Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rave in Knock

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Just stumbled across this now.Thats some top trolling - set up a website and everything.hat tip to you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

is this christian enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Heaven holds a sense of wonder
    and i wanted to believe
    that i'd get caught up
    when the rage in me subsides

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

bobmcginty wrote: »
    Hi all,

If there is anyone interested in playing a set at a Rave in Knock at Easter please let us know.

We are looking primarily for Trance, Acid House, Christian Techno and Dubstep DJs. Check out our site to at www.knockrave.co.nr and you'll see what kind of stuff we do.
    Drop us a mail at knockrave@gmail.com if you want to get involved.

Keep the Faith

Bob McGinty
    Knock Rave Foundation

I dont look at the Electronic Music & Djing or contribute much if anything, but jesus christ have things gone that bad in the dance music/rave sence in Ireland?
    Are you American? Please tell me you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

bobmcginty wrote: »
    In case I haven't gotten my point across I'd again like to stress that the rave will be primarily all about the music. The whole Christian element has been blown a bit out of proportion to be honest. As things stand our Christian Techno set will probably be winding down by the time most people are starting to congregate.

You are an expert troll. Wp sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Jaysus, 5 pages and no sign of this yet.... oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Haha, that is brilliant. Can't be having any of that Baptist Techno, can you?

Tell me this though, why do Christians feel the need to set up events like these or get involved in the world of dance music at all? Can't techno be left to our debauched youth to take drugs and dance until their brains seep out their ears, lost in a reverie of narcotics, without the fear of cows or catholics passing near them?

haha brilliant mate contender for post of the year is thi:D

Christian Techno :eek::D i had a have a double take when i seen that, seriously OP are you for real, the vast majority of people in Techno would be drug fiends and most probably don't give a flying fu*k about religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Any chance this can be played :eek::D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Awwwwwww Yeah!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Green Velvet - Preacherman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

safe_image.php?d=AQCrjrmOQthIYzh3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi4.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FW4k3hnOTy84%2Fhqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

This event definitely has to be called 'Rave Heaven'

how about this...

...or this

I saw that before somewhere on boards, is it actually for real?! It would make a good closing track for the Christian techno set anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I'm getting the vibe that while this is in fact real, the whole chrstian aspect is more than a bit tounge in cheek.

Also, it seems more than possible that this could be some sort of tie in for a television show of some sort. Mayo is Hardy Bucks country after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

this should be on nationwide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

it could include a talent contest where people get to pray for their favourite acts and the lord smites the losers and allows the winner to ascend into techno heaven

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    it could include a talent contest where people get to pray for their favourite acts and the lord smites the losers and allows the winner to ascend into techno heaven

Sounds fun. Between the music selection and festivities, this is sounding more and more tempting. I wonder will there be nuns at it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I've sussed it Christian Techno is actually the name of a DJ and not some god fearing drug free rave genre... I bet it's none other than Dublin oldskool techno DJ Christian Coates! .........I'm right aint I? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Guest appearance by DJ Kony2012

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

903uhi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bobmcginty

PAPAL BULL issued by the Knock Rave Foundation on the 29th of March MMXII. http://pic.twitter.com/QAFUO8ZI2v0oqo0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

just curious if anyone went to this lol?

Advertisement