Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble with online multiplayer in BF4.

Options
  • 09-07-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

tl;dr version: None of the servers will load, so I get an infinite loading screen music and all.

Before I get into my problem I'll just say I'm familiar with port forwarding and have a more than powerful pc (built my own thanks to the lads over at PC building and upgrading, specs here).

So I managed to play 1 multiplayer match after completing the campaign. I didn't experience any issues (since I have all the ports open I guess) despite being on a 7mb connection (realistically about 5mb up .3mb down...I live in the country side).

I've not been able to play a single multiplayer game since on BF4. I open the game, pick a server (they all result in the same issue regardless of location) and the game loads..........but it never finishes. The music plays and I sit there watching the loading screen, I left it for half an hour at one point while having dinner just to see...nothing.

Battlefield 3 works fine (again with all ports open, they're all the same ports).

Does anyone have a solution or is this a common problem? Could this be down to using mantle, I'm not even sure how to stop using mantle since I can't get into a game to adjust the settings (unless I can do so in the config file if one exists?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Right-click on game in origin and select repair. right click and select game details, scroll down to expansions and right-click on each of those and repair also

Download pbsetup from evenbalance and run it, select BF4 as the game you want to update punkbuster for.

update graphics drivers (obvious I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Have you tried to disable your onboard graphics in bios?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Right-click on game in origin and select repair. right click and select game details, scroll down to expansions and right-click on each of those and repair also

Download pbsetup from evenbalance and run it, select BF4 as the game you want to update punkbuster for.

update graphics drivers (obvious I know)

Thanks, I'll do that now. Hopefully it will work says I.
    The Red wrote: »
    Have you tried to disable your onboard graphics in bios?

I'm using a Radeon 2gb 7850 card, as far as I know the on board (if any) doesn't exist. Yeah, the ASROCK 970DE3/U3S3 has no on board graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Well, Jumbobreakfast that worked perfectly after the punkbuster update. No idea why it didn't just update itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Well, Jumbobreakfast that worked perfectly after the punkbuster update. No idea why it didn't just update itself.

Great, glad it worked. PB does that sometimes

• Advertisement
Advertisement