Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Cleaning Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

MarkR wrote: »
    12Pcs New Car Waxing Cleaning Sponge Polishing Pad For Clean Car Vehicle Foam

I can't comment on the quality yet, as I haven't used them. But they seem quite similar to the Meguiar's ones. I got them really quickly too.

Also, I'm nearly sure I saw this in dealz last week for 1.49.

Handy Sponges for waxing the wheels if nothing else.
    Think I will order a set or 3 to add to my collection
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I got ones like that before foc with other stuff. Nowhere near as good as the Meguiar's ones. They will flatten and cake quicker, but still reusable with some products. Grand for doing jobs on smaller surface areas and disposable at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Dont know if Id use them on paint work, but definately handy for doing wheels as Vectra said. Can think of a few others: exhausts, bumper trim, windows, interior plastics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

How many packs did people buy?

I've gone for 4, so I hope they're not terrible. :D

Worst case scenario I'll use a couple dozen on cleaning the engine bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bought 3.. :p

dar83 wrote: »

I've gone for 4, so I hope they're not terrible. :D

Worst case scenario I'll use a couple dozen on cleaning the engine bay.
    Bought 3.. :p

Bought 3 packs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Got 2 of these spray bottles in the euro2 shop (€2) might be handy for stuff that needs diluting...no idea the quality but looks solid enough :cool:

200237.JPG

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got 2 of these spray bottles in the euro2 shop (€2) might be handy for stuff that needs diluting...no idea the quality but looks solid enough :cool:

200237.JPG

You can get window cleaner etc in aldi for 89c I think, mad that it's cheaper than buying an empty bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Meguiars ones only $2.49, last time I bought these they were $2, and if you bought two packs the third was free. I bought about 20 packs :D

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4816
    p98193b.jpg

I much rather these for applying wax or sealants.
    p84684b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The evencoat applicators are brilliant. Much easier to use and don't give you cramps in your fingers if you're doing 2/3 cars a day like the normal applicators do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

You can get window cleaner etc in aldi for 89c I think, mad that it's cheaper than buying an empty bottle.

These are solid bottles and not the usual ones you get with window cleaner

If you stood on them they probably wouldn't bend!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

These are solid bottles and not the usual ones you get with window cleaner

If you stood on them they probably wouldn't bend!

Bought a pair of those today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Neilw wrote: »
    Meguiars ones only $2.49, last time I bought these they were $2, and if you bought two packs the third was free. I bought about 20 packs :D

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4816
    p98193b.jpg

I much rather these for applying wax or sealants.
    p84684b.jpg

From where, these guys seem to deliver USA only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

There's tons of cheap stuff on ebay with the right keywords. Free Shipping & Worldwide with a search of car clean brings up loads of cheap cloths and the like.

Nice looking towel here for £0.99.

Cheap clay bar for $5

Around 7EUR delivered for a synthetic wool mitt

Windscreen wipes for £1.10 [Free Shipping could be a mistake there though]

Big Sponge for £1.01. Could be good for wheels or under arches.

Magic Sponge for $1.50. Yeah.. not sure what this thing is but it has "Car Wash" in the title :D

Not really detailing but in a similar vein we have a "paintless dent removal" system for less than 7 euro delivered. This basically involves using hot glue to attach one of the pullers to the car then pulling it out with the screw and frame. It's a nice idea in theory but I did just go for it and managed to pull off a chunk of paint when removing the puller. Apparently it is best to use a glue remover in conjunction with this product :p.
    Best for cheap attempts at bangers. Wouldn't go near anything expensive with it!

Also a clear coat "repair" pen for $1.50. Thing could be useless but I did manage to mask some very light scuffs with one.

Redisle wrote: »
    There's tons of cheap stuff on ebay with the right keywords. Free Shipping & Worldwide with a search of car clean brings up loads of cheap cloths and the like.

Nice looking towel here for £0.99.

Cheap clay bar for $5

Around 7EUR delivered for a synthetic wool mitt

Windscreen wipes for £1.10 [Free Shipping could be a mistake there though]

Big Sponge for £1.01. Could be good for wheels or under arches.

Magic Sponge for $1.50. Yeah.. not sure what this thing is but it has "Car Wash" in the title :D

Not really detailing but in a similar vein we have a "paintless dent removal" system for less than 7 euro delivered. This basically involves using hot glue to attach one of the pullers to the car then pulling it out with the screw and frame. It's a nice idea in theory but I did just go for it and managed to pull off a chunk of paint when removing the puller. Apparently it is best to use a glue remover in conjunction with this product :p.
    Best for cheap attempts at bangers. Wouldn't go near anything expensive with it!

Also a clear coat "repair" pen for $1.50. Thing could be useless but I did manage to mask some very light scuffs with one.

I honestly think I wouldn't buy any of those.

12Pcs New Car Waxing Cleaning Sponge Polishing Pad For Clean Car Vehicle Foam

I can't comment on the quality yet, as I haven't used them. But they seem quite similar to the Meguiar's ones. I got them really quickly too.

Also, I'm nearly sure I saw this in dealz last week for 1.49.

These arrived yesterday actually

Actually forgot to post. Mine arrived 2 days ago.
    They look ok.

Still waiting on mine... Cork seems to have quicker Posties than Dublin these days..

• Advertisement

Still waiting for mine also (Dublin).

Vexorg wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine also (Dublin).

Sounds like they were on a boat from Asia to Cork so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

:eek:

i think i gave cleancar.ie a 5er for three of those lads year:eek:

Edit: Grrr...

http://www.cleancar.ie/yellowfoamwaxapplicatorsingle.html

I'll give a pack to your household.Haven't checked the quality yet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll give a pack to your household.Haven't checked the quality yet tbh.

They're crap for doing a car, but grand for doing a small area as previously said.

They really soak up what ever you're using and become slightly unusable. But they're perfect for odd jobs and i'd most certainly buy a few packs at that money.

That edge on them is really annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Well sucumbed and bought the foam pads, micro fiber wash mitts and micro fiber dring cloths. Have a bike and 2 cars to clean so these will go a way towards that. Will let you know how the micro fiber stuff works out but each item at a pound isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you need something to put all your cleaning stuff in,

http://www.arro.ie/products/stanley-mobile-work-center-1-93-968__sta193968.aspx

These are on sale in B&Q limerick for €22 they're big enough in the bottom box to store sprays and wax bottles standing up

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you need something to put all your cleaning stuff in,

http://www.arro.ie/products/stanley-mobile-work-center-1-93-968__sta193968.aspx

These are on sale in B&Q limerick for €22 they're big enough in the bottom box to store sprays and wax bottles standing up

Got one a while ago at that price, handy alright.Picked up one of these the other day,B+Q sell something similiar.

http://www.cleancar.ie/dodojuice-tooledupdetailersbag.html

Still waiting on mine... Cork seems to have quicker Posties than Dublin these days..

@dar83 - Did your sponges arrive yet? still waiting for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Mine arrived yesterday, I ordered them on the 16th April.

Advertisement