Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rethinking the school run

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Can't see cycling working. Can you imagine 50 kids on bikes tearing through a crowded path when the school gates open? Even worse if they're on the roads in heavy traffic.

Happened every single day in my school in the mid 90's. We had at least 200 cyclists in and out the gate every morning and evening and a smaller number at lunchtime.

The only rule we needed was that everyone had to walk their bike to the gate.

It was never a problem bar the odd complaint from neighbours about kids cycling on the path.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Victor wrote: »
    Yes. All those school and college staff and people who do flexi-time and/or can work from home.

Ok I am extrapolating from personal experience - which has its pitfalls.

I work with, or know of, several people who work flexitime or work from home. However, in all cases known to me, this involves working from home one or more days a week. Or working shorter weeks than standard or slightly different shift times. I have never come across anyone who can work from home for weeks or months at a time or who can take all their "flexitime" in one or two blocks.

Advertisement