Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 30 Captain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

beauf wrote: »

Well I'll be Dammed.

Other
    Would Ivanovic be a crazy choice.

Would Ivanovic be a crazy choice.

He wouldn't even make the list of top 3 defenders to captain this week! Everyone has Aguero and Kane the decision really should just be between those two. Hazard, Costa & Eriksen aren't far behind if you feel you must go for someone different.

Other
    Ok. Thks Already have them. My opposite has Hazard and Kane combo. I got rid of Hazard a while back. Who would you get back Hazard or Costa. Or leave Aguero and Kane as is. I usually captain Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard (hul)
    I wanted to captain sanchez this week but he looked out on his feet last night and id be slightly fearful of him getting a rest now. Austin against an Everton team playing in Ukraine Thursday could be an option.

Ok. Thks Already have them. My opposite has Hazard and Kane combo. I got rid of Hazard a while back. Who would you get back Hazard or Costa. Or leave Aguero and Kane as is. I usually captain Aguero.

Which midfielder would you be getting rid of for Hazard? Hazard & Aguero would probably be the best combination.

I wanted to captain sanchez this week but he looked out on his feet last night and id be slightly fearful of him getting a rest now. Austin against an Everton team playing in Ukraine Thursday could be an option.

With Aguero home to a Fosterless West Brom and Chelsea at Hull going Austin against Everton just seems very punty. If you were looking for an alternative type captain pick then I think Mane or Clyne/Bertrand would be a better bet. Everton should be pretty motivated to try pick up a few more points to make sure they don't get pulled down towards the relegation zone.

Hazard (hul)
    jimmii wrote: »
    With Aguero home to a Fosterless West Brom and Chelsea at Hull going Austin against Everton just seems very punty. If you were looking for an alternative type captain pick then I think Mane or Clyne/Bertrand would be a better bet. Everton should be pretty motivated to try pick up a few more points to make sure they don't get pulled down towards the relegation zone.

Ill see how city look tonight but I'm losing faith in city moreso than Aguero.

Ill see how city look tonight but I'm losing faith in city moreso than Aguero.

Aguero had more shots than any other player at the weekend I don't think we can write him off yet! I doubt we will be able to judge much from tonight they probably won't have much of the ball in the Barca half!

• Advertisement

Hazard (hul)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Aguero had more shots than any other player at the weekend I don't think we can write him off yet! I doubt we will be able to judge much from tonight they probably won't have much of the ball in the Barca half!

I watched the burnley game city were very poor and I didn't think aguero looked that threatening. I certainly didn't come away thinking I was very unlucky with the 2 pts he got.

I watched the burnley game city were very poor and I didn't think aguero looked that threatening. I certainly didn't come away thinking I was very unlucky with the 2 pts he got.

Yeh I agree they were very underwhelming I was pretty surprised to see the stats! To put it into context if you compare his stats to Giroud (who it is fair to say had a decent weekend!) Aguero had more than twice as many shots as Giroud and had twice as many shots in the box as him the difference really was that Aguero had half his shots blocks which didn't happen to Giroud. Funnily enough over the last four their shot stats are identical (both for total shots, shots in the box and for headed attempts!) so while Giroud has outscored him 31 to 18 over those games it does seem a little fortunate for that gap to have been that big. You could say that is due to the quality of the finishing but I think one thing we know about Aguero is that even if he isn't in the best form he knows how to put them away. If he continues to get the same number of opportunities as he has got recently seems onyl a matter of time until the goals follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Other
    I think stats can be misleading which is why watching matches is so critical. Aguero has looked dangerous the past few GWs in terms of shots off target but none of them were guilt edged chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Eriksen (LEI)
    Giroud likes scoring against Newcastle and if it hadn't been for the away Champions League tie last night I would have gone for him. Still might but more likely to go for Kane.

I think stats can be misleading which is why watching matches is so critical. Aguero has looked dangerous the past few GWs in terms of shots off target but none of them were guilt edged chances.

Yeh last four week he has only had 3 "big chances" but Giroud has only had 4. I think he's just been on the bad side of variance it will swing back his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    I'm starting to feel very lonely with Mane(c) :pac:
    I will go ahead with it though, I really fancy him to score.

spock. wrote: »

Good option outside of the obvious ones he looks pretty dangerous and its a fixture with the potential to score well! I hope not too many sign him up this week would like him as a bit of a differential for the weekend!

Other

I think it's a good week to punt. Kane and Aguero will split most of the vote so there won't be a >50% captaincy choice in the top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Eriksen (LEI)
    very torn over kane or ageuro.

city stayed in barcelona last nite and training today before flying home. sergio will start and should be fine. against a pulis defence though.

kane has had some rest and didnt play great against utd so surely due a good game. leicester defence poor and leicester beat them there in cup few months ago. will want revenge.

leaning towards kane. 55/45 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

unplayable wrote: »
    very torn over kane or ageuro.

city stayed in barcelona last nite and training today before flying home. sergio will start and should be fine. against a pulis defence though.

kane has had some rest and didnt play great against utd so surely due a good game. leicester defence poor and leicester beat them there in cup few months ago. will want revenge.

leaning towards kane. 55/45 atm.

I'm in this boat too.

Kane's call-up to the national squad could mean he'll go out and play a stormer.

Aguero's been off the boil and is due a big game, but it's hard to see it coming against a West Brom team with a Bullet-Pulis Vest on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Silva (WBA)
    I also wonder if spot kick duties may revert to the previously reliable Yaya after whast happened last night. I'm certainly now considering someone other than Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Eriksen (LEI)
    yeah prob 60/40 for kane now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Eriksen (LEI)
    Well, with Aguero after the whole missed penalty thing, he'll either be fired up or complacent. Could go either way. Putting it on Kane. I think after having their arses handed to them by United, they should bounce back. And Kane's nothing if not consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Eriksen (LEI)
    Going with Kane so everyone else should do Aguero as my captain's choices have been horrendous this season.

Other
    Well, with Aguero after the whole missed penalty thing, he'll either be fired up or complacent. Could go either way. Putting it on Kane. I think after having their arses handed to them by United, they should bounce back. And Kane's nothing if not consistent.

https://twitter.com/aguerosergiokun/status/578562808691982336

"I'm still a bit upset about getting knocked-off but my focus is on Saturday's Premier League match - there's still much to fight for there!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Silva (WBA)
    Newcastle only have 12 fit outfield players this weekend

Starting to think Giroud....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane (LEI)
    Newcastle only have 12 fit outfield players this weekend

Starting to think Giroud....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Silva (WBA)
    km79 wrote: »

The flip side is, rather than actually trying to win the game, they will more than likely just go so defensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

You're not on your own, voted Other as didn't see him in the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Other
    Am i missing something here?? Myself and only 4 others are punting on Costa compared to Kane and Aguero who are running away with it! Have kept fait in Aguero the last few weeks for those massive 4 point hauls and can't do it again, i reckon Costa is a great shout unless he is likely to miss the game for some reason!? Looks like a good differential going by this too.

Advertisement