Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kateh

I've read through all the comments here and Brookfield seems great. Don't worry :) The reason why it might be dull was the fact that first years were not all together in the same block before, but now they are. It will be fine. :cool:

ahh.....ok!!!!thank god...i was kinda freakin out there 4 a min!!!! i hope its gud fun!! i hear in plassey people hang out on da green n stuff all da time so its pure easy 2 make friends so im hopin its like that!!!:D
    wot course r u doin?? i hope ders like parties n stuff.....oohh im xcited again now....u made my day!!lol!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bigmike1995

well startin in ul next week and need to find a hoousemate... pronto!! so far 3 lads in the house and we need 1 more lively! its in briarfield oaklawns in castleroy, 5 min walk from campus. anybody interested comment bak or e-mail nichaelmoonan@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

kateh wrote: »
    ahh.....ok!!!!thank god...i was kinda freakin out there 4 a min!!!! i hope its gud fun!! i hear in plassey people hang out on da green n stuff all da time so its pure easy 2 make friends so im hopin its like that!!!:D
    wot course r u doin?? i hope ders like parties n stuff.....oohh im xcited again now....u made my day!!lol!!!:P
    Please don't use text-speak. You've a full keyboard available to you and you're not six. It's specifically mentioned in the forum charter for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

It's very annoying though in fairness.

Going down tomorrow, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

I moved into a 3 bed in brookfield today, i immediately picked the room with the double bed however i just discovered that i can't lock the front door to my room.

I can lock the door which leads into my actual room but there is another door which leads into a mini hallway outside my bedroom door which has no lock at all. this basically means anyone can use my bathroom???

does anyone have any experience with this?
    I know one of my housemates from college & we decided to live together so i know she won't have any mad parties or anything.

Im just worried that my other housemate (whom i haven't met yet) may have friends over who may use my bathroom.

I just find it really weird that i could be in bed while someone comes in to use my bathroom ??? :eek:

This may not seem a big deal seeing as i only have two housemates but i lived in plassey last year & there was basically no such thing as privacy or respect for other peoples belongings, rooms, feeling etc...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

I moved into a 3 bed in brookfield today, i immediately picked the room with the double bed however i just discovered that i can't lock the front door to my room.

I can lock the door which leads into my actual room but there is another door which leads into a mini hallway outside my bedroom door which has no lock at all. this basically means anyone can use my bathroom???

does anyone have any experience with this?
    I know one of my housemates from college & we decided to live together so i know she won't have any mad parties or anything.

Im just worried that my other housemate (whom i haven't met yet) may have friends over who may use my bathroom.

I just find it really weird that i could be in bed while someone comes in to use my bathroom ??? :eek:

This may not seem a big deal seeing as i only have two housemates but i lived in plassey last year & there was basically no such thing as privacy or respect for other peoples belongings, rooms, feeling etc...:(

I have been in a few Brookfield apartments and Im nearly sure that not all the rooms have an ensuite so that your bathroom is actually a shared one hence no lock on the outside door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I have been in a few Brookfield apartments and Im nearly sure that not all the rooms have an ensuite so that your bathroom is actually a shared one hence no lock on the outside door!

All the rooms are ensuite so there is no such thing as a shared bathroom.

I seriously doubt anyone will come in and use your bathroom but if you're really worried just put a chair up against it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

i know for a fact that all the rooms are ensuite so this is my bathroom.
    Why would they put it inside my door if it was shared & why would my other housemates have ensuites if they needed a shared bathroom? makes no sense.

Ya i guess a chair will have to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Apparently theres loads of first years staying there this year. Theres a common room in Brookfield, Im sure we'll all meet up. Im doin the business course :) I didnt know anyone in Brookfield first, but then discovered my 2 friends are there. Maybe I'll see u around!

Its my first year too by the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Apparently theres loads of first years staying there this year. Theres a common room in Brookfield, Im sure we'll all meet up. Im doin the business course :) I didnt know anyone in Brookfield first, but then discovered my 2 friends are there. Maybe I'll see u around!

You should come to the ULBULBS (see sticky for more info) and you'll be able to meet all of us!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

My boyfriend is stayin in Brookfield so I'll be visiting often! Well we're always up for a laugh anyway! :p

ok cool it looks like there will be a lot of us so...whoohooo im so excited now!!my orientation is not until thursday so ill be moving down on wednesday!!!see ye all there guys....:)i was down there today and got my room..so far so good!!everyone is welcome to message me:):p
    roll on the parties:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Finally got my internet working. Didn't realise wireless wasn't an option and then found out you xan get the DSL cables from reception but one of my ports didn't work and the other was broken but I finally managed to get it!

I've a front room facing out onto the street. Brill all together. Only downside is that I can hear EVERYTHING when people go past!

snazzy wrote: »
    Finally got my internet working. Didn't realise wireless wasn't an option and then found out you xan get the DSL cables from reception but one of my ports didn't work and the other was broken but I finally managed to get it!

I've a front room facing out onto the street. Brill all together. Only downside is that I can hear EVERYTHING when people go past!

Where are you Snazzy?:)

I am in Kilmurry.
    Yourself?

Ahh Brookfield moving in tomorrow :)

Oh goodstuff!
    The place looks bang on though it is a bit of a trek!

Ahh Brookfield moving in tomorrow :)
    im moving into brookfield tomorrow too:D have you got your apartment yet? what number are you in:cool:?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Moved back to Dromroe today!!

Third Floor - Happy, my bedroom view is trees tho - that the only downside!!

Meet three housemates - they all seem spot on!! Happy out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

ok cool it looks like there will be a lot of us so...whoohooo im so excited now!!my orientation is not until thursday so ill be moving down on wednesday!!!see ye all there guys....:)i was down there today and got my room..so far so good!!everyone is welcome to message me:):p
    roll on the parties:cool:

My orientation is thursday too! :)
    Stayed in the apartment in Brookfiield last night, it was great! Walls are paper thin though

My orientation is thursday too! :)
    Stayed in the apartment in Brookfiield last night, it was great! Walls are paper thin though

was many people living there already? i cant wait now! hope my apartment is not a complete mess now after the other three people in it since sunday!!was there any parties or anything??easy to get to know people?wow...so many questions!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Living in Crois Ghruda

im moving into brookfield tomorrow too:D have you got your apartment yet? what number are you in:cool:?? :)

I asked my friend did she know a Kate in Voice and Dance/Brookfield and she does! Probably see u on Monday when I get back so :D

Brookfield people should meet up:) I dont think theres any first years living in my block. And the block opposite is older people who sometimes stand at the window and stare at you. For ages. Until you close the blind:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

What ye all think bout Kilmurry? I'm living there and its a bit mad! house party's every night like. Our house is wrecked every morning:rolleyes::D

Bit mad alright. I'm haven't gone to one yet and we certainly won't be having them but will get a round to it soon.
    The manager seems to be pretty sound

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Moving into brookfield on Sunday still hasn't really set in yet :p

Brookfield is grand,my area is a bit too quite though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 evil_monkey

Living in drumroe, doesn't seem to be that many house parties going on around the place way more over in thomond maybe i'm not looking hard enough:rolleyes:

Advertisement