Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

If he won they should rename it h voic instead of the voice as he would have taken the e's

What a stupid thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"I was the chosen one...." :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

What did she just say??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What did she just say??

Havent a clue, think she might be a Morman or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

62cianegan.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This one has potential

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

she seems a bit salt of the earth. im surprised they dont put more of these through as there is a load of fellow north dubliners who would vote for her

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

God, I hate this 'talk singing' whinging nonsense - that Janet Devlin and the blondie one before her have a LOT to answer for :mad:

God Bressie is some man to be judging this :rolleyes: At the end of the day the Blizzards werent that hectic or huge.
    He is on this show because of his looks and not his musical cv.

leahyl wrote: »
    This one has potential

I dunno, her voice is kinda drawn out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

More appealing voice than Pixie Lott? Lolwut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I dunno, her voice is kinda drawn out...

Now that you say that you're prob right - she'll prob end up annoying the hell out of me!

Her da is gonna take her exit from the comp very very hard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Alot of OTT reaction to the fair city lad. he wasnt that bad in all honesty and didnt come across as anyway arrogant. people just pilloring him because they hate fair city
    He didn't come across as arrogant in your opinion. Maybe he did in the opinion of other people, doesn't mean he was 'pilloried'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

God Bressie is some man to be judging this :rolleyes: At the end of the day the Blizzards werent that hectic or huge.

Trust me im a doctor was a tune

and postcards too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

All over for another week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

what will i do now?

Yeah and then if he picks you, you get to hug him. NICE! :D

leahyl wrote: »
    Now that you say that you're prob right - she'll prob end up annoying the hell out of me!

Go back and listen to it again... bet you wont listen to it all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

God Kian is some man to be judging this :rolleyes: At the end of the day Westlife werent that hectic or huge.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

eternal wrote: »
    what will i do now?

Rte player rewatch or not lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

what will i do now?

Watch Fair City to view next years contestants?

The Blizzards were really good live and I like his solo songs but I prefer the rocker tunes he had.

I hate the mammies and daddies who are completely blind about the actual standard of their offsprings talent. Yeah she was good but not that good, shut up ya big lunatic :pac:

Namlub wrote: »
    He didn't come across as arrogant in your opinion. Maybe he did in the opinion of other people, doesn't mean he was 'pilloried'

I just think that had he not previously been on Fair City, the critcism wouldnt have been as strong.
    God thanks for the spell check by the way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Colmo52 wrote: »
    FYP

Needless to say I wasnt a big Westlife fan and Cian wasnt exactly known for his own voice but the Blizzards werent big either in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

anybody know the name of that country song one of the guys sang. tink it was by the dixie chicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Henwin wrote: »
    anybody know the name of that country song one of the guys sang. tink it was by the dixie chicks.

Travelling Soldier

I just think that had he not previously been on Fair City, the critcism wouldnt have been as strong.
    God thanks for the spell check by the way :rolleyes:

That wasn't a spell check, that was me using the past tense of the verb. You used the present tense. Loling.

That wasn't a spell check, that was me using the past tense of the verb. You used the present tense. Loling.

Oh so its the Grammar Police and not the Spelling police. No problem :)

• Advertisement

Oh so its the Grammar Police and not the Spelling police. No problem :)
    Are you really this confused? I used a different tense to you, stop trying to find a personal dig where there was none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 doll_

Delighted with my performance tonight, I'm a regular on here and I have to say some lovely comments from people. Thanks to The Voice of Ireland for the amazing opportunity. With regards to the song choice, I believe the song I will sing in the next stage is more my style.

www.youtube.com/xpressplayx

Maybe you'll find something on here that you'll enjoy.

Whatever I feel, he feels. My Dad is behind me 100%. Like every Dad should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

RTE going for an X-Factor copycat but to make it unique they have the judges turned the wrong way.

Ingenious
    :cool:

Which one were you? Cant access the link.

doll_ wrote: »

Whatever I feel, he feels. My Dad is behind me 100%. Like every Dad should be.
    Not all dads, youre just lucky.

Not all dads, youre just lucky.

Thank you. Yes, I am.

@eternal I was the last girl to be shown tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

have to admit theres no way the lead singer of the blizzards would be on this if he didnt look like that. Thats the reality :p

RTE are trying to make him out to be some kind of influential producer/song writer figure and he seems to be playing up to it.

The banter with him and Egan is very funny, Bressie thinks he is taking a stand for the people who have "had to work their arse off". Egan was picked for boyband for his looks and average talent and through hard work and selling their soul they made millions.

Bressie was a mediocre singer song writer who never got off the ground outside of Ireland. And now his looks (not his talent) are making him a big deal on this show.

Egan is a pure arse, but in fairness he is what he is. A powder puff pop star who knows the business inside out.

Its funny, because both cater to the same market. Women.

Teeny boppers buy westlife records and menopausal women.

The women who think they are a little cooler (but have no f*cking clue of music) are Bressies market. "yeah the music is grand but isn't he hot girls" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

doll_ wrote: »
    Delighted with my performance tonight, I'm a regular on here and I have to say some lovely comments from people. Thanks to The Voice of Ireland for the amazing opportunity. With regards to the song choice, I believe the song I will sing in the next stage is more my style.

www.youtube.com/xpressplayx

Maybe you'll find something on here that you'll enjoy.

Loving the channel, looking forward to seeing you later on in the show, you were one of my favs so far. really really impressed and surprised with the really high standard so far. Good luck

eurokev wrote: »
    Loving the channel, looking forward to seeing you later on in the show, you were one of my favs so far. really really impressed and surprised with the really high standard so far. Good luck

Thanks very much for the support.

• Advertisement

[
    The women who think they are a little cooler (but have no f*cking clue of music) are Bressies market. "yeah the music is grand but isn't he hot girls" :D[/QUOTE]
    Thats crap, I have great taste in music and I loved the blizzards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

Never heard of these Blizzards or Brassie before this show. And that bloke from Wasteoflife (a bog-standard karaoke band) is a very poor choice to be a judge on this.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Stfu, Westlife are one of the most successful boybands ever. You may not like thier style but you can not deny their success.
    All of the judges have had a lot of success in their areas. Give credit where credit is due. I hate people who take aways from others success, it is pure jealousy. At the end of the day, what show can we see you on? NONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

wow, touchy.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    wow, touchy.
    yeah I gots me a head cold and feel rubbish haha psycho alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Stfu, Westlife are one of the most successful boybands ever.

Westlife were a manufactured band.. They released predominantly cover songs, and none of them played instruments... Two of them are good singers... but to say that Kian Egan (who cant sing), is qualified to judge other people or mentor them, is pushing it a bit.. I mean, Mr Blobby was number one as well, should he be "mentoring" singers as well?
    I hate people who take aways from others success, it is pure jealousy.

I wouldnt have begrudged Shane Filan anything if he had been on the show.. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and he sings well... Mark Feehily and Nicky Byrne also seem like sound guys, and any of those three would have been a better fit on the show than Egan... Egan must be the most conceited/deluded person since Marcus Henry Fearon... he's just a dislikeable runt, going on like he's one of The Beatles, when realistically he was just a pretty boy cardboard cut out that they stuck on the album covers to sell them. /rant

Chavways wrote: »
    RTE going for an X-Factor copycat but to make it unique they have the judges turned the wrong way.

Ingenious

It wasn't exactly their idea, it's a format that started in Holland iirc. There's a US version, and a UK version in a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I had a look tonight and I cannot be the only one to think the presenter is a pain in the arse. RTÉ surely could have gotten someone better.
    Chavways wrote: »

Ingenious

Exact same format as all of the other versions around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Egan is a pure arse, but in fairness he is what he is. A powder puff pop star who knows the business inside out.

Its funny, because both cater to the same market. Women.

Teeny boppers buy westlife records and menopausal women.

The women who think they are a little cooler (but have no f*cking clue of music) are Bressies market. "yeah the music is grand but isn't he hot girls" :D

I wonder what the market is for this type of TV show???? perhaps they got it right????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It wasn't exactly their idea, it's a format that started in Holland iirc. There's a US version, and a UK version in a few months

You are correct.
    I've seen the dutch version over a year ago, the episodes I seen were quite funny...there some (I don't know the PC term) , small guy as a judge....and he's very funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement