Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hip problems - what to do / where to go

• 14-02-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have had some problems with my hip for the last four years where if I walked approx a mile I would get soreness and tightness.Once I stopped it would disappear within minutes, until next time and the same again.I had x-rays done at the time which showed moderate wear and tear. Doc made appointment with orthopedic surgeon in Donegal. Still waiting on that appointment, just get a letter every so often to see if I'm still in need of one!

Anyway I'm now 42 and the situation has got a bit worse with soreness at different times, when cycling, even when resting.Went back to doc and he put me on anti inflammatory and has ordered fresh x-rays. We discussed going private to see about it. He said I'd be best to go to someone good when I'm paying and mentioned Cappagh.

My mother in law had shoulder surgery in the Santry sports clinic and speaks highly of it.

Can I ask you guys a few questions.

1. Where am I best to go, Cappagh , Santry or..... ?

2. What are the options with hip problems these days, replacement or are there alternatives?

3. Are there any natural supplements that are known to help?

4. I don't have medical insurance, it's well over 10 years since I pulled out of VHI. I guess I can't take out insurance now and be covered for this problem?

5. If the answer to 4 is I won't be covered are there any other options for some sort of cover?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Some of the surgeons in santry also work in cappagh

If you've no health insurance you'll have a five year wait for treatment for an existing condition if you take out a policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks for the reply. Will talk to the doc about cappagh / santry.

Guess I need an mri to see what the exact problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭easygoing1982

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Will talk to the doc about cappagh / santry.

Guess I need an mri to see what the exact problem is.

If your willing to go private maybe ask the doc to refer you to the likes of euromedic in Dundrum. Its €220 and my MRI was done 4 days after letter was sent and results back to GP 2 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

If your willing to go private maybe ask the doc to refer you to the likes of euromedic in Dundrum. Its €220 and my MRI was done 4 days after letter was sent and results back to GP 2 days later.

Thanks for the info. Yeah will need to go private.

Advertisement