Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reupholstering boat cushions / seating

Options
  • 13-10-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi does anyone know where I can get cushions / seating for a Ruffian re-covered (saltwater proof covering!)?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi anniebaloo and welcome, what part of the country are you as there are quite a few around also a standard upholstery service should be able to do it for you a bit cheeper just insist the use stainless steal staples and a marine grade vinyl or if you want to have a go at doing it your self I might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anniebaloo

Hi fergal.b thanks for speedy reply an d really kind offer of help! I'm in Dublin, haven't got the time (OR TALENT!) to do it myself so want to get it done professionally. It's a pressie for the other half and want to surprise him!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Now thats a pressie I can relate to :) good for you. I haven't used these but I hear that they are very good. http://nolanautocare.ie/marine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anniebaloo

Thanks fergal.b, you're a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nedkelly111

Fergal B,

Came across your Malahini(?) construction, then your next boat photos.
    Gives me great hope; Fair play to ye, they are beautiful. Ive just started a Ski tow, got all the frames made and mounted on the form , after staring at the plans in fear for a month or two!
    Whats the biggest piece of advice; or what shoul I watch out for? Where could I hope to get a mercury like the one on your first boat?

• Advertisement

Fergal B,

Came across your Malahini(?) construction, then your next boat photos.
    Gives me great hope; Fair play to ye, they are beautiful. Ive just started a Ski tow, got all the frames made and mounted on the form , after staring at the plans in fear for a month or two!
    Whats the biggest piece of advice; or what shoul I watch out for? Where could I hope to get a mercury like the one on your first boat?

Hi nedkelly and welcome it's great to have another builder onboard :)

Best bit of advice I can give is to start your own thread and we will take it from there.
    As to where to get an engine like that your best bet would be my shed :D

Advertisement