Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25% of iPhone users are w*nkers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The charging isn't bad but I stick mine into my Atlec Lansing speaker so that charges it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

25% of people are ****.

100% of **** are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Sleipnir wrote: »
    I like when I find a good garden fork. iPhone? Just couldn't be arsed anymore.

A garden fork is a bit heavy to carry around though. And the reception's not great for making calls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

96% of the statistics used in this thread are fucking stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Had a 5800 it's no iPhone . Not even the nokia n97 was up there IMO

I know it's not an iPhone, it's a Nokia 5800 :pac:

Simple fact is feature wise they are very close while price wise there's a huge gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

96% of the statistics used in this thread are fucking stupid

Is mine in the 4%? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I know it's not an iPhone, it's a Nokia 5800 :pac:

Simple fact is feature wise they are very close while price wise there's a huge gap.

to be honest, the 5800 is no where near an iphone. Nokia N97 or N97 mini would be closer to an iphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

to be honest, the 5800 is no where near an iphone. Nokia N97 or N97 mini would be closer to an iphone.

Why? Look at the list of features. Very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

and another 35 per cent of iPhone owners said they would find a partner with out-of-date electronics a turn off..

what do you make of them...?

linky
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/05/iphone_stats/

Ireland Mother Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Got one a few weeks ago and think its great. 200 squid for a phone, mp3 player, sat nav, mini net book is alright with me. And then 45 a month for for 175 mins, 350 texts (if you get eirtext) and plenty of 3G surfing allowance. I'm in now way an 'image' person, but I do like a good gadget and this is certainly one.
    re: battery life, when you take into account that your avg GPS or MP3 only lasts a couple of hours, 2 days is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Article about the new iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

One fifth is NOT 25%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would love to have one but,as others have said,they really are over priced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

asdasd wrote: »
    The iPhone, when it was introduced by Jobs, was described as a great phone, a brilliant music player, and a fantastic internet/mobile computing device.

It is two of those. The phone aint so good. I see it as a great device though.

the only reason I dont have another phone ( and use an iPod Touch) is that I want one device only. O2 bugs me though.

It's a Mac based mobile computer with some phone capabilities.... and a music player tacked on there. That's it. I have one. I bought it because it checked boxes as a replacement for my previous phone (SE W960i). Same features and more than what the W960i had. Battery life is a downside but I can live with it.

Advertisement