Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options
  • 08-01-2013 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes.

1207123-dp3.jpg
    “They’ve got a great director on the movie, they’ve got a great script. I may or may have not seen some sort of test of footage that would blow your mind if you saw it and go holy crap and that’s Deadpool in costume. Katana swords, guns, shooting people’s faces off and making me laugh. And I may or may not have seen something that looks just like that. And you’ve got what would amount to the first R Rated X-Men movie. Because that script is R Rated.
    They may or may not have wanted to shoot eight minutes to see how it would play. And all I can tell you, it’s close. It’s closer that it’s even been to going, or going Naaah, that’s too scary a proposition to make a R Rated Deadpool movie.”

http://www.badhaven.com/film/film-news/has-rob-liefeld-seen-footage-of-a-new-deadpool-movie-or-is-he-talking-mince-pies/

That's Rob Liefeld, Deadpool creator, speaking about something that may or may not have happened at the Arizona Comic Con.

Talks have been swirling for years about it, but it looks like an official greenlight announcement from FOX is imminent.

Comments

Ill believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre and the opening credits roll. What may have been shown is something along the lines of Punisher Dirty Laundry, a short fi designed to sell the concept of a feature or some director angling to make an impression shot a demo reel for the character.

Deadpool is a risky venture for any studio. It's a relatively niche title who lacks the wide appeal of Batman or Superman. Marvel have repeatedly teased the concept of creating short films to showcases their lesser characters or shoot lower budget, possibly direct to DVD releases which with a character such as Deadpool would be ideal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As far as I know Ryan Reynolds has been signed on to play him in his own film ever since wolverine?

They have to break the 4th wall!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    As far as I know Ryan Reynolds has been signed on to play him in his own film ever since wolverine?

They have to break the 4th wall!

Reynolds was signed for the role way back when that his past three big budget films have under performed drastically I can see them recasting the role. He is perfect for the role and I'd like to see his take on the merc with a mouth, hopefully this time he will have one

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Ill believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre and the opening credits roll.

Would be of the same mindset on this one. Rumours and "official" clips of a movie have been circulating for years. Even if this did come from Liefeld, it could have just been a sampling. If a Deadpool movie does eventually come, it'll probably be a long time down the road.

Prepared to eat my words if does happen though! :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This guy seems to have a fanatical following, particularly on the internet: what's the big appeal? Is there actually anything behind (I believe) his snarky one-liners and breaking of the 4th wall, or have I just pretty much summed up his comics best qualities? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pixelburp wrote: »
    This guy seems to have a fanatical following, particularly on the internet: what's the big appeal? Is there actually anything behind (I believe) his snarky one-liners and breaking of the 4th wall, or have I just pretty much summed up his comics best qualities? :D

Those combined with him being a master assassin, having a healing factor similar to wolverine (changes effectiveness but he got it from wolverine afaik) and the fact hes completely batsh!t crazy all go very well together :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

As long as Liefield isnt involved in concept art then this will be great

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

pixelburp wrote: »

Yes and no. Those are his two greatest qualities, but they're only his greatest qualities because of another, third quality - crossovers. That may make it sound commercialized, but if so then I'm telling it wrong because Deadpool is the character Marvel uses to cast a comical eye over the entire Marvel Universe. When Deadpool meets, for example, Spider-Man, his snarky one-liners and breaking of the 4th wall enable him to say what we're all thinking: that the "One More Day" storyline which retcons half of Pete's history through a deal with Mephisto was laaaaaaaame.

deadpoolz.jpg

Of course, it also helps that he's utterly insane and yet somehow manages to be a battlefield GENIUS, beating opponents that he has no right being able to beat, through a combination of implausibly prescient plans and sheer unpredictability. But basically, the juice is that anytime a character shows up in Deadpool's comic, you know that you'll get a prime deconstruction of the flaws in the writing of that character's recent storylines, and when Deadpool shows up in another character's comic, you know that literally anything could happen this issue. Deadpool can be a hero or a villain, depending on who's paying better at the time and who Deadpool thinks would be more fun to antagonize. The time he was hired to assassinate Wolverine is possibly the best battle I've ever seen Wolverine in.

The problem with a Deadpool movie is that, being owned by Fox, he'll be very limited in who he can actually run into and riff on; just people from the X-Men franchise and the Fantastic Four franchise, and to get even those he'll have to wait for the FF reboot movie that's in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Deadpool is also one of the few characters in the Marvel Universe who is worthy to hold Mjolnir, aka. Thor's Hammer:

1877083-deadpool37p12smaller5dc_super.jpg
    66.jpg

That That actually turned out to be a fake created by Loki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,277 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My worry with someone like Ryan Renolds as Deadpool is that Deadpool is supposed to be horrifically scarred under the mask. And given superhero films' dislike of fully face masked superheros (like how Spiderman had to take off his mask or it was in tatters in every big end fight, Iron Man losing his helmet at the end of big end fights), would they have Ryan Renolds in makeup or ignore what his face is supposed to look like?

RyanDeadpool.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The makers of the game get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Deadpool should be made and released after all the other marvel stories. wait til 2018 bring back Thor, Spider-man and The Avengers etc and have him slaughter them all in a series of movies with one over complex story arc.

Deadpool and Spider-Man and Thor are all owned by different studios, so that's impossible unless MAJOR amounts of cash exchange hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

i think you mean improbable. either way, its quite obviously never going to happen. they are willing to do things in comics that won't be accepted in movies. there are too many people involved in the decision making process.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The irony of the pic in the OP having no feet and being coupled with Liefeld quotes.

A Deadpool film will most likely be sh*t. A Deadpool film with Ryan Reynolds will definitely be sh*t.

The best version of Deadpool exists on the Hulk vs dvd and the only way they will really come close to that is with a Deadpool animated film.

And while we are throwing up Deadpool's best bits.

1026149-deadpool_27_10.jpg

X-Man+Deadpool.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ryan Reynolds on the Deadpool movie
    I love Deadpool and there is a script that’s in development. But it’s so, so far into the R-rated zone… it’s a nearly NC-17 world and I just don’t know if the studio would ever risk their reputation doing it. We’ve been developing it and we would never wanna do it unless you could it that R-rated way, so... You could do it for a pittance compared to the modern sort of epic scale superhero movies, but it’s about a guy who knows he’s in a movie and knows he’s in a comic book who is deeply mentally disturbed and hyper violent, and that’s tough to get by a studio. "In the current iteration of the script, it doesn’t address Wolverine – though it does address Deadpool’s appearance in Wolverine. Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that. The script is one rewrite away from Deadpool jumping across the desk at the studio executive and attacking him."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101882

• Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"In the current iteration of the script, it doesn’t address Wolverine – though it does address Deadpool’s appearance in Wolverine. Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that."
    I told you so. I told ALL OF YOU.

No studio should touch it as long as Reynolds is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No studio should touch it as long as Reynolds is involved.

why? he'd make a great Deadpool, if they do the character right. Green Lantern being a flop didnt do him any favours but there's plenty of room for another R rated comic movie after Dredd and Watchmen and The Punisher films, its not going after the Spider-Man/X-Men audience and it wont be a gigantic hit but Kick Ass was a success, made about 90 million worldwide and that was a balls out R rated comic movie. Deadpool taking the piss out of his previous incarnation in Wolverine Origins would be worth the price of admission alone. A comic book movie where the lead character knows he's in a comic book movie? comedy material gold for the right writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Hey Turtyturd, what Deadpool storyline are the 1st set of panels with Wolverine that you posted from? I know the second set is from Cable & Deadpool: The Burnt Offering...

Sorry for straying a little but I already gave my view earlier and my inner nerd is annoying me! :D

krudler wrote: »
    why?

Mainly a personal thing, I don't like Reynolds and would hate to see him butcher one of my favourite comic character. They nailed Deadpool in the 'Hulk Vs' dvd, if they want to have him on screen again they should stick to animated.

Hey Turtyturd, what Deadpool storyline are the 1st set of panels with Wolverine that you posted from? I know the second set is from Cable & Deadpool: The Burnt Offering...

Sorry for straying a little but I already gave my view earlier and my inner nerd is annoying me! :D

Deadpool Vol1. Issue 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Reynolds gets a bad rap cos he's handsome and charming. People seem to think it diminishes his acting abilities. He's the perfect fit for Deadpool. He was also a great fit for GL; the script let everyone down....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Reynolds is perfectly suited to Deadpool imo.

While I'm disappointed it might not get made, I'm happier for that to happen, than for them to drop the rating a couple of points and lose everything that's Deadpool about Deadpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Latest from Ryan Reynolds on the film

“That movie is alive and kicking, and then it’s dead as a doornail. Then it’s
    alive and kicking and then it’s dead… it’s like the worst relationship I’ve ever
    had!”
    “The character knows he’s a comic-book character, he knows he’s in a
    film, he knows who the executives are at the studio making the movie,” Reynolds
    explained. “In the current iteration of the script, Deadpool is aware of the
    Wolverine movie. He doesn’t say anything disparaging about it but he
    does at one point play with the Deadpool action figure with some curiosity.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

This has been leaked online and removed from youtube by FOX

Obviously it was something they decided to drop

Edit: Released in HD by BlurStudio?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

looks like it's been offically released now here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0BWnXKcs8

I'm just gonna go watch it ... again ... for the ... probably 8th time :D

Also, the background song during the fight in the car is: Angel of the Morning by Juice Newton in case anyone was wonder:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

ack! they took it down again :-/

Dammit FOX! :(

Edit...

Just found it in HD this time. Hopefully they leave this one up:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Gone again. Fffuuuuuu

Advertisement