Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIGHT LADIES , A BITTA HELP IF YOU WILL

Options
  • 16-09-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Right, Ladies,

Need a bit of advice, I know yer good for it,

Right, I anit a bad looking bloke, i can pull, I'm a nice decent guy, finiacially secure, will always pay my way, good job, nice car, nice house( a couple in fact ), but we have an issue, where are all the tall girls?

Ya see, i could chat for days, sitting down to a girl, no problem, but ( this happened for the last time on saturday night, because ye are goignt o fix it ) ... but when i stand up, the look on every girls face is complete shock, right I'm 6ft 7", im not skinny, not fat, bit pudgy, right i'm just huge,

straight away, i hear" Oh my god , look at the size of you, your massive " and then it happend " GIRLS COME HERE " all their friends come over, and i turn into their novelty for the night. They think i'm their bodygaurd, or toy or something that is not where i was sitting down, ABOUT TO SCORE

Now, i have asked the girls ( My Pals) about this but the just think its funny and cute
    Girls , i need some help, this can go on anymore, its driving me nuts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personal issues hombre!!!!:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Remove your legs from the knees down?

What are you looking for.... some sort of central meeting place for tall girls?
    Like they're ducks or something?

How about you stop hitting on small girls..... look around the room, if you make eye contact with someone, she's either tall enough for you or she's standing on the bar or something.

Dragan wrote: »
    Personal issues hombre!!!!:)

Oh no you don't. Nice try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 QS THIS

YEAH, as a matter of fact a pond of tall girls would be great !!!

Great Idea, sort that out
    Silverfish wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

QS THIS wrote: »
    YEAH, as a matter of fact a pond of tall girls would be great !!!

Great Idea, sort that out

Find out where your local ladies basketball team play...

• Advertisement

Can't help you, I'm 4 foot 10.

As far as I'm concerned, the world is full of tall girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Silverfish wrote: »

Well, either way you'll be Modding it!:pac:

*hides*

Court = Pond, ur onto a winner there !!!
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Find out where your local ladies basketball team play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

I have the same problem... well 6ft5 and big scottish bast^rd is how i'm described...

I've taken the only sensible option and will be moving to America where I'll be normal sized again!! :D

Might be a bit extreme for you though..!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I know a girl who's 6'4" and she gets the same 'freak-show' treatment when people see her out. I'd set the two of you up but that would be a little weird.

And I'd probably be dooming your kids to a circus lifestyle too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I used to date a guy who was 6"7 and it was fantastic. I'm 5"9 and he was the only guy i've been able to wear my nice high heels with without being a giant next to him. I often get sad i can't find such a man again (the height only-he was an @ss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Smashey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I'm the same height as you and I don't get that problem. Though women seem obsessed with touching my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

where are all the tall girls?

Right here baby;):D;)

Yeah, tru tru, Its a tough life being tall, but what annoys me is some people think is polite to ask your height, its like u came out tall just for them like ur wearing a new shirt
    Phlann wrote: »
    I know a girl who's 6'4" and she gets the same 'freak-show' treatment when people see her out. I'd set the two of you up but that would be a little weird.

And I'd probably be dooming your kids to a circus lifestyle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

orestes wrote: »
    Smashey?

lol :D

OP why do you always meet girls sitting down? Do you scooch from seat to seat chatting up women? Chat to them while standing up first so they're not shocked

i get that when im talking to someone, they look in my eyes and they slowly drift off an looking at my hair, !!!! I love pulling them up on it , bleeding weirdos

Gyalist wrote: »
    I'm the same height as you and I don't get that problem. Though women seem obsessed with touching my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

you should .. well "stand up for yourself".

if people are acting immature, and treating you like a freak.. you should point it out that their behaviour is making you feel uncomfortable.

Aint nobody gonna do it for ya..

You are very tall.. so you can
    a) easily judge people by the way they deal with your height.
    (I would be inclined to lose interest in a girl who starts screaming at her mates to come and look at me)
    b)gonna have to find a way to deal with it. I like to think that I am smart and origional.. but dang.. if I dont have to get that what is "blatently obvious" off my cheast sometimes. (in your case , it would probably be .. " em.. eh.. so eh. 6-8 ?? 6-9?? " )

you could try..
    "thank you , I really enjoyed that, now I am going to call all my mates over so we can stare at you for a while.. , they are going to find this a great laugh"

I'm less intimadateding ( Spell check) when i'm sitting down,

Cathooo wrote: »
    lol :D

OP why do you always meet girls sitting down? Do you scooch from seat to seat chatting up women? Chat to them while standing up first so they're not shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm less intimadateding ( Spell check) when i'm sitting down,

I know but if you find it to be a problem / laughing point for girls then it might be better to put it forward first so they're aware.

• Advertisement

YOUR A LEGEND !!!!! GREAT IDEA

bealbocht wrote: »
    you should .. well "stand up for yourself".

if people are acting immature, and treating you like a freak.. you should point it out that their behaviour is making you feel uncomfortable.

Aint nobody gonna do it for ya..

You are very tall.. so you can
    a) easily judge people by the way they deal with your height.
    (I would be inclined to lose interest in a girl who starts screaming at her mates to come and look at me)
    b)gonna have to find a way to deal with it. I like to think that I am smart and origional.. but dang.. if I dont have to get that what is "blatently obvious" off my cheast sometimes. (in your case , it would probably be .. " em.. eh.. so eh. 6-8 ?? 6-9?? " )

you could try..
    "thank you , I really enjoyed that, now I am going to call all my mates over so we can stare at you for a while.. , they are going to find this a great laugh"

IM ON MY WAY !¬!!! AND I WAS IN GALWAY JUST LAST WEEKEND !!
    Right here baby;):D;)

Why hide your height???

Seriously?!

I'm tallish for a girl, but it doesn't stop me wearing my heels!

Usually the same height or taller than most men, and yeah, you get the odd comment, but I really dont let it bother me.

Use it as your USP OP; My grandfather was 6ft 5' and his wife was 4ft 8'. They had 3 kids!

Don't be so conscious. Embrace it. Its part of you afterall.

And anybody who does think you're some sort of freak show??? Well Fcuk them, happen they're the freak not you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Right, Ladies,

Need a bit of advice, I know yer good for it,

Right, I anit a bad looking bloke, i can pull, I'm a nice decent guy, finiacially secure, will always pay my way, good job, nice car, nice house( a couple in fact ), but we have an issue, where are all the tall girls?

Girls , i need some help, this can go on anymore, its driving me nuts.

I love it when people say 'You're tall aren't you?' - I know I'm tall....
    Disco Stu wrote: »
    I have the same problem... well 6ft5 and big scottish bast^rd is how i'm described...

I've taken the only sensible option and will be moving to America where I'll be normal sized again!! :D

Might be a bit extreme for you though..!!

Don't make any rushed decisions..........I'm 5'11 and single, I'm the only girl in a family of men over 6'5. To me, you're normal ;).

Ah Fcuk it; probably just as well tho; I would have only made a bad impression methinks, if the hangover Sunday was anything to go by:D

If I had been out in town and met you I can safely say that I would have been over to you like a bee to a honeypot. Tall men are so rare and so nice;).

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

the following statement always struck me as a bit insane but as it seems appropriate here goes.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We're all the same height lying down!! ;)

(Anyone care to explain?? :p )

PS: I love tall men!! Makes me feel safe!! My first boyfriend was 6ft 5 - I'm 5ft 3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Tall men line up here for interview plz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Zomg, tall guy from club that my friend and I stared at, be that yooou?!

:D

I had this happen to me recently. The standing up rejection not the circus freakshow.
    And I'm not even tall. Men in my locale are just midgets.......damned inbreding.

Whatever about your height built Irish men are like hens teeth.
    I bet you are just mischevious, I bet you cause lady brawls where you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

LolaDub wrote: »
    I used to date a guy who was 6"7 and it was fantastic. I'm 5"9 and he was the only guy i've been able to wear my nice high heels with without being a giant next to him. I often get sad i can't find such a man again (the height only-he was an @ss)

They must be fairly high heels to make a 5'9" girl tower over guys....noice. ;)
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Tall men line up here for interview plz.

What do you consider tall?

Advertisement