Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamweek 31 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jose doesn't really rotate though.
    But he did allude that he would at the post-match press conference. Wouldn't be surprised to see Remy start one of the games over the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdMMM wrote: »
    But he did allude that he would at the post-match press conference. Wouldn't be surprised to see Remy start one of the games over the DGW.

Remy could play out wide instead of Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I'm in no man's land right now, literally no idea where to go from here.

Krul - Foster

Dawson - PVA - Terry - Clyne - Bruce

Hazard - Silva - Ozil - Eriksen - Ameobi

Kane - Benteke - Aguero

3.3 Million in the bank burning a hole in my pocket which is just ridiculous. The plan was to ship Eriksen out and downgrade and bring in Sturridge, that's changed to Costa with the Chelsea DGW. I'll probably hang on to Benteke for one more week.

I have so many changes I want to make and only 1 FT, I could have really done with the transfer I used on Puncheon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bank the transfer or ship out Ameobi for one of the cheap DGW QPR/Villa players - Matty Phillips would be a good candidate

Remy could play out wide instead of Willian.

Would Cuadrado not be more likely to rotate in that position? Some Premier League match time will do wonders for getting him ready for next season and I'm sure Mourinho has that in the back of his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Brought in Forster for Foster which turned out to be an unlucky transfer....looking at Transfers in this rd Fabianski seems to be Flavour of the month.....would he be decent replacement for Forster?
    Myhill my other keeper but have a feeling WBA defensive solidity could be on the wane.

Getting rid of Fabianski so I could go the route of the fashionable rotating cheapies has been one of my mistakes this season. I'll probably be getting him in again shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Rikand wrote: »
    Bank the transfer or ship out Ameobi for one of the cheap DGW QPR/Villa players - Matty Phillips would be a good candidate

Banking was my first thought, bringing in Phillips seems like a better move, great shout. It would be between benching Eriksen or Ozil, fixture list and form says Ozil. Eriksen has to stop hitting the wood work at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Giroud out for Austin make sense? I'd then downgrade Sanchez to Ozil for GW32 and then have the funds to upgrade Austin to Costa for GW33. The downside to that is I'd have Austin for GW32 when they play Chelsea instead of Giroud who plays Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Giroud out for Austin make sense? I'd then downgrade Sanchez to Ozil for GW32 and then have the funds to upgrade Austin to Costa for GW33. The downside to that is I'd have Austin for GW32 when they play Chelsea instead of Giroud who plays Burnley.

I was thinking the same but Giroud is in the form of his life at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yup which is the other the spanner in the works

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm in the same boat would love to find an excuse to do it but just can't find it!!

Not having Costa scares the ****e out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Yeah Costa is looking like must again. The yellow card worry for next game will decide it for alot of ppl. 2 yellows in 2 games n he gets a 3 match ban is it? Sanchez is looking like he'll have to go! Too expensive with no return, same could be said for aguero but I feel he'll come good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Is Davis a definite for Southampton now Forster is injured?

Is Davis a definite for Southampton now Forster is injured?

Not definite but he has been on the bench every match so you would assume he was ahead of gazzinga.

jimmii wrote: »
    Not definite but he has been on the bench every match so you would assume he was ahead of gazzinga.

That's good enough, I think!

That's good enough, I think!

Be good if something official came out to settle any doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Forster to whomever the sub keeper at southampton is
    Sturridge to Costa
    Rose to a cheapie or Ozil to an expensivie

for a -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »

These constant injuries must mean he's in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nib wrote: »

Should be Sterling up front so which makes him an option again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Right so Sturridge out is a given for me this week then. Choices are...
    Striaght to Costa
    Benteke for a one week punt pre-Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Striaght to Costa

Benteke surely if it's definitely for 1 week and you can then move to Costa.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Should be Sterling up front so which makes him an option again.
    I shipped Sterling out for Eriksen for the Spurs DGW. Sterling is a great option, but Eriksen has such lovely looking fixtures on paper... This one could go either way in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

AdMMM wrote: »
    I shipped Sterling out for Eriksen for the Spurs DGW. Sterling is a great option, but Eriksen has such lovely looking fixtures on paper... This one could go either way in my mind.

If it was a choice for me, I'd stick with Eriksen. I'm looking at Sterling for later in the season. We're now approaching April and Sturridge is injured again. I can't see him featuring much the rest of this season at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Striaght to Costa

The advantage of doing the Benteke punt is you get an extra week to see if Costa picks up a yellow. Can't remember when the threshold rises to 15, but don't think it's far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The advantage of doing the Benteke punt is you get an extra week to see if Costa picks up a yellow. Can't remember when the threshold rises to 15, but don't think it's far away.

He has 2 games left so if he survives the next game he is good for the double

• Registered Users Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

He has 2 games left so if he survives the next game he is good for the double

Perfect - I have Austin this week. Will be an interesting decision I'll have to make if he picks up a card this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benteke double v Costa single.

Have Costa but sorely tempted to do a 1 week switch, I'd fancy Villa to nick 1 v Utd but could be Gabby though.

Advertisement