Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see we are 5/2 with the bookies to make top 4 next season. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Add 15m for Carroll to incoming money as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It's drifting a good bit so.

Were 13/8 two weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pretty small odds, considering Suarez is almost certain to go. And we could have a new keeper and CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The odds on Liverpool ever doing anything are always the least in touch with reality

I don't mean that in the sense that top 4 is unrealistic, but in the sense that when it comes to Liverpool, too many back with their hearts, not their heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Didnt some guy pit 25k e/w on us to finish top 4 last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

So what happens if Suarez doesn't come back? (i mean that he comes back and is sold, not just refusing to return)

In hindsight, does anyone think the bite on Ivanovic was to get himself banned for the opening of next season in order to push through a move? It's a horrid thought, but one I wouldn't put past him.

Considering the contract he is under, and the performances he has put in, to accept anything less that what we got for Torres would be ludicrous.

I'm all for not keeping someone who wants out, but at the same time, he is our asset whether it be in the market or on the pitch, and either or we need to benefit greatly from him.

Should he not move, just what kind of sanctions will he receive for his actions thus far in the media? I presume its safe to take some of the media coverage as accurate? I don't understand why he would go to the media like this, and stil have the anfield massive saying that they haven't heard any of this? It just doesn't add up. While I understand it could be likened to having a job interview on the sly while working for another company, but still..it just all seems a little odd..

I can't for the life of me work it out.

Also, I do not believe Reina is going anywhere. After Gerrard and Agger he is the third captain. This is being confused by the apparent developments in a deal with Mingolet. Isn't it possible that we just want to finally have healthy rivalry for the number one spot? United have this with Lindegaard being a keeper you wouldn't be afraid to start in a big game. Spurs have this, and to a degree Chelsea, as Turnbull is a fantastic supporting keeper.

I think there are going to be a few shocks and surprises during this window, but they might not all be as bad for LFC as the majority might think. Suarez to stay, Reina to stay, and for us to strengthen with a few players who unfortunately will be considered coups. The sad thing is we are depending on our history to get such players. A club of our stature is literally just that. A club with stature which is dwindling every year with new competitors challenging to be a notch above us.

This summer, if we can keep Suarez and Reina and get some of these coup signings it really has to work.

Finally, I wish people would stop considering Toure as a bad piece of business. We just lost carra. A man with vast experience on and off the pitch and with that a huge amount of leadership has left the dressing room. Toure has captained at the highest level and this is what we need back in the dressing room. A wise head on shoulders to marshall the young ones coming up through the ranks, allowing the experienced peak players to concentrate on playing. Toure will get games, but this will be limited by Agger being fit and presumably a new cb replacing Skrtel. Coates might just be kept on to play along side Toure in the cups and to gain experience from him there. The big problem is now having no europa to blood these players.

I don't know if these is a rant of more just the stream of consciousness which goes on in my head regarding LFC.

Some players we've been linked with I've never heard of, but they seem to be steps in the right direction from others assessments. There is of course now the reason to air cautious optimism. This year has to be the big push. What worries me now is that even in the best case scenario we are going to be weakened by the loss of Suarez and what is looking like Sturridge too for the opener. Borini has talent, but hitting the ground running this year is more important than ever...

Anyway, thats just my post after not posting in quite some time. Boom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He bit ivanovic thinking we would sack him.

Club stood by him, now its plan b and not so suttle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The club can deny it...but given how little he has featured in the promotion of the new jersey they are most likely well aware of his desires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

40 posts and nobody has said it?
    Our year.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Add 15m for Carroll to incoming money as well.

Damn.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

klose wrote: »
    Technically toure isint officially signed yet either, his and aspas deals are in place but cant officially become an lfc player till july 1st i believe

Well I think toure is the only one that's a done deal and waiting for 1st of July. Aspas basically done but some FA red tape holding that up at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great free kick goal from Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Please don't go Luis :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Here is more on the news that Sky Sports sources understand Liverpool are holding talks over a potential £9million deal for Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet. It is believed the Belgium international will not sign a new contract at the Stadium of Light and wants to leave in order to boost his 2014 World Cup ambitions.

-- That was on Sky Sports transfer feed. You'd hardly think Mignolet would be coming to play second fiddle to Reina based on that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Getting the ins sorted before the outs this window it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    Getting the ins sorted before the outs this window it seems.

Its better than Andy Carroll mk II situation I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

1371426616618.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great free kick goal from Suarez.

He shouldn't go to Real....'Ronnie' won't let him take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

jenno86 wrote: »
    1371426616618.gif

:(:(:(

What's the latest on Luis Alberto? I think Marca were saying it looks like a foregone conclusion he'll be playing for us next season. But I don't know how much trust to put into a Marca story even if it doesn't involve Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mickalus wrote: »
    -- That was on Sky Sports transfer feed. You'd hardly think Mignolet would be coming to play second fiddle to Reina based on that.

I don't see why not, for the sake of a year. It's a massive step up for a player like Mignolet.

He'd be a fool to turn it down - it's not like we're getting him as backup. He'll be our number 1 (assuming he performs). It just might not be next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Luis has been flapping his lips again about his desire to move, no surprise there. The Mirror are linking us with Alvaro Morotta as a part exchange. Probably crap since it's The Mirror, but is he any good?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-luis-suarezs-1956957

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Luis has been flapping his lips again about his desire to move, no surprise there. The Mirror are linking us with Alvaro Morotta as a part exchange. Probably crap since it's The Mirror, but is he any good?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-luis-suarezs-1956957

Massively rated. Has scored 4 goals in 4 games in the u21 euros.

Does anyone know if the u20 world cup is on TV? Want to have a gander at Spain and England's games and see how the lads get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I've no doubt he contributed a certain amount, I'm just saying that to me 7 goals, 4 assists and defending some corners doesn't warrant a pay increase to 100k a week. If West Ham fans think they're getting a good deal, they're welcome to their opinion. I personally think it's madness.

No player in the league deserves the wages they get, how far does this debate go?.

Carroll will get what his value is to West Ham or West Ham will not pay it, basically playing a major part in keeping them above a danger area that can cost a club 30-50m if they fall into it. People need to be able to differentiate between what they personally feel about the player and what his value is to what Allardyce is trying to achieve for his employer, its that simple.

El Spearo wrote: »
    In hindsight, does anyone think the bite on Ivanovic was to get himself banned for the opening of next season in order to push through a move? It's a horrid thought, but one I wouldn't put past him.

I said at the time there was something off about that whole incident. I can't remember exactly what it was but hadn't Suarez just equalised or put Liverpool ahead in the few minutes beforehand? Otherwise it was the definition of a "moment of madness".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't see why not, for the sake of a year. It's a massive step up for a player like Mignolet.

He'd be a fool to turn it down - it's not like we're getting him as backup. He'll be our number 1 (assuming he performs). It just might not be next season.

Wtf is this crap?

How the holy hell would moving to a team with an established goalkeeper, who is very, very good, increase his chances of getting to play as #1 for his country in the WC?

Are you for real here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wtf is this crap?

How the holy hell would moving to a team with an established goalkeeper, who is very, very good, increase his chances of getting to play as #1 for his country in the WC?

Are you for real here?

Any need for the insults. Can't you just make a post that disagrees with the post without the faux rage?.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

jenno86 wrote: »
    1371426616618.gif

That was alright... Pirlo's was better :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    On the money side, and this is without other potentials like Skrtel, Reina, Coates, etc, if Suarez goes and we get those we are heavily linked with, business looks like this roughly:

Out: Suarez £40m (if he goes I think it'll be for around this amount)
    Skrtel £10m
    Reina £12m
    Coates £4m
    Total: £66m

In: Aspas £8m
    Alberto £6m
    Mkhitaryan £20m
    Toure Free
    Ilori £4m
    Mingolet £10m
    Centre Back £20m
    Total £68m

I've included some other possible outgoings as well if we get the incoming players, and without any other business we are pretty much breakeven. There may be a capacity to spend another £15m on someone I reckon, especially if the likes of Downing goes for 6-8m as well. Chances are as well that if the above happens, along with Carra out, the wages will be a decent chunk lower as well. One way or another though, I can't see all the rumoured inclings happening without Suarez leaving. If we take his fee out, and even include Downing out as well, that would still be a £30m+ outlay which I can't see being sanctioned, even with all the extra revenue.

Edit: After all that, I forgot about Carroll as money in probably. With that it makes the other signings possible without losing Suarez I guess, but I would rate him very unlikely to remain, with only no one will to pony up the cash as the only reason he will still be there at which time he will backtrack somewhat I'd say.

I posted something similar last week. Taking Suarez out of that equation (and ignoring the keepers, which is basically a swap in terms of value), we can do all the business we need gfor £25M, which was the original kitty that was suggested. I included Downing in the outgoings, I figure he'd be lucky to be on the bench this year, unless he's covering for LB! And if one of the reasons Reina is leavnig is cause of his wages, well there is another reason to let him go.

If all comes to all, the only existing players on really big money will be Stevie, to a lesser extend Glenjo. I don't think Dagger, Lucas or the new guys would be on nearly that wedge, maybe with all incentive added in. MkH will probably be in that bracket as well.

That'd be an impressive summer for £25M - or 5/7ths of a Carroll...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement