The Clerical Child Abuse Thread (merged) - Page 248 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-04-2015, 15:13   #3706
PopePalpatine

Truly disgusting.

I suppose the Archbishop of Drive-By Posting is going to come around with a post with only the word "Trite" written in it.
Advertisement
26-04-2015, 16:05   #3707
marienbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopePalpatine View Post
Truly disgusting.

I suppose the Archbishop of Drive-By Posting is going to come around with a post with only the word "Trite" written in it.
Does it never end .
30-04-2015, 06:30   #3708
Peregrinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPudding View Post
Ha. I came across this before in another case, but then when you look at the records you find that whilst they did not know it was a crime they, for some unknown reason, took out insurance policies against claims for damages as a result of child rape. Funny that they did not know it was illegal, but took insurance out to protect them against the fallout.
Actually, no conflict there. You take out insurance against a risk of civil liability. You can incur civil liability (i.e. an obligation to compensate someone) for lots of acts that are not crimes- breach of contract, breach of your duty of care to another, professional negligence, etc.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion