Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Basically i rang the accommodation office today and the chances of me actually getting into accommodation is slim to none. Is anyone else living in off campus accom.? if so where is best to rent?

snazzy wrote: »
    I found out today officially via letter.

For check in they say that you need official proof of ID.
    My passport ran out this summer and I haven't gotten around to renewing it and obviously won't before Sunday.
    Would my expired passport backed up by my Garda ID suffice?

yes of course any form of ID will do. Are you living in plassey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Without sounding lazy ;) does anyone know if theres shuttle buses from plassey to the college?

JimmyMoose wrote: »
    Without sounding lazy ;) does anyone know if theres shuttle buses from plassey to the college?

haha have you seen plassey? its literally beside the college buildings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

tazbars wrote: »
    haha have you seen plassey? its literally beside the college buildings!

ah brill thats grand, more time to sleep, the better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Plassey's right by the college entrance and flagpoles. You'll still have a nice 5 or 10 minute walk to school each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 reindeerarmy

anyone else who heard they were stayin in thomond last wednesday in a 6 bed.....just wonderin in the off chance that we could be in the same place

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Thomond or Brookfield! Where should I live?:eek::confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Well having lived in Thomond last year (for 1st year) I can say it was a great place to live. I was housed with 3 others and it was brilliant craic. The rooms are very nice and the double beds are exactly what you need after a good night out :D

Thomond is closer to the main buildings which is a big plus if you factor in the lovely weather conditions in Limerick. It is however a good bit away from shopping centres so if you don't have a car or know someone with one then you could find carrying things a bit of a pain!

I can't really say anything about Brookfield as I never lived there, but I would certainly recommend Thomond as a great place to meet people and stay. I really enjoyed my time staying there.
    If you've any other questions about the place I'll glady answer as best I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Id recommend Thomond over Brookfield for 1st Years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Patch09'

Thanks a mill for replying, think I'll go with Thomond so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Yay, I got Kilmurray!

God, 68 conditions/rules! It's all very formal.

Backstards charge ten euro if you lose/break the dustpan and brush! €40 for a new desk lamp!

I love the bit:
    No house parties. Any more than 8 people in your communal area will be deemed a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Does any one have any idea how strict they are about the whole blu-tacking things to your wall rule?
    Or putting up one or two ceiling hooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

snazzy wrote: »
    Does any one have any idea how strict they are about the whole blu-tacking things to your wall rule?
    Or putting up one or two ceiling hooks?
    You will have a damage deduction from your deposit at the end of the year for these. You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

how fast is the broadband in plassey anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

ninty9er wrote: »
    You will have a damage deduction from your deposit at the end of the year for these. You have been warned.

Thanks

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

anyone else who heard they were stayin in thomond last wednesday in a 6 bed.....just wonderin in the off chance that we could be in the same place

I was told last week I got a place in Thomond, but havent received anything in post yet.

Do you know if we can pay the day we check-in with Credit Card or must it be paid in advance by Bank giro?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

mid wrote: »
    I was told last week I got a place in Thomond, but havent received anything in post yet.

Do you know if we can pay the day we check-in with Credit Card or must it be paid in advance by Bank giro?
    i was told u pay when u check-in but must have id too to confirm that its you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

You can only pay by cheque or Bankers draft for accommodation. No bank giro's or credit cards.

The registration fee has to be paid by bank giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

many first years stayin in dromroe this year? i got my confirmation letter yesterday, does anyone know what it's like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

im a first year and moving into a house in elm park with 5 other first years .. 50 a week it aint bad and on d oder side of d road to UL :D .. go into the acommodation office and they will give you a list of houses you can rent from .. theres loads left id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

There is a reason elm park is referred to as Cardboard City. A lot of the houses are pretty shabby and freezing in the winter.

College court would be a good alternative to look into. If you have a lot of lectures in the Schuman or CSIS you'll be able to get up 5 minutes before them and still be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Milford Grange is also fairly decent and close. If you can handle a 15 minute walk in everyday the houses out in Curragh Birin are much newer and nicer. Rent isn't too bad out there either. I'd get cracking with the search pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

many first years stayin in dromroe this year? i got my confirmation letter yesterday, does anyone know what it's like?
    Dromroe is very nice. Big rooms with your own bathroom. Right next to the foundation building so you can be at lectures in 5 minutes walk. I loved the chunky firedoors into the rooms because they gave an extra bit of soundproofing for light sleepers. Only catch is its a bit of a trek to go to Lidl/Aldi/Superquinn. ProTip: Make friends with a driver. They are very handy to have for the weekly shop run. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Don wrote: »
    There is a reason elm park is referred to as Cardboard City. A lot of the houses are pretty shabby and freezing in the winter.
    Landlords have been circulated with a letter informing them of relatively cost effective ways of fixing that.

Ok.. didn't get Thomond Village in the end but Brookfield seems nice. Anyone else here going to Brookfield? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Ok.. didn't get Thomond Village in the end but Brookfield seems nice. Anyone else here going to Brookfield? :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57465502&postcount=111

Might interest you :)

Yep thanks, that was fair useful, being a total nerd I had read through the whole thread before setting off to look at them though! Knew to stay away from Troy.. Brookfield seems grand anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kateh

im getting ready to move into brookfield and i was excited about it until i read some of these comments...i dont no any1 and its my first year so i was hoping that there would be a fair bit of craic around the place but aparently is really dull there.....y???
    would the atmosphere not be based on the people who wer living there and not the actual complex????im hoping this year the people will be a bit more up for a laugh...........no????now im scared......please tell me its not that bad there!!!!!:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

• Advertisement

I've read through all the comments here and Brookfield seems great. Don't worry :) The reason why it might be dull was the fact that first years were not all together in the same block before, but now they are. It will be fine. :cool:

Advertisement