Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 4 Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Just finished watching the game there and im absolutely sickened.

2 things really stood out for me.

1. Detroits secondary kept giving up big plays whens they had the seahawks under pressure. They blitzed rarely because there front 4 was getting to wilson regularly but this is wat i dont get. If the D is sending 4 and the O is keeping the RB to pass protect then surely its 7v4 in favour of the D in the secondary no? If the detroit secondary performed half as well as the front 4 then wilson wouldve struggled to throw for 100 yards

2. This seahawks O needs a healthy Lynch back and quick. As a unit they have been so poor the last few games and although their defence will get them 6/7 wins on their own wilson needs some weapons. If he continues to try being a Johnny does everything then i wouldnt be surprised if they ended up 2-4 after the bengals and panthers games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chiefs @ Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks

Hoping to improve on 26-22

9-6 This week. 35-28 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chiefs @ Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks

Really just guessing with the Steelers, but even without Roethlisberger, they have to be better than the Ravens who have fallen off a cliff altogether.

If Cutler is back this weekend I'm changing my prediction in the Raiders Bears game to a Bears win. In his absence we don't have enough scores in us.

10-5 this week. 38-25 overall.
    EDIT: Goddamnit, forgot to change my Raiders prediction to Bears on CBS. Only 37 on that, a difference of four spots in the overall standings. Agh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chiefs @ Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks

9-6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    I'll change the Cowboys @ Saints prediction if Brees is a go but I'll edit that in due course.

Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks
    Paully D wrote: »
    Brees plays so changing my Cowboys pick to the Saints.

11-4 this week.

43-20 overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

poldebruin wrote: »

Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chiefs @ Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks

12-3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

must be nice being the seashawks, knowing that no matter what the refs will give you the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

must be nice being the seashawks, knowing that no matter what the refs will give you the decision

It's getting ridiculous at this stage. The Bears last week, the lolcats this week. But for years now their secondary have gotten away with PI and holding almost to the point that it's just how they play the game. No wonder they're so hard to play against. (They are my fantasy D though, so I'll allow it). There's no other team that benefits from reffing decisions so consistently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

adrian522 wrote: »
    Possibly the pick of the bunch (I'm on a phone so this is going to look messy)

Post 1: You're telling me it wasn't totally obvious that Wright did it intentionally?
    I agree that the result would be ticky-tack, but the ref’s have to enforce the rules.
    by djafrot on 10.05.15 10:09pm

Reply: You keep arguing the same thing. We understand you. We just disagree. Move on.
    by mattshu on 10.05.15 10:09pm

It's at the point where the sense of entitlement off chunks of their fan base is beyond laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

it really is criminal and I think that defends is beatable in the air if they don't have that advantage the killer is when you see very questionable hold calls being made against every other teams on a weekly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Lionbacker wrote: »
    but again the reason they lost was the refs, not for the first time when officiating a game involving Detroit.

Here's a decent illustation of what I was on about

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/6/9460281/lions-illegal-bat-nfl-rules-calvin-johnson-rule-cowboys-playoff-jim-schwartz?_ga=1.127067597.1307637033.1406574511

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chiefs @ Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos