Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rave in Knock

Options
  • 08-03-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

If there is anyone interested in playing a set at a Rave in Knock at Easter please let us know.

We are looking primarily for Trance, Acid House, Christian Techno and Dubstep DJs. Check out our site to at www.knockrave.co.nr and you'll see what kind of stuff we do.
    Drop us a mail at knockrave@gmail.com if you want to get involved.

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

bobmcginty wrote: »
    Hi all,

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

I looked over the site yesterday, it is at an undisclosed location until the night before yes?

I think publicly advertsing for DJ's to get in touch for a set at the Gig is one sure fire way for it to be infiltrated by the police as to the location!

I would erase the post if i were you if you want this to actually go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭francois

Hi all,

If there is anyone interested in playing a set at a Rave in Knock at Easter please let us know.

We are looking primarily for Trance, Acid House, Christian Techno and Dubstep DJs. Check out our site to at www.knockrave.co.nr and you'll see what kind of stuff we do.
    Drop us a mail at knockrave@gmail.com if you want to get involved.

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

Much prefer pagan techno myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

Our promoter assures us that if the rave goes ahead it will be legit. We are exploring all possibilities permits/licenses/security etc.

Also the farmer who is providing the animals is 100% behind the project as long as the animals are returned the next morning if that is what you are referring to. All a bit of harmless fun. The few DJs that have approached us so far are also very positive about the event and are fully committed to it.

We have organised a similar gathering in the past and it was a major success

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Our promoter assures us that if the rave goes ahead it will be legit. We are exploring all possibilities permits/licenses/security etc.

Also the farmer who is providing the animals is 100% behind the project as long as the animals are returned the next morning if that is what you are referring to. All a bit of harmless fun. The few DJs that have approached us so far are also very positive about the event and are fully committed to it.

Wtf? - What do you plan doing to the animals? :confused:

Also, why Christian techno? - Can the other genres have another religious preference but not techno? Plus, Wtf is Christian techno?!

You should get this guy over for the night:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ok a quick google and I've discovered there is actually a specific Christian techno following, you learn something everyday. Those who are interested might want to sign up to Gods DJs... I honestly had to stop for a bit to consider if this was a pisstake but it seems to be legit.

http://www.godsdjs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I have some deep shinto house? or some minimal mormon?

eZe^ wrote: »
    I have some deep shinto house? or some minimal mormon?

Hindu hardcore, Bhuddist breakbeat..........i'll stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

as an aside ..... Luke Hess who does some pretty tasty Detroit techno would be openly Christian though you'll hardly get him to play a rave in Knock. I'm hoping to catch up with him in Berlin next month though that will be too late to ask.

Hindu hardcore, Bhuddist breakbeat..........i'll stop now

Druid Dubstep (wub one another)

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    Druid Dubstep (wub one another)

Tao Trance......im really stopping now

as an aside ..... Luke Hess who does some pretty tasty Detroit techno would be openly Christian though you'll hardly get him to play a rave in Knock. I'm hoping to catch up with him in Berlin next month though that will be too late to ask.

To be honest we are trying to keep it as local as possible with our DJs. I'm not familiar with Luke Hess. Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno. We couldn't justify the expenses of flying in international talent in any case as our budget is fairly tight as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno.

Haha, that is brilliant. Can't be having any of that Baptist Techno, can you?

Tell me this though, why do Christians feel the need to set up events like these or get involved in the world of dance music at all? Can't techno be left to our debauched youth to take drugs and dance until their brains seep out their ears, lost in a reverie of narcotics, without the fear of cows or catholics passing near them?

You might consider a vulcan religious set

I hear spock spins some mean tunes,

195639.jpg

To be honest we are trying to keep it as local as possible with our DJs. I'm not familiar with Luke Hess. Would his background be in Roman Catholic Christian Techno or would he practice a seperate denomination of Techno. We couldn't justify the expenses of flying in international talent in any case as our budget is fairly tight as it is.

see now I know you're having a laugh :)

why do Christians feel the need to set up events like these or get involved in the world of dance music at all?

The event will cater to Christian and Secular Techno fans alike. The project is based on the credence that holding a gathering at such a sacred and spiritual focal point as Knock could possibly elevate and glorify the collective aura of all who are present. Its experimental in theory

see now I know you're having a laugh :)

Its all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt! If we are promoting young Irish Djing talent and creating a bit of Christian awareness at the same time sure then where's the harm in that

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Acid laced holy bread and buckfast out of the chalice, you could be on to something op. ;)

Getting off your tits and partying should always be a strictly secular activity imo… I'm too impressionable when I've a tonne of mdma swirling around my bloodstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

On the subject of religious (or spiritual) electronic music. Rhythm & Sound's (Basic Channel) back catalogue is amongst the deepest, most reverent electronic music there is. w/ The Artists and See Mi Yah are sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Shur God is a DJ, I thought everyone knew that

tumblr_lbbximW0Dh1qb7v0no1_500.jpg

Shur God is a DJ, I thought everyone knew that

Only Faithless fans think that and everyone knows they're mild to severely retarded. 'Monged out' as an expression came from someone attending one of their gigs. They didn't realise that the crowd was entirely sober.

Getting back to the point we do take this event pretty serious and the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads. I assure you we can party just as hard as our secular counterparts.

Just so as not to confuse - the event itself will be a fairly traditional rave experience and pretty full-on just with a slight Christian undercurrent (given the setting and context)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

Stumbled across this thread by accident-best laugh I've had in years :D:D

Getting back to the point we do take this event pretty serious and the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads. I assure you we can party just as hard as our secular counterparts.

Just so as not to confuse - the event itself will be a fairly traditional rave experience and pretty full-on just with a slight Christian undercurrent (given the setting and context)

Giving the fact that the Mary is slap bang in the middle of your website and on your facebook page, I doubt there's anything slight about it. On your facebook page you mention Kevin Choo as your treasurer and in the gigs & events forum, he's posting about the event, shilling it while pretending to know nothing about it. Is that not a bit dishonest? Will he have to go confession over that?

Giving the fact that the Mary is slap bang in the middle of your website and on your facebook page, I doubt there's anything slight about it. On your facebook page you mention Kevin Choo as your treasurer and in the gigs & events forum, he's posting about the event, shilling it while pretending to know nothing about it. Is that not a bit dishonest? Will he have to go confession over that?

Leave Kevin Choo out of this man. As well as being our treasurer he is also our publicist. Having not seen his posts myself I'd only be speculating but I presume he was just drumming up a bit of harmless exposure (which he obviously succeeded in doing). Bless the man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

this thread has me in stitches lads, good work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Tao Trance......im really stopping now

I'm late to the party... Vatican Snares?

• Advertisement

the patronising comments can be hard to swallow at times lads.

If you're gonna mention 'Christian Techno' in an electronic music forum then you'll just have to deal with the fallout. Laughing at religion and religious icons carries none of the taboo it once did. You're on here promoting something which many people, myself included, would consider insular, detached and (if it's anything like 'Christian Rock') with the potential to undermine the cultural pluralism that dance music represents. In short, some people will find Christian EDM hard to stomach. Nonetheless, I wish you well and I hope it's a great success.

Advertisement