Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Surreal situation here on TV in northern Indiana where after the bears game they cut to the colts, then announced that for contractual reasons they had to leave that game (in ot). It then cuts to a studio where the analysts are talking about the colts game AS IT HAPPENS but without actually allowing the footage. I mean if the next game hasn't started, just keep showing the ****ing colts game for a while! Surreal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rodgers is sexual

I love Rodgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hate and love this team in equal measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Rodgers just ****ed the whole pass rush at once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My ****ing god Rodgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

terrible flag there but we will take it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some bs calls in this green Bay game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Denver's D is so good.

This Broncos D is fantastic. I'm saying it every week.

• Advertisement

FG kicking in week 4 has been collectively the worst I can ever remember in a single week.

Foles is actually horrific. The Rams offense is complete turd.

What is it about Green Bay that makes Kaepernick just go ham on them? They can never contain him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Vance McDonald is a liability. Missing Davis bad and all as he has been.

Teddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,600 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow some turnaround in the Broncos/Vikings game in a short time. Broncos cruising at 13-3 and probably got a little greedy at the end of the half and they pay for it bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,178 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't think that was supposed to happen on 4th and 1, Denver :pac:

CQghKntWsAA8wnC.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Some effort by Barnidge

Absolutely delighted the Browns got beat in that fashion after pulling that last drive out of their arse as I had the Chargers -5.5, but hey, I'm not bitter :pac:

• Advertisement

Cracking end to Broncos game.

I'm done for the night anyway, gents. Enjoy the late games for anyone staying up.

Red Zone was much better this week with the games more evenly spread out. Lots of games coming down to the last play. A really enjoyable slate overall.
    Paully D wrote: »
    I'll change the Cowboys @ Saints prediction if Brees is a go but I'll edit that in due course.

Ravens @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Panthers @ Buccaneers
    Texans @ Falcons
    Jaguars @ Colts
    Giants @ Bills
    Raiders @ Bears
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Bengals
    Browns @ Chargers
    Vikings @ Broncos
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Packers @ 49ers
    Cowboys @ Saints
    Lions @ Seahawks

Brees plays so changing my Cowboys pick to the Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Knex. wrote: »
    This Broncos D is fantastic. I'm saying it every week.
    Yes it is - it has the potential to be the best in a while.

It shows the difference between Wade Phillips and Jack Del Rio as a DC - Phillips is basically using the same personel as JDR had last year but the difference in perdormance is day and night

Every Broncos fan knew JDR was not using the D to its potential last year and that could have been as big a factor in the Broncos failure to advance in the play-offs as anything else.

Kubiak, Dennison and Phillips have brought a toughness to this team that didn't exist under Fox, Gase and JDR - and that was the primary reason that Fox was sacked. If Fox was still the HC this Broncos team would not be 0-4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Every Broncos fan knew JDR was not using the D to its potential last year and that could have been as big a factor in the Broncos failure to advance in the play-offs as anything else.

Yes, lost in the furore about Peyton Manning's arm in that game against the Colts, was the defence's dismal display, and complete failure to generate any pass rush (indeed any pressure at all) on Luck all day. Incredible when you see what they are doing this year.

It's stating the obvious, but facing a team with an elite offense will be a different proposition, and the Broncos offense will need to get it's feet under themselves at some point to contend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Broncos D has been very impressive and are carrying the team right now. Manning's passing continues to deteriorate and some of the passes he continues to throw are simply atrocious. I find that a bit sad tbh and I really think he should have hung up his cleats after last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Manning's passing continues to deteriorate and some of the passes he continues to throw are simply atrocious. I find that a bit sad tbh and I really think he should have hung up his cleats after last season.

Yes, it is a great pity. I thought about it when I watched 40 y/o Matt Hasselback chucking the ball around yesterday - still plenty of arm strength left, and wondered how good Manning would be without the neck injury in 2010. Of course, without the injury he's still playing for the Colts and Andrew Luck is somewhere else entirely.

The limits on where he can throw the ball seem to be increasing with every passing week, and any throw out to the numbers leaves you with your heart in your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Caught up on a lot of the games on condensed view just now. A few points struck me:

- Everybody is saying it, but the Broncos D is playing lights out. First Vikings drive -> two sacks. Last Vikings drive -> two sacks.
    - I say it every week, but Dalton looks different this year. He has a number of targets, and a really, really good offensive line to protect him.
    - The Colts must be the luckiest team in football right now. That is two wins in a row, both games they should have lost.
    - I can't work out the NFC West. Apart from the fact that San Francisco aren't going anywhere until they get a new QB. Kap would be better if he was handed the ball by someone else and operated as a running back.
    - We seem to have way more missed field goals and special teams penalties than ever before.
    - What the hell is going on with the Houston defence? 27 points conceded on average a game, and their schedule has hardly been formidable.
    - Jameis Winston looks very scruffy. He needs to be a lot more careful. It was turnover city in those conditions in Tampa yesterday, but Cam showed a lot more poise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

As much as I don't like Denver could you imagine how unstoppable they would be with that D and an in prime Manning. As a Manning fan though it is a shame to see him struggle. As much as I hate to say it that Broncos D and that Offense deserve better right now. If Manning find some sort of form for the playoffs I would fear the Broncos. I fear them in the regular season but not worried if the Pats lose to them in the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Tough week to be a kicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

eagle eye wrote: »
    So you think the Redskins are bad, what does that say about the Eagles!?

Skins aren't bad though. Everyone bought into the media narrative that they're a mess because they benched RG3 even though the only think that was every going to do was improve them drastically.

Serious contenders in that division.

Advertisement