Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Ah bobskii sorry to hear that. It's hard enough to get out without health issues too.

Anyone else's baby trying to be Bulimic?? Madam thinks it's great to stick fingers in and projectile vomit.

Also loves throwing herself backwards when winding!! It's crazy how mobile she's becoming already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

exercise actually helps it but today I feel like I was hit by a truck so after ww this morning we took to the couch!little miss has been sleeping All afternoon!
    its mad how alert they become so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Nicman wrote: »
    Hi Fall, what were her symptoms? My boy is 6 weeks old and was diagnosed a few weeks ago with reflux and we thought that was all he hadd but for the last two weeks he's gotten much worse and appears to have all the symptoms of colic :-( great to hear your lady is growing out of it already we're demented here with all the crying! My husband says im spoiling him and its attention he's looking for but he gets so hysterical it can't be attention and I just can't leave him crying like that without trying to do something. it sounds like he's in awful pain when he's bad and then he won't sleep which leads to him being overtired and not able to sleep after the next feed... its a vicious circle!

6 to 8 weeks was the worst. You definitely aren't spoiling him. I held my girl as much as possible because the more hysterical they get the more air they take in. She is much better now. I can leave her on her mat to play and she is getting her wind up much easier. it does pass. Is he taking any meds? The probiotics really helped her turn a corner here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

No bullemia here but chewing his whole fist and drooling like a loon. Can he have teething symptoms this early?? Hes only 7 weeks!

Nicman are you formula or breast feeding? We use the colief drops and they have been a godsend. They are not convenient to use when out and about and the gas bouts after a normal bottle are horrible. Having said that even with them we have had a few two hour screaming sessions in the last week or so. They're exhausting and a little terrifying.

Anyone else running bad headaches/period cramps but no period? It's annoying me! Very very mild twinges, feels like day three for me and has been on and off for the last few days

mirrorwall I've woke up today with period like cramp so I presume they are on the way :( hope I get them back the same as they were. very light and only for 3 says total.

• Advertisement

Urgh I was like that too mirror its on the way!! Mine is ridiculous. This is the second since birth. The first few days are normal/heavy then it's so so so so heavy. Like worse than after I had her. Then boom it just stops. Anyone know if this is to be expected??

Mirrorwall I just bought those teetha sachets to have to hand.I remember them doing good on my son and they are suitable from birth. She seems to be ok today tho I need a bib on her all the time.

Great, I'll add them to the shopping list thanks! Still no sign of it but twinging away so it can't be far off. I always had very heavy periods/crampsso I'm hoping that it's not worse tbh.

Anyone heading to next tomorrow for the sale? Think I will stock up for next winter because he'll have started running out of gift outfits at that stage and I do love the quality of next

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭littlecbear

bobskii wrote: »
    I gave up on the bottles she was having none of it and was just a trading herself out every time we tried . I'll try again in a couple of weeks but I don't hold out any hope!

Hi Bobski

I am ebf and I bought a bottle on amazon. It's called haberman and is specifically designed to mimic flow like the breast. The teat looks really odd! Anyway I can't personally recommend as I haven't used mine yet but it got great reviews. Might be worth a try.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haberman-Suckle-Feeder-single-260ml/dp/B00KJI6V3S

thanks for that littlebear ill gladly try anything at this stage!how do you get round the delivery, I tried to order from amazon before but couldn't get delivery here.

hoes everybody?did you get much In the next sale mirrorwall? little miss had a cold this few days seems to be getting over it now tho . I bought the vicks vaporiser they are a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

I use parcel motel all the time for Amazon.co.uk orders. Set up your account, pick closest delivery lockers and then put your delivery address as parcel motel in the north. The website is quite good at explaining how it works.

thanks for that littlebear ill gladly try anything at this stage!how do you get round the delivery, I tried to order from amazon before but couldn't get delivery here.

hoes everybody?did you get much In the next sale mirrorwall? little miss had a cold this few days seems to be getting over it now tho . I bought the vicks vaporiser they are a great job.

• Advertisement

thanks leinster1980 ill have goo at that tomorrow it would be handy to have . I usually get stuff posted to my cousin in the north but then gave to wait for her to come visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Think your first three deliveries are free and then around four euro each after that. It's very handy!

thanks leinster1980 ill have goo at that tomorrow it would be handy to have . I usually get stuff posted to my cousin in the north but then gave to wait for her to come visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭littlecbear

Think your first three deliveries are free and then around four euro each after that. It's very handy!

Just checked postage on Amazon and its 6.50 sterling to deliver to Ireland. It you spend 20 you get free super saver delivery though.

Anyone noticing growth spurts? My little fella is 10 weeks tomorrow and for over a week, maybe 2, he feeds every 2 hours or more during day and only goes 3 hours at most during night. I was getting 6 hours night stretches at 2 Weeks old!

Hi everyone. Sorry you still have trouble with the Expressed bottles hun, it does tie you down a bit. Mine seems to be growing like a week but haven't notixed any major shortening of gaps between feeds

I got 160 odd with of clothes for 70 so was delighted with my haul!

And mine has decided that the only place to sleep is on me. Wouldn't sleep until he passed out on me this morning. Woke up screaming after 15 mins from his nap here and only calmed again after wedging his face in my chest and conking back out. No wind or anything, just seemed to want me lol

We have a cold here again. I haven't had sleep since Sunday I feel like crying. She's sleeping during the day and awake at night and there I was thinking I had it all figured out. Everyone is annoying me cause I'm tired. Oh is working 6this morning till 10 tonight today and tomoz. I probably ate the head off him when he gets home for no reason only exhaustion. Roll on next week please god when we. Are over it

Mirror how cute is that I love little snuggles. Is he going through a leap? Love a bargain fair play to you. I've bought so much in dunnes and zara for next year I didn't bother with next but I always regret it lol.
    Did you end up getting your period? How was it??

Oh god that sounds tough lashes. So far no illness here touch wood and he's been out and about, even in school in his carrier (First LC music class practicals are coming up and my replacement doesn't play piano to do accompaniments).

So long as it's good value sure why not! I haven't actually tried Zara at all yet, must have a look.

Actually it never arrived. Still getting the odd twinge. Just realised its been 2months. Is that normal? Google here I come!

Edit: oh and Ya he's on a leap so not too surprising

Son sick here too. Few days in hospital. My hands are sore from cleaning puke with disinfectant to keep it away from the baby. So far it seems to be working.
    Your boy looks so cute Mirrorwall. Sorry your baba is sick Lashes.

lol mirrorwall isn't that where most men would spend their time snoozing if they were allowed!you got great bargains in next might try it next time a sale is on . I don't notice a change in feeding here yet she's 12 weeks now, tho I do just feed on demand, we have a very loose routine!

fall everyone up in my mum's gas the vomiting bug it's gone through two houses and I'm hoping it doesn't land here.

Fall that's tough, look after yourself! Bobskii it's too true isn't it :)

Random one but does anyone know if christening gowns have to be wool? Baby is allergic. I know he wouldn't be in it long but at the same time it would feel a bit wierd to be wrapping him in a blanke he's allergic too

• Advertisement

Nope! Little miss got christened in a short tuille number from debenhams lol.

Ah fall that's rough xx

24 hours puke free so fingers crossed. seeing my little man in hospital broke my heart. Puts everything in perspective, once your kids and family are healthy that's the main thing. Can't wait to get out in the fresh air.
    Christening in a few weeks. Using gown my husband and all his family were christened in. Son wore it too. Then she has the cutest dress. I have bought very little for my girl. I have been given so much stuff. I have three full large storage boxes in the attic right up until 18 months! She is very long already in 3-6months

Really glad to hear all is well now fall. Wow what a long girl!! We are still in mostly newborn! Some 0-3 are still massive!

same here, up to 3 months fits perfectly . she's lost in 3/6 month clothes.

God we're only 8.5 weeks and he's in some 3-6 already! Short arms-I have to turn up the sleeves, long body!

Same here arms too long on the baby grow but seriously long legs so she fills them. My husband is 6 4 so no surprise. My son is really tall too.

Can you believe there is a December 2015 thread already. Next one is January 2016! Time is flying. Hope everyone is doing well :-)

fall wrote: »
    Can you believe there is a December 2015 thread already. Next one is January 2016! Time is flying. Hope everyone is doing well :-)

I noticed that last night, time flies!

I was actually lookin at that myself last night . It's mad this time last year I was going through ivf!

• Advertisement

And I was having a laparoscopy where they found and removed endometriosis. Pregnant straight after it after years of trying. Mad stuff. So glad your ivf worked Bobskii.

Advertisement