Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The David Harvey Show on 4FM

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Hilarious. Tell us, Heybaby, when will you improve (and present from a studio when it's daylight outside)? Maybe then you could pass judgement on Louise.

Spare me Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

heybaby wrote: »
    Spare me Sherlock

Your smart replies carry a lot less weight now Heybaby, sorry :pac:

Anyway let the 4FM bashing continue I suppose... "Life support", wasn't it? Yawn. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, do 4FM need this show now with the talk output at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

guys and girls can we get back to the topic at hand. No matter who you are on this forum programme director, radio presenter, or just plain old plain radio critic, please do not get into the 'we know who you are business'.

The forum rules are quite clear on this matter

Please continue with the discussion on the David Harvey Show and leave the rest for another forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A listener issued a complaint about alleged racist comments made on The David Harvey Show and 4FM generally. In her complaint, Ms Murphy stated the comments expressed were clearly offensive, cruel and had a negative impact.
    The complainant claims that it is the view of many people that Classic Hits 4FM is becoming a platform for people to articulate their racist views towards African People and members of the Traveller Community under the pretence of refugee/asylum, welfare and unemployment issues
    The BAI upheld her complaint that 4fm did broadcast racist statements and treated African callers differently.
    http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/201310_October2013_vFinal.pdf
    I remember listening to one of the shows with an African caller, and thought Harvey had balls to interrogate a caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

snubbleste wrote: »
    A listener issued a complaint about alleged racist comments made on The David Harvey Show and 4FM generally. In her complaint, Ms Murphy stated the comments expressed were clearly offensive, cruel and had a negative impact.
    The complainant claims that it is the view of many people that Classic Hits 4FM is becoming a platform for people to articulate their racist views towards African People and members of the Traveller Community under the pretence of refugee/asylum, welfare and unemployment issues
    The BAI upheld her complaint that 4fm did broadcast racist statements and treated African callers differently.
    http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/201310_October2013_vFinal.pdf
    I remember listening to one of the shows with an African caller, and thought Harvey had balls to interrogate a caller.

Yes, they upheld the complaint, but they did NOT agree with the particular part that you quoted (about 4FM becoming a platform for racism). You should look at it in more detail.
    http://radionation.ie/2013/10/complaint-upheld-4fms-harvey/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I was quoting the complainant in the BAI report. Read my post carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

snubbleste wrote: »
    I was quoting the complainant in the BAI report. Read my post carefully.

Not quite. You were specifically and selectively quoting the part of what the complainant said that the complaints committee directly disagreed with.
    The Committee did not agree with the complainant that the programme in question was evidence of a systematic failure on the part of 4FM to meet its requirements under the Broadcasting Act or that 4FM is responsible on an ongoing basis for facilitating and encouraging discrimination or hatred towards minority groups. The Committee did not conclude that the moderation of the programme and the contribution by the presenter constituted racism.

Yes, the complaints committee agreed that racist comments were made on the show and that the station didn't keep the show balanced enough, however they did NOT agree that the station were, purposefully or otherwise, becoming a platform for racists - which is the part you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

I was going through the radio stations a few days ago when I heard right-winger David Harvey back on his racist yakety-yak show.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Worztron wrote: »
    I was going through the radio stations a few days ago when I heard right-winger David Harvey back on his racist yakety-yak show.

What station?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What station?

4FM. Maybe I heard a clip from an old show as I don't see Harvey on the 4FM website.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

4FM. Maybe I heard a clip from an old show as I don't see Harvey on the 4FM website.

He was filling in for Boylan who was on leave I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hes back again?? Thats very very strange!

I don't know who is more unbearable, Boylan or Harvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Radio Freak

I don't know who is more unbearable, Boylan or Harvey.

They are both terrible in different ways. Their nauseating voices pierce through my ears so I don't listen to either of them anymore even if Harvey was filling in for Boylan. I switched over to Newstalk a long time ago and I've stayed there. At least Newstalk don't have Jeremy Kyle style shows.

Advertisement