Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cod liver oil

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Am taking 1 tablet a day sometimes 2 for my knees.used to do a bit of running but sore knees ment I switched to my bike for exercising.Am wondering if I can safely take 3 or 4 a day.They recommend 1 a day and each tablet contains,
    Cod liver oil 1000mg
    Epa 110mg
    Dha 100mg
    Total omega3 fatty acids 240mg

Got them in Holland and barrats.I dont know anything about supplements but cost is an issue.sorry if this has been done already.thanks for all your advice, Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scoooby

I know little about this but there have been concerns raised this year that too much fish oil can have adverse affects. Just Google 'Fish oil warnings 2013'. There an interesting article on the harvard.edu site that Google throws up (along with the comments below it).

I hear also that the quality of the fish oil can be a concern.

Yeah, I know - advice on all kinds of foods seems to change regularly, like how many eggs one should eat per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

scoooby wrote: »
    I know little about this but there have been concerns raised this year that too much fish oil can have adverse affects. Just Google 'Fish oil warnings 2013'. There an interesting article on the harvard.edu site that Google throws up (along with the comments below it).

I hear also that the quality of the fish oil can be a concern.

Yeah, I know - advice on all kinds of foods seems to change regularly, like how many eggs one should eat per week.

Have heard about fish oils alright and cancer scares.I have also heard about lads taking 5 and 6 times the recommended dosage.I wouldnt mind taking a few a day as my diet is poor but I dont want to end up in a worse state.Thanks for the info Scooby

Advertisement