Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc build advice (Mk 2)

Options
  • 24-05-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Original post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056897358

Hi all, I'm just about to purchase. Noted someone saying that the market has changed and I also notice that a few of the items on the build first suggested are no longer sold so I said I'd start a new post rather than drag up the old one above.

I would like to go AMD for processor if possible. And I would like the option of HDMI output on the graphics card, but not a HD monitor.bably

I should also say I will probably upgrade in the future so a little futureproofing wouldn't go amiss.

1. What is your budget? €600+ Staying as close as possible to the €600.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, FPS shooters eg: black ops 2, Minecraft (FTB), And let's just throw in Skrim as a possibilty too. Also software design, games design.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Hard Drive.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, VGA connection is fine. Cheap and cheerful.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 19"+. I plan to use the HDMI connection on the card to hook up to my HDTV as needed.

6. Do you need any peripherals?No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.

8. How can you pay? Any method.

9. When are you purchasing? Next week or two.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Don't need help with the build.

Big thanks in advance for any build suggestions, advice.

Comments

Advertisement