Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excercise for Mom

• 12-02-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

My mom has type 2 diabetes and I hear excercise is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    I tell her to go for a walk outside but its in her nature not going outside by herself etc. I have school and other stuff that I cannot take time out for (I know it sounds harsh, cannot take time our for your own mother?, but I am doing really well in school and that is that makes her proud).
    But I keep worrying about her health so I was wondering would buying an electronic threadmill do any good in comparison to walking outside. We have a bike but that is pretty crap. Or would the threadmill be as same as the bike, just waste of money ?

Any threadmill users could tell me about their experiences and progressions..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Equipment will only work if she is going to use it and tbh, most people buy that stuff and don't.

What aspects of her health concern you apart from the diabetes? Has she a poor diet or smokes? Those are issues separate to exercise. Could you set aside a few hours a week to do something together, can you adopt healthy eating as a household thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

She does not smoke or drink. I am not sure about her diet. She does not eat the usual crappy food.
    She does eat healthy, but that is what confuses me, she is overweight but yet I have not seen her eat packs of crips chocolate etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

You could try her with a Leslie Sansone DVD (free to view on YouTube) - she does walking programmes that you can do at home- it's like low impact walking-on-the-spot aerobics. You only need a small space and no equipment or treadmill. It sounds dull but Leslie is nice and there are loads of different workouts with various speeds/music etc. I run a lot but use these if I am stuck indoors with kids or feeling tired.

Advertisement