Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rave in Knock

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Introducing christanity to any event is the best way for it to lose any street cred and make people avoid it. If you want people to turn up, you should drop the whole christian element altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

I'd say it would probably go down well in the States tho, seem to be mad for Christianity over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Hey I have impeccable Christian credentials - PM for details.

I do a mean Christian Dubstep set.

Get in touch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hey I have impeccable Christian credentials - PM for details.

I do a mean Christian Dubstep set.

Get in touch!

Wubb Wubb Woompa Woompa Jesus Christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

what are Jesus' veiws on breaking the laws of the land, if you are harming no-one else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

bobmcginty wrote: »
    Getting back to the point we do take this event pretty serious and the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads. I assure you we can party just as hard as our secular counterparts.

Just so as not to confuse - the event itself will be a fairly traditional rave experience and pretty full-on just with a slight Christian undercurrent (given the setting and context)

Illegal substances been bought & sold,hardcore drug referenced music thumping out over the crowd,heightened state of euphoria brought on by the mix of the music,the drugs,the togetherness,the air filled with the heavy smelll of vicks,olbas oil & sweat,everyone accepted for what they are,no mention of sexual orientation,colour,creed,politics or religion .......possible raid by the local police.

That kind of traditional?? ....coz I could go for that!

But I'd hazard a guess that those of a drug induced state of euphoria would be perceived as demons and those of a same sex orientation would be perceived abominations and therefore not welcome at your 'Rave' ......unless of course they were willing to accept their sins and the wrong path they are on and to stop their sinful ways,ask for forgiveness,ask God to come into their life and join you on your righteous Christian path.

To deny the above would be hypocritical given the Christian mindset,this isn't a cheap dig btw,this is an honest observation from my experience with a certain Christian group.

See I've attended some Christian organised events,family days,picnics,birthday parties & weddings and I've seen how the 'slight undercurrent' works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

coming out of retirement for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Its all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt! If we are promoting young Irish Djing talent and creating a bit of Christian awareness at the same time sure then where's the harm in that

what's the harm in promoting one of the most poisonous horrible things known to man (christianity)?
    Oh where do I start?

Christian awareness? We're all more than aware of what Christianity is. It's an intolerant, homophobic, sexist, archaic, nonsensical, controlling, ignorance-glorifying, child molester sheltering, frankly retarded set of beliefs derived from one particular strain of Middle Eastern mythology that has set this country back about 200 years.

The thing is, I'd normally call troll on this, but having met some of your types in the past, I'm not ruling out that this is, in fact, legitimate idiocy and not a wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Stall the ball. Are you telling me it's all a myth? Like evolution?

Hahaha, here we go.

Creationist's v Evolutionist's

Round 1....... Ding ding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

im 99.5% positive this must be a piss take, christian techno ffs, theres nothing holy in techno or dance music in general, your either a chin stroking nerd or a spasticated mangler or somewhere in between, theres no room for religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

just looked at the website haha

deffo a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'll allow the Christians to have Trance but they sure as hell aint taking Techno, no sir-ee no way.

As I'd mentioned before I know a reasonably well known Detroit Techno producer who happens to be Christian, but it's Techno and it's instrumental and what the hell and I can enjoy it for what it is, pretty OK Techno. Check out Luke Hess if you don't know his stuff.
    But the concept of Christian Techno is pretty farcical on so many levels but mostly because it's taking something big and brilliant and turning it into something akin to a folk mass which is musically awful.

God told me that the OP is joking.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thing is, if you google 'Christian Techno' you find lots of results to various websites and tracks on youtube that are 'techno' with a Christian theme - I won't dare post the track I landed on, I had to stick blunt things into my ears afterwards to cleanse them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

christian-troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jaysis lads, why are yis all taking this so serious? It's obviously a p1sstake

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Illegal substances been bought & sold,hardcore drug referenced music thumping out over the crowd,heightened state of euphoria brought on by the mix of the music,the drugs,the togetherness,the air filled with the heavy smelll of vicks,olbas oil & sweat,everyone accepted for what they are,no mention of sexual orientation,colour,creed,politics or religion .......possible raid by the local police.

That is pretty much what you can expect (bar the possible police raid).
    Just want to emphasize that this is a rave event first and foremost and any religious undercurrent will be naturally intrinsic given the location and context

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Ah will there be any doves?

I'm there man

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

bob u sure you aint this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    what's the harm in promoting one of the most poisonous horrible things known to man (christianity)?
    Oh where do I start?

Christian awareness? We're all more than aware of what Christianity is. It's an intolerant, homophobic, sexist, archaic, nonsensical, controlling, ignorance-glorifying, child molester sheltering, frankly retarded set of beliefs derived from one particular strain of Middle Eastern mythology that has set this country back about 200 years.

The thing is, I'd normally call troll on this, but having met some of your types in the past, I'm not ruling out that this is, in fact, legitimate idiocy and not a wind up.

Im with you for once JT, bar the part where someone being retarded because they have been hoodwinked by a very controlling & extermeley organised cult.
    uberalles wrote: »
    Ah will there be any doves?

I'm there man

Doves being a sign of peace & all that:D

We had a Rave in the hellfire club a few times, does that mean it had an undercurrent of evil?

• Advertisement

Illegal substances been bought & sold,hardcore drug referenced music thumping out over the crowd,heightened state of euphoria brought on by the mix of the music,the drugs,the togetherness,the air filled with the heavy smelll of vicks,olbas oil & sweat,everyone accepted for what they are,no mention of sexual orientation,colour,creed,politics or religion .......possible raid by the local police.. .....................................See I've attended some Christian organised events,family days,picnics,birthday parties & weddings and I've seen how the 'slight undercurrent' works.

I actually thought you would have bowed into the proceedings as the reverend Ray Vaughn:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

The event will cater to Christian and Secular Techno fans alike. The project is based on the credence that holding a gathering at such a sacred and spiritual focal point as Knock could possibly elevate and glorify the collective aura of all who are present. Its experimental in theory

What's so special about knock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Hmmmmmmm, wonder will it cure me of my unemployment

Just curious,why no Jungle/DnB?

.............ya can see where i'm going with this,right?

Amen Brother!
    ;)

I actually thought you would have bowed into the proceedings as the reverend Ray Vaughn:D

I've not heard from the Rev since he went off on missionary duties to try to convert 'Ambient Atheists'.

meanwhile ........

\o/ \o> \o/ <o/ \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

In case I haven't gotten my point across I'd again like to stress that the rave will be primarily all about the music. The whole Christian element has been blown a bit out of proportion to be honest. As things stand our Christian Techno set will probably be winding down by the time most people are starting to congregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

what exactly makes christian techno christian? Samples of readings from the bible or what?

hacx wrote: »
    what exactly makes christian techno christian? Samples of readings from the bible or what?

Ambles along nicely,ya think "oh it's just another techno tune" then the vocal at 5:06 ......

subliminal mesage prehaps?!? ;)

• Advertisement

Ambles along nicely,ya think "oh it's just another techno tune" then the vocal at 5:06 ......

subliminal mesage prehaps?!? ;)

i wouldn't pay money to listen to that stuff in fairness. techno (real techno) isn't really my thing anyway, so i couldn't see myself going for this crap.

Advertisement