Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Directories

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

listed as flats all the way through to 1984

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

Thanks Shane! I guess she must have lived in the flats then. We were always given the impression they inherited the house. Thanks for all your help!!

I think if she had been owner, or primary leaseholder, she would have been mentioned in the valuation records.

So confusing!! Maybe I have the address wrong but I don't think so.

there's anther set of number for Ranelagh which also includes an 84 - wonder if that might be what causing the mixup ?

Ranelagh Rd. runs from Charlemont bridge at the canal to the railway/Luas bridge, and Ranelagh from the Luas bridge towards Sandford. Dr. Jackson lived on Ranelagh Road.

Thx for your help Shane. Just sent you a PM with more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toirleac

Hi Shane, I was wondering if you might be able to help me with an address in Dublin for 1958? The address is Captain's Road in Crumlin or Kimmage in Dublin 12. I am hoping to find the number that a Thomas Doolin lived at in the late 1950s before he moved to England. I think the house is somewhere near the junction with Stanaway Road. No problem if you can't help and thanks for your time. Kind regards, Karl Doolin.

Toirleac wrote: »
    ...an address in Dublin for 1958? The address is Captain's Road in Crumlin or Kimmage in Dublin 12. I am hoping to find the number that a Thomas Doolin lived at in the late 1950s before he moved to England. I think the house is somewhere near the junction with Stanaway Road. ...

The only Doolin entry I've found on Captian's Rd. in 1958 so far is a P. Doolin at 195 same listing for 195 in 1953. It's a big listing, about 400 houses . I'll have a fresh look in the morning...

Captian's Road is under Dublin City in the 1958 listing, Crumlin Co. Dublin in 1953.

location of the current 195 on OSI - quite close to the jct. with Stanaway Rd. (zoom in to see the house numbers)

shanew wrote: »
    The only Doolin entry I've found on Captian's Rd. in 1958 so far is a P. Doolin at 195 .... I'll have a fresh look in the morning...

I've double checked the listing for Captain's Road in 1958, the only Doolin is that one at no. 195

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Toirleac

Thank you so much Shane, it must be that house. Thomas had an elder brother called Patrick, so perhaps the house from the Corporation was in his name and they all lived there. I appreciate your help. All I can offer in return is that I have a Thoms from 1911 for Ireland and 1975 for Dublin and if you ever need information from them, please let me know. Thanks again, Karl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Is it possible to help with an address at 6 North Earl Street for 1919 and 1920, please? The Dublin Street Directory of 1918, shows the building as ‘destroyed in rebellion, 1916’, with the Franco Portrait Co. operating there in 1921. Thanks in advance.

6 Earl Street North is listed in Thom's 1919 as 'destroyed in rebellion' (I dont have 1920 - next one is 1921)

in case it's of interest for other searches relating to 1916 damage, I created a Dublin City, before and after the 1916 Rising listing based on the 1916 Insurance map and directory listings from 1914 and 1917 - e.g. Earl Street North.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭JDERIC2017

Had to share my pain!

My great grandmother had a shop on north king street, first registered in 1926 according to Thoms Directory. My grandfather was born in 1909 but his parents never married.... His father was registered on the birth as Michael Joseph Kelleher (same as his father). In Thoms Directory 1926 on the same street as my Great grandmother, an M.J. Kelliher (different spelling) had a tea rooms... I contacted the Valuation office and they couldn't find any reference to the tea rooms, it just said there were lodgers, and they were not named. Was really hoping I had proof it was my Great Grandfather.... dead end though. :(

Advertisement