Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSU Election thread ***Read post 72 before posting***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

So, 5th page of posts and no names yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

excited_face_by_jezkah008-d30ftel.jpg

EXCITED!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

declan06 wrote: »
    So, 5th page of posts and no names yet.

Do you want to start off the naming then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Indeed, Declan ;)

I wonder will boardsies be as well represented on next year's exec as they were on this year's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Indeed, Declan ;)

I wonder will boardsies be as well represented on next year's exec as they were on this year's?

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement

One election at a time,
    Think people are waiting till after constitutional referendum.
    Indeed, Declan ;)

Yes, I do ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Ok so Declan (Meenagh) is in his final year and is almost 110% definitely running for a sabbat position what with the state of the economy for graduates and his massive dedication and commitment to a well run and carbon neutral union.

Anybody else want to help with the naming?

Grace Crehan is running for president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Nision wrote: »
    Ok so Declan (Meenagh) is in his final year and is almost 110% definitely running for a sabbat position what with the state of the economy for graduates and his massive dedication and commitment to a well run and carbon neutral union.

Anybody else want to help with the naming?

Grace Crehan is running for president.

I welcome Declan running.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Are there any candidates running who haven't been lining themselves up for sabb elections since their first day?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I welcome Declan running.

You've edited that now and it makes it look like I'm having a stab at Declan. Which is not what I done. I do welcome Declan running.

<snip> I also do not believe she is a poster on this board, I'm not aware of that anyway. Candidates were bashed left, right and center on here last year yet any time I've been critical of members of MSU this year I get flak. I can dig up those threads if the mods would like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Grace is a member of boards.ie

Digging up old threads is a pointless endeavor with a new mod this year.

Being critical of someone is fine if you can back it up with hard evidence. And I mean HARD evidence. Otherwise it's just pointless and potentially harmful hot air. The mods will decide how reliable evidence is. I would advise never doing this anyway, and discus a candidate's manifesto - not the candidate his/herself.

I'm enforcing a zero tolerance policy from this post on for this thread. Any slander, hint at slander or idiotic snipes will result in an immediate ban until the elections are over. Anyone who argues with me on this will be banned for the same length of time. I don't have patience for silly squabbles.

I would strongly advise everyone read the charter before posting here.

In short: Everyone play nice. A little civility never hurt anyone.

Dickhead?

Anyway, how exactly do you give hard evidence that you disagree with someone's politics? Or complete lack of them as the case may be? Or is opinion not allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I wasn't aiming that at you, it was a general statement.

See you after the elections.

No slander or petty personal attacks?

Why are we even bothering to have a election at all so..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rob for pres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

irish_goat wrote: »
    Rob for pres?

Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

irish_goat wrote: »
    Rob for pres?
    Norrdeth wrote: »
    Seconded

Oh lawl.

/expects angry post from banquo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

If we had as many people voting as we have views on this thread,it'd be one of the biggest elections ever!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cathaldonnelly

I should have thought up some other more clandestine username i feel like i have just stepped into a scene from V for Vendetta without the cool mask :D

No, fair play to you for putting your name on it.

Better than all those recent join date, One post accounts that spring up closer to the day praising certain candidates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Well this thread's about to kick back into full swing, so I might as well be the one to do it.

I handed in my nomination form earlier today. Keith Broni (BuroniKiisu): candidate for Vice President / Communications & Development. Straight from the horse's mouth.

What's the point in Keith Broni for Vice President / Communications & Development if we don't have the right to life?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

Comms looks like its sown up then. I predict a massive ****storm in the welfare race if all the people I've heard are running decide to run..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

Here we go, I guess.

Nision wrote: »
    What's the point in Keith Broni for Vice President / Communications & Development if we don't have the right to life?

*sigh* :rolleyes:

You never change, do you? :pac:

Ataxia wrote: »
    I predict a massive ****storm in the welfare race if all the people I've heard are running decide to run..

I currently know of four candidates; two definitely confirmed. One of the other two plans to run a joke campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NUIMRO

Some info:

Nominations for Maynooth Students' Union Sabbatical and Executive Positions are now open.
    The 2011/2012 positions available are:

Sabbatical:
    President
    Vice President/Education & Welfare Officer
    Vice President/Communication & Development Officer

Executive:
    Finance Officer
    Entertainments Officer
    Cultural Affairs and Irish Language Officer
    St Patrick's College and Ponitifical University Representative.(St Patrick's College Students only)

Nominations will close at 10pm on 28th February.
    Nomination Forms are available in the Students' Union Office.
    Further information about Elections, Positions and Voting is available from returningofficer@nuimsu.com and the Students' Union Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

I handed in my nomination form earlier today. Keith Broni (BuroniKiisu): candidate for Vice President / Communications & Development. Straight from the horse's mouth.

OMG Who saw this coming?! :P

NUIMRO wrote: »
    Nominations will close at 10pm on 28th February.

Shouldn't this be 12pm after the last Union Council?

EDIT: Whoops, silly me; forgot the Guardianships ruling on the change of schedules.

OMG Who saw this coming?! :P

Not me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Let the games begin!

Here we go, here we go, here we go...

Advertisement