Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm not even gonna pretend like I have any idea who to pick. Sterling at 8.5 made me laugh, though. While he was a great buy last year at 5m or so, there's no way he's worth that.

I'm rolling with:
    De Gea,
    Zab, Cahill, Vlaar,
    Fabregas, Eriksen, Mata, Ramsey,
    Dzeko, Costa, Austin.

I want to buy Tadij but I'm not sure. He could do well but I don't know who to drop. Spurs could be good with new management and obviously Eriksen peaked towards the end of last season. Much potential. Mata has an easy string of games, but he could go either way. I have much love for Rambo after last season. Fabregas and Chelsea intrigues me. I also want to get in that Sanchez fella but 10.5 is steep given how many good mids there are.

The front three have me stumped. I picked those three because they have a high % chosen rate. I know nothing about Costa or Austin. I don't know how Studge will do without Suarez either, and I still think RVP is past it, Van Gaal or not.

I think it may well be a season for midfielders this year, but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

I'm not even gonna pretend like I have any idea who to pick. Sterling at 8.5 made me laugh, though. While he was a great buy last year at 5m or so, there's no way he's worth that.

I'm rolling with:
    De Gea,
    Zab, Cahill, Vlaar,
    Fabregas, Eriksen, Mata, Ramsey,
    Dzeko, Costa, Austin.

I want to buy Tadij but I'm not sure. He could do well but I don't know who to drop. Spurs could be good with new management and obviously Eriksen peaked towards the end of last season. Much potential. Mata has an easy string of games, but he could go either way. I have much love for Rambo after last season. Fabregas and Chelsea intrigues me. I also want to get in that Sanchez fella but 10.5 is steep given how many good mids there are.

The front three have me stumped. I picked those three because they have a high % chosen rate. I know nothing about Costa or Austin. I don't know how Studge will do without Suarez either, and I still think RVP is past it, Van Gaal or not.

I think it may well be a season for midfielders this year, but who knows?
    just because vlaar had a good wc people are putting him in their team.. have you not seen who he is defending along side at villa? absolute numpties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    just because vlaar had a good wc people are putting him in their team.. have you not seen who he is defending along side at villa? absolute numpties

Meh. 4.5m. He'll do for now. :cool:

ETA: Just swapped Cahill to Terry. I made my team an hour ago and am already tinkering with it. Lawwwwwwwd. And so it begins for another year of fun. :/

Meh. 4.5m. He'll do for now. :cool:

ETA: Just swapped Cahill to Terry. I made my team an hour ago and am already tinkering with it. Lawwwwwwwd. And so it begins for another year of fun. :/

yeah im a fan of terry myself, loves getting his noggin on corners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

And the manager. Paul Lambert teams are just not good for clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

http://gyazo.com/583ff0f3c9ee0ca7cebc161a0b26d054

4.5 left for a QPR defender to rotate with Davies.

Will be playing RVP, Hazard, Cesc (likely trade cesc for silva after a couple games), Erikson, Terry every game. Will sort of rotate the newcastle/stoke players then depending on who is at home. Taking a chance on Riviere from game week 2. Janmaat could be transfered too not locked down on him. Interested in De jong at 7mil too depending on how sunderland shape up in the pre season I could switch Johnson for him. Was looking at Arnautavic but think Sidwell might be better value. Nauty on penalties though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Your bench is weak. Naismith probably won't play with Lukaku/Kone.

I think it's a big assumption that Lukaku will sign for Everton. I know they're going all out for it but I reckon Chelsea are looking for a lot of money and have already said that they are making no further transfers so I could see him staying in a platoon with Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I had him in my team last season. When Villa keep a clean sheet he picks up BP's. Not many better options at £4.5m, and the WC simply boosted his profile. I agree Villa are weak though, but if you use him sparingly he could be a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

8-10 wrote: »
    I think it's a big assumption that Lukaku will sign for Everton. I know they're going all out for it but I reckon Chelsea are looking for a lot of money and have already said that they are making no further transfers so I could see him staying in a platoon with Torres
    Mourinho to give Lukaku a chance
    Or he's just trying to get more money out of Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Attempt #3!

315279.PNG

Dropped Remy, Naismith and Bruce for Wickam, Jelavic and Vlaar. Team has more balance now I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

This is where i'm at now, if anyone saw my last draught compared to this that has any opinions it would be appreciated!

NDWvxaI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is where i'm at now, if anyone saw my last draught compared to this that has any opinions it would be appreciated!

NDWvxaI.jpg

Think upson is only back up. Not sure he will start but the spine of your team is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've seen him in a lot of teams, but I'd be slightly worried about Fabregas lads depending on the formation Mourinho adopts. For large parts of last season he played a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Ramires in that Fabregas spot, and if that continues this year his midfield/strikeforce will probably look like the below:
    Matic Fabregas

Willian--Oscar--Hazard

Costa

Now if he switches to a 4-1-2-3, which I feel would be the best thing for him to do as it would take the shackles off Fabregas and allow him to get up in or around the box where he is most effective, Fabregas would look to be a good option.
    Matic

Fabregas Oscar

Willian
    Hazard

Costa

It's worth keeping an eye on over pre-season certainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

My 2nd attempt.

http://prntscr.com/44ijpe

If Lukaku doesn't sign, they have four weeks before the season starts to get in someone else and I would expect them to.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Attempt #3!

315279.PNG

Dropped Remy, Naismith and Bruce for Wickam, Jelavic and Vlaar. Team has more balance now I feel.

Pretty much the same as my team bar me having Mannone, Shaw and Hazard to your De Gea, Evans and Fabregas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

imagine if everton signed hernandez or any team for that matter, straight into my team he would be going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

First attempt after auto completing to sign up for leagues.

Howard
    Shaw, Terry, OShea, Debuchy
    Ramsey, Yaya, Sterling, Snodgrass
    Sturridge, Chamakh

Mannone, Vlaar, Januzaj, Naismith.

Will needs lots of chopping and changing yet!

would appreciate if you guys would rate this

shirt_11_1.png

De Gea SWA (H)

shirt_4.png

Terry BUR (A)

shirt_15.png

Dawson WHU (A)

shirt_1.png

Debuchy CRY (H)

shirt_12.png

de Jong MCI (H)

shirt_11.png

Mata SWA (H)

shirt_1.png

Sánchez CRY (H)

shirt_14.png

Tadic LIV (A)

shirt_15.png

Eriksen WHU (A)

shirt_11.png

van Persie SWA (H)

shirt_13.png

Austin HUL (H)

shirt_19_1.png

Myhill SUN (H)

shirt_8.png

Upson EVE (H)

shirt_6.png

Naismith LEI (A)

shirt_3.png
    Duff

Pretty much the same as my team bar me having Mannone, Shaw and Hazard to your De Gea, Evans and Fabregas.

Can't call the team Bringing Cescy Back without Cesc now can I? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Krul - Mannone
    Vlarr - O'Shay - Coloccini - Bruce - Cameron
    Hazard - Mata - Yaya - Ericsen - Arnautovic
    Giroud - Remy - Bony

Playing

1-3-5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

would appreciate if you guys would rate this

De Gea SWA (H)

Terry BUR (A)

Dawson WHU (A)

Debuchy CRY (H)

de Jong MCI (H)

Mata SWA (H)

Sánchez CRY (H)

Tadic LIV (A)

Eriksen WHU (A)

van Persie SWA (H)

Austin HUL (H)

Myhill SUN (H)

Upson EVE (H)

Naismith LEI (A)

Duff

Keepers: No issue here. If you're not planning on rotating then it really does have to be DDG, Szez, Howard or Hart, and realistically with the opening fixtures DDG is a no-brainer, and Myhill is the most likely of the 4.0's to get game time perhaps

Defenders:
    Terry is fine to start the season, he's somebody I could see get less game time later on but should be starting the season 1st choice. Like the fixtures so no issues there.
    Dawson is a great price if he plays every game at Spurs, worth keeping an eye on pre-season lineups and sound bites from the new manager. My worry is that he'll either be transferred to Hull where he would be overpriced, or stay at Spurs and be out-of favour. Not a bad pick but keep a close eye.
    Debuchy is picked by a lot of people as he'll be straight into the team at RB. Personally I think Mertesacker is the better Arsenal cover to have despite the extra 0.5, but a lot of this will come down to how the new BP's affect defenders, Mert was great for a BP last year.
    Upson I don't know a huge amount about so not sure if he'll play. Mike Duff the same, both of these are getting on in years and if you have bench fodder they should be at least guaranteed starters, even 2pts regulars are better to have than maybe-starters. My 4.0m recommendation is definitely Andre Wisdom as I reckon he's been loaned to start and he's a solid defender. WBA rotate with Aston Villa perfectly Home/Away so Vlaar at 4.5m would be an option, though also consider Hull City who they rotate with I think 34/38 games and have cheap defenders (Chester at 4.5 the best though if Bruce gets a good run then 4.0 is a bargain). Will then mean you can have your Home-playing defender as first sub each week.

Mid:
    Mata I don't rate as highly as Silva, Fabregas, Ozil or Ramsey at that price. But he's in there for the fixtures. Depends how LVG plays him really so hard to say. Same can really be said for Fabregas. The Arsenal guys would be my choice if you didn't already have Sanchez, though with the opening day fixture home to CPL, not having Ramsey might end up being a mistake.
    Sanchez speaks for himself really. If he hits the ground running and you don't have him he'll be hard to fit in!
    de Jong is terrific value at that price, could be the bargain of the year. Expect a lot more than him than his brother provided last season!
    Tadic is another I know little about so can't really comment other than if you don't have good knowledge on him I'd prefer to go for a tried and tested player in the league. Somebody like Barkley might be safer, and another 0.5m saved. Januzaj and Herrera are the sleepers in this price-bracket for me, if either look attacking in United's new setup I might bring them in. Markovic another sleeper with his dribbling skills potentially important in new BP's system.
    Eriksen - can't really go wrong at 8.0m. Amazing player who has great set-piece delivery and should be good for a lot of assists even if he doesn't score much.

FWDs
    RVP - see, Sanchez
    Austin - see my post in the Prep thread
    Naismith - not confident he'll get the minutes. Again you should get somebody who'll start every week as the backup here. I'd be looking at the likes of David Nugent or Glenn Murray in that price range assuming they'll start, or else get in Ings if you've saved the 0.5m elsewhere

....my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Attack looks pretty weak imo. Cant see Austin doing it at this level.

Will RVP be ready to hit the ground running aswell? Have a feeling there will be better options early in the season - Sturridge for one.

As an Arsenal fan, I think Ramsey is gonna have a strong season. No World Cup, he looks very fit and strong in training.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Attack looks pretty weak imo. Cant see Austin doing it at this level.

Will RVP be ready to hit the ground running aswell? Have a feeling there will be better options early in the season - Sturridge for one.

As an Arsenal fan, I think Ramsey is gonna have a strong season. No World Cup, he looks very fit and strong in training.

Fitting RVP in now and removing him if he wont play is easier than having to reshuffle the whole team to fit him in at 12.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Fitting RVP in now and removing him if he wont play is easier than having to reshuffle the whole team to fit him in at 12.5m.
    Just have two free transfers (or wild card) and then move someone down the appropriate amount IF RvP fires. I think I'm staying away from ManU attack initially and will make a transfer if need be. Too many questions regarding LvG's formation and preferred midfielders.

I think fitting RVP in now is smart given the fixtures united have. It'll be very easy to switch him for Sturridge or Costa etc. and use that 1/2mil for upgrading somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

imagine if everton signed hernandez or any team for that matter, straight into my team he would be going

He wouldn't start at Everton, and I don't think he would be particularly effective at a team that doesn't get many chances in a game, he doesn't make his own.

Keepers: No issue here. If you're not planning on rotating then it really does have to be DDG, Szez, Howard or Hart, and realistically with the opening fixtures DDG is a no-brainer, and Myhill is the most likely of the 4.0's to get game time perhaps

Defenders:
    Terry is fine to start the season, he's somebody I could see get less game time later on but should be starting the season 1st choice. Like the fixtures so no issues there.
    Dawson is a great price if he plays every game at Spurs, worth keeping an eye on pre-season lineups and sound bites from the new manager. My worry is that he'll either be transferred to Hull where he would be overpriced, or stay at Spurs and be out-of favour. Not a bad pick but keep a close eye.
    Debuchy is picked by a lot of people as he'll be straight into the team at RB. Personally I think Mertesacker is the better Arsenal cover to have despite the extra 0.5, but a lot of this will come down to how the new BP's affect defenders, Mert was great for a BP last year.
    Upson I don't know a huge amount about so not sure if he'll play. Mike Duff the same, both of these are getting on in years and if you have bench fodder they should be at least guaranteed starters, even 2pts regulars are better to have than maybe-starters. My 4.0m recommendation is definitely Andre Wisdom as I reckon he's been loaned to start and he's a solid defender. WBA rotate with Aston Villa perfectly Home/Away so Vlaar at 4.5m would be an option, though also consider Hull City who they rotate with I think 34/38 games and have cheap defenders (Chester at 4.5 the best though if Bruce gets a good run then 4.0 is a bargain). Will then mean you can have your Home-playing defender as first sub each week.

Mid:
    Mata I don't rate as highly as Silva, Fabregas, Ozil or Ramsey at that price. But he's in there for the fixtures. Depends how LVG plays him really so hard to say. Same can really be said for Fabregas. The Arsenal guys would be my choice if you didn't already have Sanchez, though with the opening day fixture home to CPL, not having Ramsey might end up being a mistake.
    Sanchez speaks for himself really. If he hits the ground running and you don't have him he'll be hard to fit in!
    de Jong is terrific value at that price, could be the bargain of the year. Expect a lot more than him than his brother provided last season!
    Tadic is another I know little about so can't really comment other than if you don't have good knowledge on him I'd prefer to go for a tried and tested player in the league. Somebody like Barkley might be safer, and another 0.5m saved. Januzaj and Herrera are the sleepers in this price-bracket for me, if either look attacking in United's new setup I might bring them in. Markovic another sleeper with his dribbling skills potentially important in new BP's system.
    Eriksen - can't really go wrong at 8.0m. Amazing player who has great set-piece delivery and should be good for a lot of assists even if he doesn't score much.

FWDs
    RVP - see, Sanchez
    Austin - see my post in the Prep thread
    Naismith - not confident he'll get the minutes. Again you should get somebody who'll start every week as the backup here. I'd be looking at the likes of David Nugent or Glenn Murray in that price range assuming they'll start, or else get in Ings if you've saved the 0.5m elsewhere

....my 2 cents

Thanks for that, disagree about what you said about Mata. His form for Chelsea 2 years ago would make him better than all the players you mentioned, the ones you mentioned are better defensively alright though. However in saying that changing to Silva would give me city coverage as I already have RVP, Terry and Sanchez from the other big teams
    Kagawa is one that should be kept an eye on, if LVP can get him back to the form of his Dortmund days then he's a snip at 6.5m

Thanks for that, disagree about what you said about Mata. His form for Chelsea 2 years ago would make him better than all the players you mentioned, the ones you mentioned are better defensively alright though.
    Kagawa is one that should be kept an eye on, if LVP can get him back to the form of his Dortmund days then he's a snip at 6.5m
    He is if he becomes a regular starter in the middle, but with Mata/Rooney around that's too unlikely.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, disagree about what you said about Mata. His form for Chelsea 2 years ago would make him better than all the players you mentioned, the ones you mentioned are better defensively alright though. However in saying that changing to Silva would give me city coverage as I already have RVP, Terry and Sanchez from the other big teams

The one worry I would have about your team is having so many newcomers in midfield. You've 3 players totally new to the League in Tadic, Sanchez and De Jong.

Personally, I go for a max of one at the start of the season until I see how players perform. It often takes players a season to adjust. There are very few Michus!

I'd also look elsewhere than Dawson. I think Spurs will be better at the back under Pochetino but I reckon that Dawson's place could be in jeopardy.

As for Austin, I am going for Wickham and Jelavic over him myself. Hull have signed a couple of creative players and Wickham will hopefully kick on from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

CSF wrote: »
    He is if he becomes a regular starter in the middle, but with Mata/Rooney around that's too unlikely.

So much up in the air at United at the moment that its almost impossible to pick players yet..... De Vrij in? Vermaelem in? Cavani in? Rooney out? Expected formation????

Rosco79 wrote: »
    So much up in the air at United at the moment that its almost impossible to pick players yet..... De Vrij in? Vermaelem in? Cavani in? Rooney out? Expected formation????

I'm going for Shaw and RVP. Both guaranteed to play IMO.

I'm going for Shaw and RVP. Both guaranteed to play IMO.

Going with RVP myself and hopefully Raphael if dust settles on an advanced wing back set up....

Van Persie and De Gea for me probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

CSF wrote: »
    Van Persie and De Gea for me probably.

Didn't have RVP last season wont have him this one either

• Advertisement

I have been having dilemas trying to decide what players to play so gonna cheat and double up on two chelsea defenders azpi and terry and costa till I see what way teams line up. Gw1 line up

Schmeichel

Shaw. Terry. Azpil. Debuchy

Sanchez. Arnie. Mata.

Costa. Neugent. Dzecho.

Subs. Speroni. Tadic. Wisdom. Albrighton.

I have been having dilemas trying to decide what players to play so gonna cheat and double up on two chelsea defenders azpi and terry and costa till I see what way teams line up. Gw1 line up

Schmeichel

Shaw. Terry. Azpil. Debuchy

Sanchez. Arnie. Mata.

Costa. Neugent. Dzecho.

Subs. Speroni. Tadic. Wisdom. Albrighton.

Not too keen on Mata @9.0, would rather have Erikson @ 8.0.
    I think Sanchez @ 10.5 is a huge risk. Ramsey @9.0 does a lot more for me, or Silva or even Cesc if you were to change a defender. Same with Costa... I'd much rather Hazard @ 10.0. Are you committed to Tadic/Costa? I think Hazard over Sanchez is a no brainer, you could do something like this:

Sanchez -> Hazard: +0.5m
    Mata -> Erikson: +1.0m
    Costa -> Giroud: +2.0m
    Tadic out for Johnson (6.5) or De Jong (7.0): +0.5/1.0m.
    Now with that 4.0/4.5 mil you have a lot more options. You could get RVP for dzeko or giroud and have 0.5 left over to get a 6.0 forward (at a glance 5.5 is really limited).

Gatame wrote: »
    Not too keen on Mata @9.0, would rather have Erikson @ 8.0.
    I think Sanchez @ 10.5 is a huge risk. Ramsey @9.0 does a lot more for me, or Silva or even Cesc if you were to change a defender. Same with Costa... I'd much rather Hazard @ 10.0. Are you committed to Tadic/Costa? I think Hazard over Sanchez is a no brainer, you could do something like this:

Sanchez -> Hazard: +0.5m
    Mata -> Erikson: +1.0m
    Costa -> Giroud: +2.0m
    Tadic out for Johnson (6.5) or De Jong (7.0): +0.5/1.0m.
    Now with that 4.0/4.5 mil you have a lot more options. You could get RVP for dzeko or giroud and have 0.5 left over to get a 6.0 forward (at a glance 5.5 is really limited).

Ramsey was lethal running onto ozils through balls but sanchez has a 25-30% conversion rate. I dont think giroud will start. I will not be leaving sanchez out at any cost.

Rvp has hollow legs made out of glue and lollipop sticks. He has had one injury free season in years. Its not if but when he will break down. I think dzeko will outscore him over the season simply by playing.

I dont trust spurs till they have a settled team. Soldado is on pens so think he is the safest bet.

Had cesc but have my three chelsea. They had 18 cleanies last year and have soft fixtures. Dont trust their midfield with rotation. I think Cesc is a good call. Costa will be chelseas #1 forward and 27 goals last season in la liga says it all really. He will also displace hazard on spot kicks. I think hazard will suffer a big drop and between him and cesc in the hole cesc is better value.

De jong is untested. Ajax are not PL standard, plus its newcastle, and their opening fixture is Man City. He is overpriced if anything but could come good. Same with tadic, but can downgrade if I have to.

Mata is a maybe but if he plays in his proper position he will be gold, can downgrade him and upgrade dzeko to Rooney but will keep an eye on preseason first to see what way the wind is blowing. I like dzeko though. He scores goals and is the starting striker with augerio.

Nugent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo

Had cesc but have my three chelsea. They had 18 cleanies last year and have soft fixtures. Dont trust their midfield with rotation. I think Cesc is a good call. Costa will be chelseas #1 forward and 27 goals last season in la liga says it all really. He will also displace hazard on spot kicks. I think hazard will suffer a big drop and between him and cesc in the hole cesc is better value.

Nuegent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo

Wouldnt fancy Hazard myself, poor finish to last season including being singled out for the CL exit which was followed up by an anonymous WC. Assuming Cesc nails down that No.10 role he should chip in with a decent number of goals and is an assist machine.....

Given the difficulty of the opening Leicester games Im thinking of going with Wickham to start the season and then switching to Nugent, agree though Nugent looks serious value.

if a player moves from one pl club to another can fpl bunk up their price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No, their price is set once the game goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ramsey was lethal running onto ozils through balls but sanchez has a 25-30% conversion rate. I dont think giroud will start. I will not be leaving sanchez out at any cost.

Rvp has hollow legs made out of glue and lollipop sticks. He has had one injury free season in years. Its not if but when he will break down. I think dzeko will outscore him over the season simply by playing.

I dont trust spurs till they have a settled team. Soldado is on pens so think he is the safest bet.

De jong is untested. Ajax are not PL standard, plus its newcastle, and their opening fixture is Man City. He is overpriced if anything but could come good. Same with tadic, but can downgrade if I have to.

Mata is a maybe but if he plays in his proper position he will be gold, can downgrade him and upgrade dzeko to Rooney but will keep an eye on preseason first to see what way the wind is blowing. I like dzeko though. He scores goals and is the starting striker with augerio.

Nugent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo
    I can't see any reason why Chelsea would take hazard off penos and I didn't watch Leicester last year but couldn't imagine nugent being on free kicks and corners. A lot of his goals last year were pens and I can't imagine him being prolific in the Prem he struggled to get his game last time with burnley. Leicester have also been chasing a Brighton striker for 7 million.

I can't see any reason why Chelsea would take hazard off penos and I didn't watch Leicester last year but couldn't imagine nugent being on free kicks and corners. A lot of his goals last year were pens and I can't imagine him being prolific in the Prem he struggled to get his game last time with burnley. Leicester have also been chasing a Brighton striker for 7 million.

Nugent was also a massive failure at Pompey after a 6 million move. I wouldn't have much faith in him to be honest.

Most potential line-ups I've seen for Chelsea have Fabregas playing back as part of the sitting two midfielders alongside Matic with Hazard, Willian and Oscar ahead of them in a 4-2-3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Most potential line-ups I've seen for Chelsea have Fabregas playing back as part of the sitting two midfielders alongside Matic with Hazard, Willian and Oscar ahead of them in a 4-2-3-1.

If we/I learned anything from last season it's that this shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Ramsey/Yaya 2.0 who will move further forward later in games if a goal is needed and make runs into the box from deep earlier in games too.

And boy did I learn that the hard way.

If we/I learned anything from last season it's that this shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Ramsey/Yaya 2.0 who will move further forward later in games if a goal is needed and make runs into the box from deep earlier in games too.

And boy did I learn that the hard way.

I'd be wary with Chelsea though. Mourinho is alot more defensive and rigid than most managers.

I'd be wary with Chelsea though. Mourinho is alot more defensive and rigid than most managers.

That's true, but that also offers up the +point bonus for a midfielder cleansheet too, am I right? You're almost gauranteed to be making points off the 90mins + clean sheet with Chelsea, as opposed to 90mins alone with another midfielder.

With Fabregas at 9m, would Mata be a better option? Does a team need a Chelsea midfielder in it?

That's true, but that also offers up the +point bonus for a midfielder cleansheet too, am I right? You're almost gauranteed to be making points off the 90mins + clean sheet with Chelsea, as opposed to 90mins alone with another midfielder.

With Fabregas at 9m, would Mata be a better option? Does a team need a Chelsea midfielder in it?

I'm giving Hazard a go myself. He tapered off towards the end of last season but he was unplayable in some matches.

I'm giving Hazard a go myself. He tapered off towards the end of last season but he was unplayable in some matches.

He had a very, very poor world cup. It's a big risk spending the 10m on him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement