Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamweek 31 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Two keepers injured in consecutive weeks!

I made a very impulsive decision last night and took out Aguero and puncheon for silva and giroud. Could be inspired or a disaster! Gonna have to take another hit if Forster and foster are both crocked

Foster is out for 6 months

Forster rumoured to be a season-ender

I have neither but I'm already considering Kelvin and Myhill to my 2 goalkeepers for the run in to have money for elsewhere.
    (Have Krul/Howard atm, Howard definitely going anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tempted to do Aguero to Austin tonight/tomorrow.

Reasoning is have a small profit on Aguero, with him heading for a fall, it may only cost him an extra .1 to .2 to buy him back if i have/want to, and with Austin possibly rising with a DGW coming up, could still profit or break even.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Tempted to do Aguero to Austin tonight/tomorrow.

Reasoning is have a small profit on Aguero, with him heading for a fall, it may only cost him an extra .1 to .2 to buy him back if i have/want to, and with Austin possibly rising with a DGW coming up, could still profit or break even.

Thoughts?

Waaaay too early to be making transfers, so much can happen over the internationals with injuries.

Better to wait until after the Friday press conferences the day before the matches, especially for the sake of .1/.2m at this stage of the season.

On another note I'm holding aguero, I think he'll hit a huge score very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Sold Skrtel before FA ban him. Coleman in

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Costa will be coming back into the mix and might look at Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Aguero was very close to having a hat full of goals at the weekend, I'd be reluctant to sell. My front three are giroud, aguero and kane. I want Costa and I think it'll be giroud to make way even though he scored twice at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are the people calling for Eriksen/Aguero/Sanchez's heads even watching the games? Yes, it might be frustrating to see 2 points beside your premium players, but watching the games will give you a far better insight into their performances than the stats ever will.

Eriksen got an assist (which could very nearly have been a goal) and also struck the post after making space for himself with a with run through the box. Aguero could have had 6 or 7 goals if it wasn't for Myhill being on speed. Finally with Sanchez, he's still putting in a fantastic shift and served several chances on a plate, only for the likes of Welback to scuff them.

The main point here is that these 2 point performances weren't anonymous by any means and they won't go home crying that they didn't rack up FPL points, instead they'll be encouraged that they were creating chances and involved in a lot of attacking moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think I will do Sturridge out, Costa in provided that his muscle injury isn't reported as too serious. I have 2FTs so with the other one I will keep an eye on the injury situations of Forster and Ozil.

I'm not going to give up on Aguero yet; Myhill was like a man possessed at the weekend, Kun could have had a hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AdMMM wrote: »
    Are the people calling for Eriksen/Aguero/Sanchez's heads even watching the games?

Sanchez, he's still putting in a fantastic shift and served several chances on a plate, only for the likes of Welback to scuff them.
    Totally agree with Sanchez. He's about to have an awful break-out game I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Anyone think costa could be in trouble for his kick on mcgregor?

• Advertisement

Probably, he deserves more than what I give him. Not many times but, sometimes, a coach can feel that he owes something to a player and with Rémy that’s the case. I feel I owe him something.

Mourinho hinting at giving Remy more starts in his press conference yesterday. Could be a worry for Costa owners in the run in against lesser teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Thinking of...

Vertonghen - OUT / Bertrand - IN
    Alderweireld - OUT / Naughton - IN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Mourinho hinting at giving Remy more starts in his press conference yesterday. Could be a worry for Costa owners in the run in against lesser teams!

Not like Chelsea have anything else to play for. I'd think once they are mathematically safe for the title they'll start playing a much weakened team, although Costa might still want top scorer. Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

2FT
    Regarding Myhill & Foster...

I'm thinking Guzan in for Foster (price will drop significantly) because of Villa's DGW and after checking they do rotate well

GW 31 - Guzan (MU+QPR)
    GW 32 - Myhill (Leicester Home)
    GW 33 - Villa blank | Myhill Palace Away
    GW 34 - Myhill Liverpool Home

GWs 35,36,37,38 - Guzan plays Everton (H), W.Ham (H), Southampton (A), Burnley (H) while Myhill has nasty fixtures: MU (A), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A).

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bezuaua wrote: »
    2FT
    Regarding Myhill & Foster...

I'm thinking Guzan in for Foster (price will drop significantly) because of Villa's DGW and after checking they do rotate well

GW 31 - Guzan (MU+QPR)
    GW 32 - Myhill (Leicester Home)
    GW 33 - Villa blank | Myhill Palace Away
    GW 34 - Myhill Liverpool Home

GWs 35,36,37,38 - Guzan plays Everton (H), W.Ham (H), Southampton (A), Burnley (H) while Myhill has nasty fixtures: MU (A), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A).

Thoughts?

Seems like a good plan. People will say Sherwood teams can't defend, but were Villa ever much good at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Bellerin - Naughton
    Forster - K Davis

Leaves me with a nice 3.0 in the bank for Zouma - Terry for the DGW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ozil out for Mata will be one transfer I will likely do.
    May also get Bellerin out for a WBA defender.

Will keep the powder dry on both until closer to the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm fairly happy with my team and not too sure who to change. Would bring Costa in for Aguero but he's a doubt. Would it be a waste bringing Ivanovic in for Terry?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm fairly happy with my team and not too sure who to change. Would bring Costa in for Aguero but he's a doubt. Would it be a waste bringing Ivanovic in for Terry?

Would probably only do that if you have 2FTs otherwise I would roll it over ahead of GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Daniel 'knock' Sturridge strikes again:

@BenDinnery: Daniel Sturridge has pulled out of the #ENG squad after a scan revealed the #LFC striker suffered a thigh injury during the defeat to MUFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Daniel 'knock' Sturridge strikes again:

@BenDinnery: Daniel Sturridge has pulled out of the #ENG squad after a scan revealed the #LFC striker suffered a thigh injury during the defeat to MUFC

Good rest for him, back for Arsenal game

8-10 wrote: »
    Good rest for him, back for Arsenal game

Also means less match practice so he won't be as sharp and also possibly won't be risked by Rogers to start games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Also means less match practice so he won't be as sharp and also possibly won't be risked by Rogers to start games.

Actually sounds like it's a hip injury rather than a thigh, more worrying

He's been muck recently anyway but playing for England is a guaranteed long-term injury for Danny these days so better to stay clear of the squad

I need to get a striker in but not sure who. Bony is tempting me, Sakho is tempting me, Kramaric the long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Think I'll bring in Rose for Foster as back up for Myhill so not to lose money on Ben. Might change it after their home game v Liverpool depending how Myhill is doing. Extra 0.6 might be handy for another good defender.

@Chelsea_HQ: #Chelsea expect Diego Costa to be fit for their Premier League game against Stoke immediately after the international window. [Guardian]

@guardian_sport: Diego Costa set to miss out for Spain but be back for #CFC. @domfifield @sidlowe http://t.co/iWdzoxzuGH (Pic: Rex) http://t.co/pyW0DYUexv

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Not one bit surprised. Good old Jose but not so sure he will start both games in the dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Those two bits of news confirm Sturridge --> Costa for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster/myhill
    Terry-Bertrand-Bellerin-PVA-Schlupp
    Silva-Hazard-Eriksen-Sanchez-Boyd
    Aguero-Kane-Austin

2FT and 0.5m in the bank....

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    @Chelsea_HQ: #Chelsea expect Diego Costa to be fit for their Premier League game against Stoke immediately after the international window. [Guardian]

@guardian_sport: Diego Costa set to miss out for Spain but be back for #CFC. @domfifield @sidlowe http://t.co/iWdzoxzuGH (Pic: Rex) http://t.co/pyW0DYUexv

At least a brace incoming then against Stoke

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Not one bit surprised. Good old Jose but not so sure he will start both games in the dgw.

Jose doesn't really rotate though.

Advertisement