one suspects that the proper channel a lot of the time leads straight to the waste paper bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It's not that you aren't getting your point across, we get it, we all just completely disagree with you.

And per the 'stunt' as you call it, many of us would fully support what happened, as we did when supporting the Pitstop Ploughshares. You think it was for 'their' interests because it doesn't line up with your views, which is a very shallow view to hold.

But you have made your point abundantly clear here, you don't mind our country being complicit in acts of torture or war crimes as long as you don't have to hear about it and some of the locals make a few bob off the whole ordeal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

this stunt by 2 elected officials is nothing but a stunt
    Well if it's a stunt then it must be a stunt I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

CptSternn wrote: »
    It's not that you aren't getting your point across, we get it, we all just completely disagree with you.

And per the 'stunt' as you call it, many of us would fully support what happened, as we did when supporting the Pitstop Ploughshares. You think it was for 'their' interests because it doesn't line up with your views, which is a very shallow view to hold.

But you have made your point abundantly clear here, you don't mind our country being complicit in acts of torture or war crimes as long as you don't have to hear about it and some of the locals make a few bob off the whole ordeal.

Mod: Folks, you are welcome to argue both sides but please remember to attack the post, not the poster.

Advertisement