Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muamba Injury Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I know it hasn't been discussed in the media too much for reasons of sensitivity, but do people think he'll play football again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I know it hasn't been discussed in the media too much for reasons of sensitivity, but do people think he'll play football again?

Would be some story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

PeterTwo wrote: »

I'm no expert at all but he might play some football, just not at the level he used to. It'd be amazing if he managed to line out for Bolton again sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Owen Coyle saying Muamba might be resuming full time training soon :pac:
    Delighted for him :) would be some story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Owen Coyle saying Muamba might be resuming full time training soon :pac:
    Delighted for him :) would be some story!

That would be incredible.

Surely would be the first person to have a career in professional football (sport even?) after suffering a heart attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hearing reports of another player collapsing playing in Serie B today.

Marco Pomante is his name but he is supposed to be conscious when arriving at hospital.

hope for good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

amiable wrote: »
    Hearing reports of another player collapsing playing in Serie B today.

Marco Pomante is his name but he is supposed to be conscious when arriving at hospital.

hope for good news

He lost consciousness after a tackle according to tuttosport. Whiplash.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    He lost consciousness after a tackle according to tuttosport. Whiplash.

Didn't know that. The report I heard was that there were no players around him.

Attending tomorrow night's game by all accounts. What a reception he'll get. Some story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tears of joy being able to walk out on that pitch.

Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just saw his interview. Had tears in my eyes!

Thought his english would have been a bit better though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Here's a link to him walking out on the pitch. Very emotional. Great to see him being able to walk out like that though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17928278

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Saw something on the news last night about a Dutch player who has a defibulator implanted which gives him a shock if his heart stops. Showed him collapsing on the field, getting a shock and sitting up as if everything was fine. Amazing.

Seems like a Defibulator is the difference between life and death in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Saw something on the news last night about a Dutch player who has a defibulator implanted which gives him a shock if his heart stops. Showed him collapsing on the field, getting a shock and sitting up as if everything was fine. Amazing.

Seems like a Defibulator is the difference between life and death in these situations.

Any link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Any link to that?

I'll look for it later, youtube not allowed at work.

Saw it on BBC or SKY news, one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Any link to that?

It was on SSN afik..

Im not sure if he was playing in dutch or belgian league though..

you could see him getting shocked and his whole body "jump" when lying on the pitch.

awesome to see him get up off his own accord:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Any link to that?

Google Anthony Van Loo

Fabrice Muamba a special guest at the FWA awards tonight.
    Greeted by RVP in the picture below
    https://twitter.com/#!/henrychappell/status/198126117159313408/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sad to hear of his retirement. Possibly for the best imo. I'm sure he'll still be involved in football in some shape or form. Wish him the best.

It's sad to see a player retire yes but in this instance it could have been a whole lot worse. Wish him all the very best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hope he can go into coaching or stay in the game in some role, very lucky to be alive and its probably for the best that he stays off the pitch and keeps his health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

JokerD wrote: »

Very sad about Muamba and very sad you depend on The Sun for your news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

murpho999 wrote: »
    Very sad about Muamba and very sad you depend on The Sun for your news.

Was that really necessary? What harm if he took this story from The Sun? I'm sure they're not reporting it any differently to anyone else.

It's sad for him to have to retire but he's very very lucky to be alive at all. Had it happened anywhere else than where it did he could well be dead now. Should have already banked enough money that that won't be an issue for the time being either, and I'm sure Bolton might offer him a gig coaching the youths or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Was that really necessary? What harm if he took this story from The Sun? I'm sure they're not reporting it any differently to anyone else.

It's sad for him to have to retire but he's very very lucky to be alive at all. Had it happened anywhere else than where it did he could well be dead now. Should have already banked enough money that that won't be an issue for the time being either, and I'm sure Bolton might offer him a gig coaching the youths or something.

Don't want to derail thread but a lot of football supporters should know a particular reason to have nothing to do with The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Don't want to derail thread but a lot of football supporters should know a particular reason to have nothing to do with The Sun.

yeah, a pathetic reason imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

quarryman wrote: »
    yeah, a pathetic reason imo.
    How so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Google it then and stop being so precious.

Advertisement