Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Final trailer released but I am warning you now.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS IN THIS!!!

Seriously, raging I watched it as it gives away what I see as 2 major events in the movie itself......

EDIT:Beat me to it but at least we are on the same wavelength!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I'm not watching that, but dayum, I'm looking forward to this.

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

I watched it, damn pissed off I did now.

That bit they are referring to above would be amazing had I seen it in the film rather than a trailer.

Don't do it. Close the computer and go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What exactly is the massive spoiler? Nothing seemed to stick out in the trailer. I haven't seen the original movies so have no knowledge of any established mythology or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Staplor wrote: »
    I watched it, damn pissed off I did now.

That bit they are referring to above would be amazing had I seen it in the film rather than a trailer.

Don't do it. Close the computer and go outside.

Must.. resist.. temptation!!

I DID watch the one Liz posted above though and
    the last line in it about war having already begun sounds very laboured and a setup for the next film..?

No don't tell me. I'll just wait till it comes out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

I watched it

reverse psychology got the better of my child like mind :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Lemonandice20

Original was brilliant because basically it was a brilliant commentary on class and race in contemporary America after that all the other sequels and remakes were bolloxolligy.

I hate when movies try to make a commentary on the world today. They should just tell their own story independently imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There was a full 3 or 4 minute length trailer for this shown during The Hunger Games on Channel 4 on Saturday. The entire advertisement break was dedicated to it. Disappointed I watched it because it gave away alot of the plot.

The film looks very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Trailer is good, hope the film is too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I was in Easons O'Connell Street and they were selling the book of the movie for only €9.

Was kinda tempted but managed to resist and havnt watched any of the recent trailers. I watched Rise pretty much blind and enjoyed it all the more for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I was in Easons O'Connell Street and they were selling the book of the movie for only €9.

Was kinda tempted but managed to resist and havnt watched any of the recent trailers. I watched Rise pretty much blind and enjoyed it all the more for it.

Isn't the book set between the two films and not an adaptation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What exactly is the massive spoiler? Nothing seemed to stick out in the trailer. I haven't seen the original movies so have no knowledge of any established mythology or anything.

I'd also like to know what the massive spoiler was as it seems to have gone right over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'd also like to know what the massive spoiler was as it seems to have gone right over my head!

Me too tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

For me what is spoiled is the rogue ape and the arrival of the ship, surely they should have kept both of those under wraps for the film itself. I was wondering why they both started fighting and this trailer spoiled it for me, I would have preffered not to see it in a trailer tbh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Mickeroo wrote: »

So good, I wish this was it's own separate thing.

Also, if companies held back on lavish trailers and proposed to use film shorts to promote movies to give them an idea of what it is.

Liked that Prometheus TED Peter Weyland speech.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They were brilliant. Really well done.

IGN review, 9.5 out of 10.

Although I tend to think IGN get paid off to a much greater extreme than others, I'll believe them. Damn what a summer it is for big movies, all them aside from T4, seem to made with care and are WAY higher than average on a storytelling level

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-review

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fview3%2F1096267%2Fdr-zaius-dr-zaius-o.gif&key=jFXSpoA_gdzwqAnR0yzLDw&w=480&h=235.47169811320754

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Adamantium wrote: »
    IGN review, 9.5 out of 10.

Although I tend to think IGN get paid off to a much greater extreme than others, I'll believe them. Damn what a summer it is for big movies, all them aside from T4, seem to made with care and are WAY higher than average on a storytelling level

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-review

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fview3%2F1096267%2Fdr-zaius-dr-zaius-o.gif&key=jFXSpoA_gdzwqAnR0yzLDw&w=480&h=235.47169811320754
    A human, the role Troy was born to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They've released some shorts to fill the gaps between the movies:

Gonna save them for the evening before I go see Dawn in the cinema. I am excite!!!

*nothing to do with chimps and yetis being related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anyone know if anywhere is doing previews of this before its release?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

and those motherboard shorts lead you to this http://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/read/island-of-the-apes The Island of the Apes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

Which leads you to this one an 16 minute version

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/read/island-of-the-apes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This is getting great reviews, 95% on rotten tomatoes so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Cautiously optimistic so - I was afraid this might suffer from the usual Hollywood sequelitis, but fingers are firmly crossed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

What are the odds that the upcoming 3D secret screening in Cineworld is this? I think it's very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Irish Premiere is next Tuesday in the Savoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

e_e wrote: »
    What are the odds that the upcoming 3D secret screening in Cineworld is this? I think it's very likely.

Aye I've heard it is, or so the rumours are anyway.. :D

Advertisement