Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 - Alexandra Palace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

seanhynes wrote: »
    Is this the 2nd year it's being played at the ally pally?wembley had it for many years

I thought it moved in 2012 although the agreement runs out this year and next year its location has not been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I wasn't sure it could have been played in 2012 just usually recall it being in wembley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I am really surprised to see these two out. The only person I can see stopping Ronnie is Robertson. Going by tonight's match so far he is not on form. I'd like to see milkins getting through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

surely Robertson cant go as well !!

• Advertisement

Neil Robertson 3 (11) 4 Robert Milkins

This Match is getting a bit tasty

4:4 they're really battling it out. Milkins isn't crumbling under the pressure. It still could go either way.

6:4 Robertson through to the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Im looking forward to the Mark Allen V John Higgins match Wednesday afternoon. Mark has had a great season to date and will be the favourite to go through as the John Higgins these days you never know quite what your going to get with him. Unfortunately for John he has struggled badly with his form over the last 2 years and the signs of a decline are there to see as he has become extremely inconsistent. However his game is still there and hes capable of beating anyone on his day. His win over Matthew Stevens in the UK Championship was as well as Ive seen him play in a long time and he looked more like his old self but he cant sustain it and has dropped down the rankings as a result. Hes going to need to pull a rabbit of the hat soon or else he may end up having to qualify for the Crucible. Id love to see him do well in this tournament as he was rather unlucky not to beat Selby last year in the Quarter Finals. Its never nice seeing a great player so far off their best

Really looking forward to the o Sullivan Walden match. I'll be watching it on BBC as I prefer their commentators.

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the o Sullivan Walden match. I'll be watching it on BBC as I prefer their commentators.

Have some pity for those of us in work :mad: I don't know why Ronnie isn't on at 7, surely more people watch it then and he is the biggest draw. Carter Hawkins is not a match I particularly look forward too!

bren2001 wrote: »
    Have some pity for those of us in work :mad: I don't know why Ronnie isn't on at 7, surely more people watch it then and he is the biggest draw. Carter Hawkins is not a match I particularly look forward too!

Usually they have the snooker on the TVs in the office where I work :-). It is a bit strange it's not on later. I'm sure more people would watch it if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I see we still have the 2 girls in audience with Red and Blue Hair !!

Never heard it rain before while watching a snooker match.

syngindub wrote: »
    Never heard it rain before while watching a snooker match.

Was wondering was I hearing things. Never heard it before during a match. He had a nice break going up until that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ronnie just won there. Virgo was so animated for some reason. I missed it, what was so astounding the last frame, and the match in general, apart from Ronnie equaling the century tally of Hendry?

walshb wrote: »
    Ronnie juts won there. Virgo was so animated for some reason. I missed it, what was so astounding the last frame, and the match in general, apart from Ronnie equaling the century tally of Hendry?

Ronnie had no chance of potting the yellow except for flukeing it and by god it was some shot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Ronnies game on Thursday is on in the afternoon session too I believe. What a load of balls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It's Alexandra Palace, we are not Darts here :p
    true bren, much more classy joint this, let me update that title :)

Ahem, cough..., eh... The venue (and that area of London) has been known as Ally Pally since before WWII. :P

Just sayin. :)

• Advertisement

great reception for the Captain.
    Love to see him doing the business against Hawkins

Remaining Games

Ding Junhui v Joe Perry (Wednesday January 14 at 7pm)
    Mark Allen v John Higgins (Wednesday January 14 at 1pm)

(O'Sullivan v Fu): Thursday January 15 at 1pm
    (Carter v Robertson ): Thursday January 15 at 7pm
    (Ding / Perry v Allen / Higgins): Friday January 16 at 1pm
    (Maguire v Murphy): Friday January 16 at 7pm

Lapin wrote: »
    Ahem, cough..., eh... The venue (and that area of London) has been known as Ally Pally since before WWII. :P

Just sayin. :)

Snooker is a respectable sport, Ally Pally makes it sound cheap. It's Alexandra Palace and we all know it!

Carter looking sharp here. I said to a friend earlier I thought Hawkins would blow by him. However, it'll be interesting to see how Carter holds up as the frames go on. I expect Hawkins to come back at him now.

Carter dominating this game and looking like the evntual winner.
    Unless Hawkins does something spectacular this will be over shortly

HAWKINS 1 - 5 CARTER

Carter dominating this game and looking like the evntual winner.
    Unless Hawkins does something spectacular this will be over shortly

HAWKINS 1 - 5 CARTER

Hawkins has been terrible. Hawkins highest break is 22 so far, sure I can knock that in :p Carter has looked sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Makes more sense for Ronnie games to be in the afternoon as thats the only time BBC show live coverage on terrestial TV.
    (Shame they don't give it better coverage obviously)

Makes more sense for Ronnie games to be in the afternoon as thats the only time BBC show live coverage on terrestial TV.
    (Shame they don't give it better coverage obviously)

I didn't even think of that. We do get an hour of the evening session on Thursday and Friday and then full coverage at the weekend. Completely forgot about how bad the coverage on BBC is, its the first year I have sky and the red button!

I didn't even think of that. We do get an hour of the evening session on Thursday and Friday and then full coverage at the weekend. Completely forgot about how bad the coverage on BBC is, its the first year I have sky and the red button!

Yeah, fairly pissed at the coverage of the Snooker on the beeb alright.
    Maybe a little closer to the final stages they may cover all the sessions.

I'm stuck with Eurosport as no Red Button !!.
    Mostly watch the games on Laptop as my girls will not support snooker on tv :(

Yeah, fairly pissed at the coverage of the Snooker on the beeb alright.
    Maybe a little closer to the final stages they may cover all the sessions.

I'm stuck with Eurosport as no Red Button !!.
    Mostly watch the games on Laptop as my girls will not support snooker on tv :(

It's a battle to get the TV all right. I only get it as I let my housemate watch all of the Darts (which I secretly enjoyed). You can get the red button on the laptop at least, still excellent quality. Used to have to do that for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Its only a matter of time until the Beeb lose the snooker coverage. Barry Hearn was not impressed with their coverage of the World's last year and stated at that time that he would have to have words with them about their coverage. Doesn't look like anything has changed unfortunately. It would be terrible to see it have to go to s*y to get proper coverage. I have s*y sports at home but would still hate it to go there.

Advertisement