Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything I can do?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just looking for a bit of advice! I had an accident at work over the weekend and as a result I have 7 stitches right across the palm of my hand!
    It now means that I can't do any of the weights etc that I would usually do in the gym as I can't put any pressure on it!
    Does anybody have and ideas of movements I could still do without weight being put directly onto my hand? I was thinking squats will still be ok, anything else?
    Stitches have to stay in for 14 days so I'd like to keep doing something, even if it's not much, during that time!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

You can do pull ups with arm slings so that you are just using your lats to lift yourself.. I'd say they are tough though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Planks
    Drop jumps
    Lunges
    If the pec deck has the pads at the inside of your elbow, you could get some of that into you.

But it's difficult to get upper body work done if you can't put pressure on the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Just think of it as an opportunity to focus on legs, abs and cardio. Get back on the upper body stuff in a couple of weeks when its healed up.
    Pistol squats, squats, leg press, bw lunges, planks,almost all ab work,Leg extension, leg curls.
    Do high rep circuits so you can still train regularly. Mix it up between abs and HIIT cardio session, and legs on another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd probably just take a break. You might end up injuring yourself more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have to agree, take the time to recharge. It'll be hard but worth it when you're nicely healed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

KTRIC wrote: »
    Have to agree, take the time to recharge. It'll be hard but worth it when you're nicely healed.

Think you might be right lads! Ill definetly give it a week anyway, I don't want sweat getting into it and causing an infection or something!
    Cheers for the replies everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Skuxx wrote: »
    I don't want sweat getting into it and causing an infection or something!

Excuses excuses!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Skuxx wrote: »
    Think you might be right lads! Ill definetly give it a week anyway, I don't want sweat getting into it and causing an infection or something!
    Cheers for the replies everyone!

I'd be more worried about the filth in your average gym to be honest. ;)

Advertisement