Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Maidana 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

What's up with Mayweather eating McDonald's food?

They have pictures on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What's up with Mayweather eating McDonald's food?

Hunger?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Hi guys I've been out of the loop a bit lately....so is Chino using the Powerlock or the other ones (MX?) can't remember the ones he uses? Wasnt a big big debate over this in the run up to the first one then I heard Garcia say Chino will use Powerlock....? Whats the latest?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Hi guys I've been out of the loop a bit lately....so is Chino using the Powerlock or the other ones (MX?) can't remember the ones he uses? Wasnt a big big debate over this in the run up to the first one then I heard Garcia say Chino will use Powerlock....? Whats the latest?

Everlast Powerlock. Mayweather refuses to let him wear horsehair gloves.

Ridiculous state of affairs really. The commission should just have a list of approved gloves and that should be the end of it. It shouldn't even be an option for the A-side to pull this sort of nonsense.

Wow I thought this would have been one of THE things that Chino would have insisted on when signing the contract...its funny....maybe a bad example but imagine Iker Casillas refusing to allow Messi use Nike boots...I don't get boxing sometimes. As you said Henno, MX are approved by the boxing council so howw is FMJ allowed to dictate- champ or not!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

the gloves are still undecided it is between Chino's Management and Mayweather promotions. I think the gloves are a side issue to create a distraction that fight will be competitive. Part of me thinks Mayweather will school him like the later rounds in the 1st fight. Another part of me thinks Chino has longer to prepare without his family distractions. i remember Mayweather said Tony Weeks will never ref his fights again as he let chino bully him. I think the ref will be a big part to play in this fight like Joe Cortez in the Hatton fight.

Re the MCD's food this is just hype BS Floyd stole off Ricky H," look at me I eat sh1t food just like you fat slobs " to increase his appeal to fans etc.

Part of me wants to belive Chino can win (like Donegal vs Dublin) but my head says Mayweather will like Germany in this years WC

Wow I thought this would have been one of THE things that Chino would have insisted on when signing the contract...its funny....maybe a bad example but imagine Iker Casillas refusing to allow Messi use Nike boots...I don't get boxing sometimes. As you said Henno, MX are approved by the boxing council so howw is FMJ allowed to dictate- champ or not!

Well the nature of boxing is that the side with the money behind them can demand whatever they want. The A-side can find another opponent if it comes to it, and when it comes down to it the B-side can't just walk away. They can't afford to. Nor can they usually afford to pass up whatever bribe the A-side offers them to go along with it.

It's pathetic really, but what made Mayweather's stunt even worse was that he didn't even make a point of it during negotiations. He brought it up 24hrs before the fight. And not only would he not let Maidana choose his own gloves, he stipulated the pair of gloves that Maidana had to wear.

The point is it shouldn't even be an option, either in negotiations or as a last minute stunt. Only in boxing would such a loophole exist. It's just another way in which lesser name fighters can be exploited by those who have more money. In a properly organised sport it wouldn't be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mayweather has a reputation for dodging, rightly or wrongly. Maidana's people should have used this and insisted on their gloves in a take it or leave it kind of way. Floyd would come off a lot worse in the public eye...."He's scared of us, the gloves are his excuse" etc etc. Floyd is so wrapped up in his ego that he would acquiesce for sure.

Kirby wrote: »
    Mayweather has a reputation for dodging, rightly or wrongly. Maidana's people should have used this and insisted on their gloves in a take it or leave it kind of way. Floyd would come off a lot worse in the public eye...."He's scared of us, the gloves are his excuse" etc etc. Floyd is so wrapped up in his ego that he would acquiesce for sure.

Take it or leave it hurts nobody but Maidana and his team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Hey interesting point/question I just read regarding demands and what-not...who was the A-side in 2010?In ye're opinion.

• Advertisement

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Hey interesting point/question I just read regarding demands and what-not...who was the A-side in 2010?In ye're opinion.

2010? With whom?

Pac/May

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Pac/May

Both fighters were global names at that time. Both had huge followings and were pretty much equal. Mayweather did not want the fight. Simple as that.

ya agreed.silly question.And then the Bob Arum thing 5 yrs later.Then again Pac resigned.Is it true Arum is shafting him.Could he really be that stupid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Golovkin p4p best

walshb wrote: »
    Hunger?

The way he goes on about his health one would think he'd shun all fast food.

The way he goes on about his health one would think he'd shun all fast food.

I really don't think the occasional burger and chips is gonna' hurt. And even if it's more than occasional it's clear that it is not hurting. He's still p4p number 1. Eat in moderation, and what makes you happy is good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Mayweather wasnt himself in the last fight his ex fiance miss jackson had gone off with nelly the rapper and had aborted his baby his mind could not of been 100%, I think hes just gonna pop shot maidana all night with that straight right.

The possibility of seeing maywether on the canvas just once in his career is enough for me to tune in though.

Mayweather wasnt himself in the last fight his ex fiance miss jackson had gone off with nelly the rapper and had aborted his baby his mind could not of been 100%, I think hes just gonna pop shot maidana all night with that straight right.

The possibility of seeing maywether on the canvas just once in his career is enough for me to tune in though.

He's just too good for anything like that to happen but as someone mentioned in an earlier post I still think that overhand right will give him some shakey moments cos Maidana stoops low and digs in and has that swinging down.The guy has barely been touched during his career and yet he knew exactly what to do when Mosley shook him twice in their fight. But yeah...WAR CHINO!!/Frampton

Maidana has got sharper and has upped his tempo under Garcia I think. He's still basically the same fighter but there's a bit more efficiency about him now.

There are two major issues for him in this fight really. Can he sustain intelligent pressure beyond the half-way point and into the late rounds this time. And can he prevent Mayweather from holding him on the inside. If he fails on either of those fronts he doesn't have much of a chance.

• Advertisement

I'd fuc&^%g love to see Maidana KO Mayweather....

pac_man wrote: »
    Mayweather has another lawsuit against him for alleged domestic abuse from his previous fiancée. If it's true, I hope he's taking to the cleaners.

just selling more PVV is all..

I don't see Chino bringing anything new to the fight...Reckon FM has him figured out already. I think Chino will get schooled from very early on this time.
    BUT would love to see Chino connect flush with one of those slugger shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Uiseabhi

I fly out tomorrow for the fight. I was at first one 2 and have seen Maidana train since in his camp, I Believe Maidana will win it by stoppage. I think this is one step 2 far for Floyd. If Maidana controlls early like he did but paces and reserves and picks his shots it will be sufficient as Floyd wil be hoping to finish off a tired Maidana in the late rounds or get the decision on the back of some strong rounds.

Either way it makes for a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Really not much in the way of hype for this one. I'll watch it anyway but I would see a very similar version of the first fight to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Didn't realise this one was so close, kinda snuck up on me.

Maidana can cause problems, the first fight proves this. Until anything changes though, you have to bet on the Mayweather decision.

Interested to see who has adapted more since the first fight, money can't live forever and Maidana got to him early in the first fight. I'm intrigued

pac_man wrote: »
    Lucky you.I'd imagine the atmosphere on a Mayweather fight week is good crack.How much were the tickets?

I paid 1300 dollars. I go over for this weekend and stay till Conor Mcgregor fights Dustin Poirier. Holiday of a life time, have to sell me All ireland final tickets though.

weemcd wrote: »
    Didn't realise this one was so close, kinda snuck up on me.

Maidana can cause problems, the first fight proves this. Until anything changes though, you have to bet on the Mayweather decision.

Interested to see who has adapted more since the first fight, money can't live forever and Maidana got to him early in the first fight. I'm intrigued

Only issue for me is if Chino pushes the issue to early he needs to stand and fight pick his punches wisely then take it floyd in the 8 9 and 10 and it will damage him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

Uiseabhi wrote: »
    I fly out tomorrow for the fight. I was at first one 2 and have seen Maidana train since in his camp, I Believe Maidana will win it by stoppage. I think this is one step 2 far for Floyd. If Maidana controlls early like he did but paces and reserves and picks his shots it will be sufficient as Floyd wil be hoping to finish off a tired Maidana in the late rounds or get the decision on the back of some strong rounds.

Either way it makes for a great fight.

Think Floyd will win this very handily imo,i'd love to believe Maidana would beat him to be honest,but i can't see it and i know Floyd usually decisions his fights,but i think he will coast this fight so handily he will probably finish Maidana off,can see this fight going a bit like the Gatti one to be honest.

Think the first fight he wasn't really focused early on and then coasted an easy decision close enough but he won it clearly enough though,this fight will be a walkover i think.

Advertisement