Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Perfect" Mobility template!

• 21-10-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

This one has been bugging me for a while! Anyone unfortunate enough to know me IRL :P knows I'm a broken down crock but they also know I don't quit & I'm always looking for ways to improve & fix myself! I also overthink & get bogged down on subjects!

Anyway, in training, being fixed & fixing myself I still haven't come across a template I'm sold on for the masses (Yes I know everyone is different & need to work on some parts more than others, this is a lay mans everyday general guide I'd like to come up with). The idea is for people to stop chasing pain & working the same spots over while neglecting everywhere else!

This is separate to training specific mobility/prehab/rehab work!

I'm currently using:
    Monday - Feet,ankles,Lower leg
    Tuesday- Shoulder, arm & wrist
    Wednesday- Quads, external Hip rotators, lower back
    Thursday-
    Friday T-spine, Scapula & anterior neck work
    Saturday Chest, Lateral thorax

This work can be anything - e.g ball work, band work, foam roller, smashing, Partner assisted work etc. But I target those areas on those days to try & even everything out!

You'll notice Abs, glutes & Hamstrings are missing! I've a classic lower cross syndrome pattern & these are my weak areas which I'm focusing on strengthening x 3 times weekly (or when I get the chance).

Can anyone come up with anything better. Not for me but a general mobility template! Would people be better working a 10 session system, something a kin to rolfing technique (see below).

eg. of Rolfing structure

1-3 light general work
    sess 1: focuses on ribs, shoulders, and abdominal muscles (breathing)
    sess 2: Foot & lower leg
    sess 3:Lateral line Ankle to armpit work

4-7 Deeper work
    sess 4: Ankle to pelvic floor
    sess 5: Hip to chest
    sess 6: Posterior chain ankle to Shoulder work
    sess 7: Shoulder to head

8-10 Integrated work
    sess 8: Upper body - overall work
    sess 9: Lower body - overall work
    sess 10: full body

(Edit: I'm not big on Rolfing as I know feck all about it, I just came across the template while reading)

Wash rinse repeat!

Do you guys think 1 system will work better than another? Is there a perfect order of releases that you've come across? Or is it just a case of make sure you hit everywhere at some stage?

Discuss :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

There's a meme in here somewhere... Good guy modest Powerlifter - claims glutes,hams, and abs are weak areas / can squat 300kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

discus wrote: »
    There's a meme in here somewhere... Good guy modest Powerlifter - claims glutes,hams, and abs are weak areas / can squat 300kg

Uhm???:confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Too much time on everything, not enough time on anything would be my initial thought?

I think of it like training cycles - this month in focusing on tricep/forearm tissue quality and internal/external rotation patterns and spending approx 20min day on em.

Issues are clearing up quick cos of dedicate focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Keep it simple. I leave a lacrosse ball in the kitchen and everytime I put the kettle on I roll the sh1t out of my shoulders. It has now become a habit.
    Mobility =habit=win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

you know who would love this....................Will.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement