Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Football League Chat Thread

Options
  • 21-07-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭

Still 25 places unclaimed within the 4 leagues. A League 3 not looking likely, but plenty of places likely for people to move their way up into League 2.

Still 2 places unclaimed in the Premier League, I had been expecting that league to fill up in a very short space of time.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My aim is to maintain premier league status, anything else is a bonus :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I can rise into league 1 before the season starts then 2 promotions in one season will be pretty spectacular.

Championship here I come :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

If there any way of getting into this having not previously been in it? (Sorry if that's a silly question!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

CSF wrote: »
    Still 25 places unclaimed within the 4 leagues. A League 3 not looking likely, but plenty of places likely for people to move their way up into League 2.

Still 2 places unclaimed in the Premier League, I had been expecting that league to fill up in a very short space of time.

25 unclaimed is a lot, but I suppose the game's only live for 5 days at this stage and it's the middle of holiday time for many...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

tom_k wrote: »
    25 unclaimed is a lot, but I suppose the game's only live for 5 days at this stage and it's the middle of holiday time for many...

Yeah I expect numbers to come in drips and drabs, but unless that speeds up significantly, it will just be a matter of dipping into the waiting list to fill League 2, and the way in for everyone else will be to qualify from the qualifying league that will go live in August for season 15/16

• Advertisement

Still 20 places in the league unjoined. That is a full league of people yet to join!!!

3 more people who haven't signed up in the threads so I've no idea who they are.

That means 23 places at the moment that without change that would go to those on the waiting list.

Barring a significant change, there won't be a League 3.

Also, just to give people a reminder, from August 1st, if you were close enough to qualifying for a league, in League 2 at all (you've a very high chance of making league 1), or on the waiting list, keep a close eye on the forum because once you're offered a place that you didn't actually qualify for originally, you've only 24 hours to claim it both by signing up with the code, and posting in thread.

After those 24 hours the place would just pass onto the next eligible person to claim, so make sure to keep tabs on August 1st and beyond if you think you've any chance of moving up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Do you need people(like myself) that are on the reserves list to post our team name/i.d. ?

manual_man wrote: »
    Do you need people(like myself) that are on the reserves list to post our team name/i.d. ?
    If a place in League 2 gets offered to you yeah you will need to follow the same procedure, until then, you're fine.

Reason for it is so that I can track which 20 people are actually in each league (rather than which 20 qualified) so when it comes around to doing admin for next year, I'll know which users get promoted and relegated and who is in what league for 2015/16 because as we all know team names and IDs change by the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The rest of 'em are all on holidays!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

If a place in League 2 gets offered to you yeah you will need to follow the same procedure, until then, you're fine.

Reason for it is so that I can track which 20 people are actually in each league (rather than which 20 qualified) so when it comes around to doing admin for next year, I'll know which users get promoted and relegated and who is in what league for 2015/16 because as we all know team names and IDs change by the year.

So if we are on the reserve list we will get a pm if we are needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's how id read it. A lot of people leave things till the last minute though (although probably less of a trait of Fantasy football addicts) and I'd be surprised if there's not a substantial late flurry.

Exactly

Think I'm next on the reserves list. I've been logging in every half an hour to check for a pm for the last week!

I left my phone at home today, and panicked that I'd miss the boat, so checked in an Internet cafe at lunch. If I miss out on this I'll be freaked.

Think I'm next on the reserves list. I've been logging in every half an hour to check for a pm for the last week!

I left my phone at home today, and panicked that I'd miss the boat, so checked in an Internet cafe at lunch. If I miss out on this I'll be freaked.
    You won't get one til August 1st so you can relax until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You won't get one til August 1st so you can relax until then.

Does that mean if these 20 heads on the missing list turn up there still won't be an extra league set up? :(

Does that mean if these 20 heads on the missing list turn up there still won't be an extra league set up? :(
    No it doesn't mean that. That league was never gonna be set up until the other 4 were full. If those 4 leagues fill up with loads of the original waiting list to spare, we will push ahead with League 3.

No it doesn't mean that. That league was never gonna be set up until the other 4 were full. If those 4 leagues fill up with loads of the original waiting list to spare, we will push ahead with League 3.

Ah i see, good stuff! Is there any way to check how far down the reserves list I am? Think i'm about 12th/13th but not certain.

Ah i see, good stuff! Is there any way to check how far down the reserves list I am? Think i'm about 12th/13th but not certain.
    If you root through my posts from about 2 months ago, theres a post in one of the threads with the list.

In work, so won't get a chance to look myself.

Posada posted this a little while back :
    Posada wrote: »
    The following is the list of sign-ups in order after FutureGuy claimed the 80th and final place. I believe biscuits1988 moved into the 80 since then? Also could someone check over it in case I missed out on someone? Ta.

biscuits1988 (moved into the qualifying league)
    01 MR NINE
    02 $hifty
    03 El horseboxo
    04 Danger781
    05 jimmii
    06 Pokerking
    07 SpaceCowb0y
    08 manual_man
    09 Axwell
    10 Suarezistheman
    11 Bossdrum
    12 shayno90
    13 YeatsCounty
    14 masti123
    15 Posada
    16 slingerz
    17 Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
    18 Ziegler1988
    19 Trigger Happy
    20 IanObo
    21 Green&Red
    22 rosskind
    23 wardie101
    24 hurlingman97
    25 bezuaua
    26 WoollyredHat
    27 maximo31
    28 Rikand

(I'll edit this post when necessary).

I think the top two have been accepted already.

• Advertisement

Good man for digging that up!

7th isn't so bad considering 20 odd still haven't turned up! Might squeeze in yet :o

Good man for digging that up!

7th isn't so bad considering 20 odd still haven't turned up! Might squeeze in yet :o
    Think you will, and if you didn't, considering your position, I think there'd be a League 3.

50 hours to sign up, and still plenty of unclaimed places.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any sign if promotions to those registered in league 1 one and two?

dahat wrote: »
    Any sign if promotions to those registered in league 1 one and two?
    At the moment, the top 2 in the Championship rankings will move into the Premiership, the top 7 in the League 1 rankings will move into League 1, the top 11 from League 2 will move into League 1, and the top 15 on the waiting list will move into League 2.

Obviously, this will make alot of people happy (35 to be exact) but I'm massively disappointed about it. Don't really see too many more signing up now either to cut into that number.

Can't believe 2 people who qualified for the Premier League haven't joined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

At the moment, the top 2 in the Championship rankings will move into the Premiership, the top 7 in the League 1 rankings will move into League 1, the top 11 from League 2 will move into League 1, and the top 15 on the waiting list will move into League 2.

Obviously, this will make alot of people happy (35 to be exact) but I'm massively disappointed about it. Don't really see too many more signing up now either to cut into that number.

It does serve to show that many who signed up last year are not forums regulars. At least your deadline system ensures that people that are regulars of the community here obtain the places across all leagues which should make for better "banter" throughout the year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Assume it is Top 7 in League 1 into the Championship? That includes me so all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think the deadline is a bit too soon tbh, less than 20% of players from last year have signed up overall. Think you're going well to have over 50% of places signed up at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is Iroced in yet he is a forum regular. Id be very surprised if he wasnt to join.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I think the deadline is a bit too soon tbh, less than 20% of players from last year have signed up overall. Think you're going well to have over 50% of places signed up at the minute.
    Its a fair point, but the deadline is necessary to facilitate all the switching between leagues that is going to happen now. That is going to be an arduous process in itself.

Advertisement