But Where Did The Den Categories Go? [Off Topic Chat] - Page 630 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2016, 13:52   #9436
LoonyLovegood
#firstworldproblems

I HAVE ACCESS TO BOARDS AGAIN! It's been a week...I've had to do college work.
Advertisement
26-01-2016, 14:53   #9437
wnolan1992

I'd assume the captcha is a measure against the DDoS attacks recently. You're probably getting 'em 'cos your IP is (I'm assuming) outside of Eire.
26-01-2016, 20:23   #9438
pajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnolan1992 View Post
I'd assume the captcha is a measure against the DDoS attacks recently. You're probably getting 'em 'cos your IP is (I'm assuming) outside of Eire.
Why yeeees. I guessed as much that was the reason. Site wasn't displaying properly on either the computer or phone either

Who calls it Eire though?
27-01-2016, 08:42   #9439
MauraTheThird

Got offered 16 interviews for my intern placement next year which is both great (people must think I'm alright!) and terrifying because 16 interviews is a hella lot to sort out :O
27-01-2016, 19:48   #9440
LostBoy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauraTheThird View Post
Got offered 16 interviews for my intern placement next year which is both great (people must think I'm alright!) and terrifying because 16 interviews is a hella lot to sort out :O
What course you doing? looks like IT related to me 'cause that's an awful lot.
Advertisement
27-01-2016, 22:55   #9441
Jhcx

Ive always been in the middle of my family between being British & Irish. and while ive lived here in this country for many years now in fact being brought up here i still will always hold that loyalty to being a subject of HM. I cant say i resent living here. In fact i really like this country if it would just get off the chair put down the mug of tea and feckin do some more productive work. Like Being a small nation doesn't help. but Being a small nation allows us to build the best infrastructure to prepare for the future growth. Like when you look at Denmark one of the greatest countries on the planet and there not much bigger than us at 5.4m really does boil down to the people who are motivated to run this country. which i think at the rate were going we will need to recruit someone better like they do in airlines. Because the Irish certainly arent getting anywhere. Im not a political person. i just feel helpless that nothing is happening for this country and it doesnt matter who i vote for at the end of the day my voice wont be heard, and my money will only go into the back pocket of the gobeen that was voted in to run the country instead of the vital infrastructure needed to support the citizens.

I seriously dont know what this is or how it came about so i cant tell if its a rant of a true cry from my heart ha ha.
Thanks from:
27-01-2016, 23:37   #9442
Junco Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhcx View Post
Im not a political person. i just feel helpless that nothing is happening for this country and it doesnt matter who i vote for at the end of the day my voice wont be heard,
That's kind of the attitude that allows the situation to continue. If the majority of people take no interest in politics because they feel their vote won't change anything then nothing actually will change. The card carrying members of the establishment parties (ff/fg/Labour) are always going to vote in force.
Things don't change because voter turnout is always so poor. The same old parties will get in.
People aren't politically active then in non election times either. People grin and bear it.

New parties get demonized in the national media and the public take them at their word.

This country is a shambles because the younger demographic don't care enough to get involved.
which is confusing because they turn out in force for the token causes like the marriage referendum last year(not that gay rights are trivial, far from it. But solving one issue at a time isn't going to fix the system, there needs to be a brand new roster in the dail.)

The kardashians Donald trump and Oscar rascism rows get more interest from the 18-34 demographic.

Last edited by Junco Partner; 28-01-2016 at 00:50.
28-01-2016, 09:07   #9443
MauraTheThird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoy101 View Post
What course you doing? looks like IT related to me 'cause that's an awful lot.
Pharmacy- we have to do an intern year as a part of our course to get our Masters and to sit the registry exam but 16 is both fantastic and scary
29-01-2016, 20:25   #9444
wnolan1992

Speaking of Pharmacy...

One of the guys I went to school with has his career on Facebook as "Marketing at Pharmacist"... Gotta admit, it took a few seconds, but I couldn't help but smile when it dawned on me...
Advertisement
29-01-2016, 20:32   #9445
MauraTheThird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnolan1992 View Post
Speaking of Pharmacy...

One of the guys I went to school with has his career on Facebook as "Marketing at Pharmacist"... Gotta admit, it took a few seconds, but I couldn't help but smile when it dawned on me...
Educated Drug Dealer??
04-02-2016, 17:27   #9446
pajor

Finally.. No more captcha when loading boards.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion